Great Speeches At The DNC

Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick was my favorite. He gave a very passionate speech on how he cleaned up Mitt Romney's mess and the great job Obama is doing.

True, quite a contrast between the two conventions.

While the GOP was divisive, accusatory, and negative, the DNC Tuesday was upbeat, enthusiastic, positive, and inclusive.

Deval Patrick has an approval rating barely higher than Obama's :rofl:

Maybe HE should be running for President instead.

Unemployment is higher now in MA than when Romney left.

Ad accuses Mitt Romney of leaving 'Massachusetts $1 billion dollars in debt'
Our ruling

The ad says Romney "left Massachusetts $1 billion in debt."

That is inaccurate or misleading in several ways. The Red, White and Blue fund cherry-picks the highest number from a range of estimates. Also, it was not a "debt." It was just one projected shortfall for the upcoming year -- and one that ultimately didn't materialize.

Like most states, Massachusetts must have a balanced budget every year. And in keeping with that requirement, Patrick, the incoming governor, submitted a balanced budget within a few months.

We rate the claim False.

I have a family member who just sold a condo in Cambridge and bought a house in in the same area. Yes, he's extremely well educated and will make piles of money in his lifetime. To you rw's, that makes him an "elitist". We visit there a couple of ties every year. And, I will surely grant that Cambridge is not a true barometer of most of the rest of the country.

From what we've seen and from what he tells us, Patrick is very popular because he does what is actually GOOD for the state.

Nonetheless, the bush crash hurt people there too.

Romney was a disaster.

Romney has never really done anything by himself. He got start up money from daddy and/or the government and then took credit for doing it alone.

Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick was my favorite. He gave a very passionate speech on how he cleaned up Mitt Romney's mess and the great job Obama is doing.

A passionate speech fraught with lies by another Axelrod invented Obie lap dog.

what lie?

You are almost as amusing as the DNC so far:

These numbers don’t lie - BostonHerald.com

Fact Check – Governor Deval Patrick – Democrat Convention Speech – Pinocchio is Blushing! ~ Massachusetts Conservative Feminist | Ordinary: Degrees of Moderation and Sanity

Last edited:
Pelosi just delivered an uninspiring, avoid-batshit-crazy-at-all-costs speech tonite. I was half expecting her to say 'you don't need to build it, do what I did and marry a billionaire developer and then run for Congress'.
Then again, the speech was written for her.

Forum List

Back