Greatest American President

Most American can name only a few of the American presidents and you are asking them which is the greatest. How about Millard Fillmore?

This isn't a "name a president you think is obscure" thread. Who do you think is the best, and why? You'll probably have a hard time defending Fillmore's record, but you're certainly welcome to try.

Jefferson and Reagan were best since they were the greatest champions of freedom!! Reagan freed 2 billion people, a record no human being can match!

Who, in your opinion, has been the greatest U.S. President thus far? And no, I don't care about the results of that stupid poll from several weeks back. What do YOU think, and why?

My answer is, without hesitation, President Obama. He's given us the ACA, stronger restrictions on predatory lending by credit card companies, heightened awareness to political con artists (like the Tea Party Express) attempting to operate under a tax-exempt banner, a freer Middle East with functioning democracies (Libya, Egypt, Iraq) and budding pro-democracy movements (Turkey, Syria, Iran), and a rebounding economy after what many have called the worst economic conditions we've seen since the Great Depression. He won the Nobel Peace Prize and immediately used that to bring peace to Libya by removing their evil dictator who killed his own people.

Truly, this country has seen no greater leader than the one we have currently.
You must be Gay then.

While this is technically correct, I prefer the term Homosexual-American. If you could, please include the phrase "trigger warning" in advance of your future uses of the G-word.
Gey is easier.
Obama without a doubt number one.
Only if he gets another Nobel prize. And the Vardon Trophy. And Miss America.

Who, in your opinion, has been the greatest U.S. President thus far? And no, I don't care about the results of that stupid poll from several weeks back. What do YOU think, and why?

My answer is, without hesitation, President Obama. He's given us the ACA, stronger restrictions on predatory lending by credit card companies, heightened awareness to political con artists (like the Tea Party Express) attempting to operate under a tax-exempt banner, a freer Middle East with functioning democracies (Libya, Egypt, Iraq) and budding pro-democracy movements (Turkey, Syria, Iran), and a rebounding economy after what many have called the worst economic conditions we've seen since the Great Depression. He won the Nobel Peace Prize and immediately used that to bring peace to Libya by removing their evil dictator who killed his own people.

You must be Gay then.

While this is technically correct, I prefer the term Homosexual-American. If you could, please include the phrase "trigger warning" in advance of your future uses of the G-word.
Gey is easier.
Only if you are Gey and not an American.

He's pathetic.

You must be Gay then.

Gey is easier.
These Geys are one issue voters.
They like him cuz he's the first Gey president.

first-gay-president.jpg

You must be Gay then.

Gey is easier.

hey at least he wound down the war on terrorism!! Osama is dead,GM is alive!!

Truman, plain old American haberdasher turned politico. Abraham Lincoln, tied to first place. Please, Lincoln was such a screwed up politician in the wrong place at the wrong time in more ways than one, he is America's darling.

Most American can name only a few of the American presidents and you are asking them which is the greatest. How about Millard Fillmore?

This isn't a "name a president you think is obscure" thread. Who do you think is the best, and why? You'll probably have a hard time defending Fillmore's record, but you're certainly welcome to try.

Jefferson and Reagan were best since they were the greatest champions of freedom!! Reagan freed 2 billion people, a record no human being can match!
It's a tossup between Washington and Lincoln.

William Henry Harrison was President for only 32 days. Since he didn't have a chance to make Obama-like screwups, shouldn't that put him in the running? Just sayin'.

, a freer Middle East with functioning democracies (Libya, Egypt, Iraq).

are you drunk??
3 countries in absolute chaos.

And, that region has not been in gtotal chaos for 2000 years, right?

And, Ronnie RayGun did not arm al Qaeda and call them freedom fighters, right?

And, idiot W didn't get in there with a huge spoon and just STIR, right?

