Great News!- Al Jazeera to shut down American news channel

Thank God, Cleetus and Billy Bob were Saved from ever having to hear an alternative point of view.
Joe, I thought I was the only one who regrets the loss. I've only seen it twice, but it did not seem to be what those who never watched it claim it to be, a propaganda piece. Have you noticed how today's American extremists show so many of the characteristics we once contemptibly believed of communists? In my youth, if you so much as read a 'Life of Lenin' or a history of the Russian revolution, or, God forbid, debated co-op farms (but not kibbutz), you were condemned as a traitor. So I regret we will no longer be able to hear a voice that is able to tell us how the rational other half thinks and feels. I also often read a poster who holds in contempt anyone so lacking in backbone that they could see an offensive video and go off on a murderous riot, ala Benghazi, yet thinks Al Jazeera has too much evil ISIS influence over American minds, like we can't discern.

Thank God, Cleetus and Billy Bob were Saved from ever having to hear an alternative point of view.

Joe, I thought I was the only one who regrets the loss. I've only seen it twice, but it did not seem to be what those who never watched it claim it to be, a propaganda piece.

Of course it would not appear so, since you buy propaganda like fat ladies chocolate bon-bons.

Have you noticed how today's American extremists show so many of the characteristics we once contemptibly believed of communists?

No. Perhaps you could detail some of those characteristics. I myself strongly note them among the Left.

In my youth, if you so much as read a 'Life of Lenin' or a history of the Russian revolution, or, God forbid, debated co-op farms (but not kibbutz), you were condemned as a traitor.

Wow, where did YOU grow up? I walked around school with Das Kapital and Mein Kampf, and not a problem. Most know the best way to understand an enemy is to study him closely.

So I regret we will no longer be able to hear a voice that is able to tell us how the rational other half thinks and feels.

The insane often find like-minded people rational.

I also often read a poster who ... thinks Al Jazeera has too much evil ISIS influence over American minds, like we can't discern.

It seems you cannot. And Al Jazeera failed because no one of sound mind wasted much time with them. They had no ratings, just like many Leftist news ventures that have failed miserably.

Joe, I thought I was the only one who regrets the loss. I've only seen it twice, but it did not seem to be what those who never watched it claim it to be, a propaganda piece.

Of course it would not appear so, since you buy propaganda like fat ladies chocolate bon-bons.

Have you noticed how today's American extremists show so many of the characteristics we once contemptibly believed of communists?

No. Perhaps you could detail some of those characteristics. I myself strongly note them among the Left.

In my youth, if you so much as read a 'Life of Lenin' or a history of the Russian revolution, or, God forbid, debated co-op farms (but not kibbutz), you were condemned as a traitor.

Wow, where did YOU grow up? I walked around school with Das Kapital and Mein Kampf, and not a problem. Most know the best way to understand an enemy is to study him closely.

So I regret we will no longer be able to hear a voice that is able to tell us how the rational other half thinks and feels.

I also often read a poster who ... thinks Al Jazeera has too much evil ISIS influence over American minds, like we can't discern.

It seems you cannot. And Al Jazeera failed because no one of sound mind wasted much time with them. They had no ratings, just like many Leftist news ventures that have failed miserably.
Billy, we grew up in different decades. There is an old theory that our value judgements are set for life by the time we are ten years old unless some significant event changes them. I was ten years old in 1946 so my world was one flushed with victory and an open future and faith in our nation, able to hear opposition without being absorbed by it, until that nut job McCarthy somehow got a voice big enough to darn near ruin the country. I think maybe that was the era of your tenth year, secretive, fearful, distrusting. We both know you are smarter than me, but I'll not concede wiser.

About time. A modern day Tokyo Rose backing Muslim trash

-Geaux
================

Al Jazeera said it would shut down its American news channel, Al Jazeera America, by the end of April, less than three years after its launch.
Al Jazeera cited “the economic landscape of the media environment.”
Qatar-backed Al Jazeera America, which was launched in 2013, said it is “committed to conducting this process in a way that is consistent with its respect for colleagues.”
The parent company, Al Jazeera Media Network, said it would now focus on expanding its digital platforms in the U.S.
The wind-down comes amid turmoil at Al Jazeera America.
Al Jazeera to shut down American news channel
Only a spoon fed faux news watcher gives a shit...OH JOY JOY! The mainstream media has one less channel for competition to get REAL NEWS FROM! OH YAY! Not.

Billy, we grew up in different decades. There is an old theory that our value judgements are set for life by the time we are ten years old unless some significant event changes them. I was ten years old in 1946 so my world was one flushed with victory and an open future and faith in our nation, able to hear opposition without being absorbed by it, until that nut job McCarthy somehow got a voice big enough to darn near ruin the country. I think maybe that was the era of your tenth year, secretive, fearful, distrusting. We both know you are smarter than me, but I'll not concede wiser.

My 10th year was under Kennedy. I am a product of Cold War America.

McCarthy was right. A tad indelicate and exaggerated, but correct in the main.

About time. A modern day Tokyo Rose backing Muslim trash

-Geaux
================

Al Jazeera said it would shut down its American news channel, Al Jazeera America, by the end of April, less than three years after its launch.
Al Jazeera cited “the economic landscape of the media environment.”
Qatar-backed Al Jazeera America, which was launched in 2013, said it is “committed to conducting this process in a way that is consistent with its respect for colleagues.”
The parent company, Al Jazeera Media Network, said it would now focus on expanding its digital platforms in the U.S.
The wind-down comes amid turmoil at Al Jazeera America.
Al Jazeera to shut down American news channel
Trump followers and other right wing dummies will still have Russian TV news for inspiration. You know how much those people admire Putin and the false perception of strength.

Joe, I thought I was the only one who regrets the loss. I've only seen it twice, but it did not seem to be what those who never watched it claim it to be, a propaganda piece. Have you noticed how today's American extremists show so many of the characteristics we once contemptibly believed of communists? In my youth, if you so much as read a 'Life of Lenin' or a history of the Russian revolution, or, God forbid, debated co-op farms (but not kibbutz), you were condemned as a traitor. So I regret we will no longer be able to hear a voice that is able to tell us how the rational other half thinks and feels. I also often read a poster who holds in contempt anyone so lacking in backbone that they could see an offensive video and go off on a murderous riot, ala Benghazi, yet thinks Al Jazeera has too much evil ISIS influence over American minds, like we can't discern.

The few times I watched AJ-AM, I thought it wasn't any different than CNN, really. It even used some of the same personalities who CNN didn't use anymore, like Joey Chen.

I think they thought they could run an unbiased news network and that would get ratings. Silly them. We say we want "Fair and Balanced" news, but we don't. We want news that tells us what we want to hear and validates our world view. This is why Fox and MSNBC have carved out their little audiences.

Forum List

Back