GREAT! Jobless Claims Hit 44-Year Low...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
Wow, 44-Year low? Pretty great. Good on ya Trump. :thup:

New applications for U.S. unemployment benefits unexpectedly fell last week and the number of Americans on jobless rolls declined to a near 44-1/2-year low, pointing to a rapidly tightening labor market.

Initial claims for state unemployment benefits dropped 4,000 to a seasonally adjusted 218,000 for the week ended June 9, the Labor Department said on Thursday. Claims data for the prior week was unrevised.

Economists had forecast claims rising to 224,000 in the latest week.

The labor market is considered to be close to or at full employment, with the jobless rate at an 18-year low of 3.8 percent.

US jobless rolls declined to a near 44-1/2-year low, pointing to a rapidly tightening labor market
DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

With so many abandoning the workforce, it’s no wonder there are jobs opening up.

Come on, is that really all ya got? The nation is at or near Full Employment, and you're still bitchin. Trump's delivering. It is what it is.

With so many abandoning the workforce, it’s no wonder there are jobs opening up.

Come on, is that really all ya got? The nation is at or near Full Employment, and you're still bitchin. Trump's delivering. It is what it is.
I’m just not seeing how you can claim that Trump delivered this. Obama had double digit unemployment when he took over and got it down to where it is now. Trump seems to be taking all the credit. How does that make sense?

96 million out of the work force. And U6 unemployment well above 8%.

I’m just not seeing how you can claim that Trump delivered this. Obama had double digit unemployment when he took over and got it down to where it is now. Trump seems to be taking all the credit. How does that make sense?

Aww, hatas gonna hate. Pretty pathetic, yo.

Yeah, i'd like to see that improve. But you can't have everything i guess. A 44-Year low is pretty damn good though.

No seriously, I’m not hating on Trump. He has done some good things for the economy and is helping it improve. I just think it is disingenuous to take all this credit for the unemployment and job rates. Don’t you?

No seriously, I’m not hating on Trump. He has done some good things for the economy and is helping it improve. I just think it is disingenuous to take all this credit for the unemployment and job rates. Don’t you?

Would you not be blaming Trump 100% if Unemployment Numbers were at record highs? Try and answer honestly.

Yeah, i'd like to see that improve. But you can't have everything i guess. A 44-Year low is pretty damn good though.
Rising inflation, sub-3% GDP growth, trade wars, massive increases to the national debt.... paired woth a rapidly shrinking work force? Not good. Lipstick on a pig.

Rising inflation, sub-3% GDP growth, trade wars, massive increases to the national debt.... paired woth a rapidly shrinking work force? Not good. Lipstick on a pig.

Oh Gawd, lay off the Democrat Fake News propaganda kid. A 44-Year low jobless claims is great news for the country. Get over it.

Oh Gawd, lay off the Democrat Fake News propaganda kid. A 44-Year low jobless claims is great news for the country. Get over it.
No that’s not true. Every time unemployment went down under Obama it was drilled into me by the right that it was unimportant because of all those other things. Until Trump addresses those things he can’t take credit for anything.

But 4.X% under Obama was “disasterous economy”?

But 4.X% under Obama wasn’t???
The other numbers he’s dismissing in this thread were far more important back then than they are now.

But 4.X% under Obama wasn’t???
The other numbers he’s dismissing in this thread were far more important back then than they are now.

Yep, back in Obama days it was all about LFPR, now all of sudden the word disappeared from their lexicon entirely. It was about “real unemployment”, but now U3 is the toast of the rw town.

Forum List

Back