Nope, the region was "stable", right up until Obama was born in Hawaii and Kenya simultaneously.
dear, she said there were 3 functioning democracies (Libya, Egypt, Iraq) thanks to Barry? which is most functioning thanks to Barry?
Libya,Egypt, Iraq Libya is functioning so well you militias controlling many parts of it and you can attack American consulates, Egypt where the people the Obama administration supported Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood were so bad they were ousted in what a year fine examples of functioning democracies indeed as for Iraq the Iraq Obama never wanted to go into in the first place which would have left Saddam likely still alive and in charge.

William Henry Harrison was President for only 32 days. Since he didn't have a chance to make Obama-like screwups, shouldn't that put him in the running? Just sayin'.
He doesn't get a ranking.

, a freer Middle East with functioning democracies (Libya, Egypt, Iraq).

are you drunk??
3 countries in absolute chaos.

And, that region has not been in gtotal chaos for 2000 years, right?

And, Ronnie RayGun did not arm al Qaeda and call them freedom fighters, right?

And, idiot W didn't get in there with a huge spoon and just STIR, right?

Nope, the region was "stable", right up until Obama was born in Hawaii and Kenya simultaneously.
dear, she said there were 3 functioning democracies (Libya, Egypt, Iraq) thanks to Barry? which is most functioning thanks to Barry?
Libya,Egypt, Iraq Libya is functioning so well you militias controlling many parts of it and you can attack American consulates, Egypt where the people the Obama administration supported Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood were so bad they were ousted in what a year fine examples of functioning democracies indeed as for Iraq the Iraq Obama never wanted to go into in the first place which would have left Saddam likely still alive and in charge.
A good indicator is which one of these countries Obama "gave their freedom to" can he walk down the street without being killed?

He doesn't get a ranking.
Rats!!!

When did any president become obscure? So now the rules are that I must vote for a president not obscure? Can you give us a list of the obscure and un-obscure presidents so we might vote for presidents you approve.

Yep, liberal media nonsense regurgitated by liberal media nonsense. Our economy is weaker now than a decade ago, and our nation is more divided and weaker in all regards. You mention Libya but fail to mention the Muslim Brotherhood. You mention the Tea Party without acknowledging the importance of their core principle of a more responsible government. You mention the Middle East without acknowledging the caliphate. You mention Turkey without understanding we are losing them as an ally. You mention Syria as a budding democracy (a dumber thing could not have been written) without acknowledging the fact that He is planning to bomb them and they hate us. You talk about a rebounding economy without acknowledging the unemployment rate for young black men, home ownership, and new small businesses are all at all time lows. You must like dependency! And he won the Noble Peace Prize because of a well-read speech. You failed to mention the IRS scandal. You failed to mention exponential growth of the debt and deficits (a function of vote buying and holding up the stock market). The outlook for my progeny is worse than any previous generation. The welfare state and open borders is unsustainable and sovereignty has never been more vulnerable. But you did mention that he's given us the ACA, an utter health and economic disaster, but it does grow more of what nobody wants more of: government. You failed to mention the documented 16 times he's violated the Constitution. The great bi-racial Reader-In-Chief could have brought the nation together, but he failed to do it and instead we've not been this divided since the Civil War. The fact that you think all this is great only paints you into an unsustainable, ideological, ignorant corner. It also illustrates an incredible lack of historical knowledge. Not my job to re-program you, however.

I find you to be dangerous to my family.

"God help us, everyone"
~~Tiny Tim

While a nice singer, Tiny Tim was never president, so I must ask you to pick again.
You ever read Dickens? And Obama is a frigging joke. You have to be smoking belly button lint.

I'm thinking she's drinking piss. What would you expect of "wymyn's studies" major?

I'm firmly of the opinion that - in order to be weighed as Best, Worst, etc. - the object of the exercise needs to have completed his term and left office.

An understandable opinion--even though we all know that President Obama is the best, we should at least allow hym to reign in peace and exit office when he feels like it without preemptively announcing him as the greatest humyn being to ever live. It's just bad form, I suppose, much like how announcing hym as the victor of the presidential contests in 2008 and 2012 ahead of the polls closing would've been impolite.

I am still interested in whatever the FUCK you are smoking, drinking, or otherwise ingesting....it must be outrageously effective.

Forum List

Back