Greatest Double Albums of All Time.

Pretty sure The Doors never released a double album...

1597469454690.png

That particular one is.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Blonde On Blonde - Bob Dylan
Electric Ladyland - Jimi Hendrix Experience
Wheels of Fire - Cream
Freak Out! - Mothers of Invention
Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs - Derek and the Dominoes
At Fillmore East - Allman Brothers Band

Sheik Yerbouti by Frank Zappa was truly fantastic when I was first listening to it. The double album really rocks in many parts.

I got only Acts II & III of Zappa's Joe's Garage when it came out in 1979 and that second tape of the album was quite a lot to listen to in itself. I was very satisfied with it. Much later I got Act I which makes it an even more complete experience.

Both Sheik Yerbouti and Joe's Garage sort of take you into a new world.

Sheik Yerbouti by Frank Zappa was truly fantastic when I was first listening to it. The double album really rocks in many parts.

I got only Acts II & III of Zappa's Joe's Garage when it came out in 1979 and that second tape of the album was quite a lot to listen to in itself. I was very satisfied with it. Much later I got Act I which makes it an even more complete experience.

Both Sheik Yerbouti and Joe's Garage sort of take you into a new world.

The songs on Joe's Garage Vol III are in a class by themselves!

Just otherworldly. Introducing Ike Willis and Vinny Colaiuta to the world. The harsh reality is that like JS Bach and VanGogh, Zappa was never going to be truly appreciated in his lifetime. I have to warn people when I introduce them to even a single guitar solo -- "Heavy Duty Judy" from SUNPYG that, "it's like downloading all 9 Beethoven symphonies at once"

All of the above.
Also ..........
Rush All the World's a Stage & Exit Stage Left
Led Zeppelin The Song Remains the Same & Physical Graffiti
Genesis Seconds Out & The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
Iron Maiden Live After Death
Frank Zappa Shut up n Play yer Guitar ( 3 albums)
Ozzy Osbourne Randy Rhoads Tribute

Last edited:

Forum List

Back