Judge temporarily blocks assault weapons ban in Chicago suburb of Deerfield

jc456

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2013
My Fellow Americans, if you wish to know how evil the left is, just read this article. The left wish to banish the 2nd ammendment, you are witnessing one way they have found to do it. I see this most likely going to SCOTUS.

"CHICAGO — An Illinois judge has temporarily blocked the Chicago suburb Deerfield from implementing an assault weapons ban that the village passed in the aftermath of the Parkland, Fla., school shooting that left 17 dead.

The board of the village, which is located north of Chicago, voted unanimously in April to approve an ordinance banning assault weapons, including the AR-15 that was used in the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School massacre, in the town’s boundaries.

Lake County Circuit Court Judge Luis Berrones on Tuesday agreed to implement a temporary restraining order to prevent enforcement of the ordinance, which was to go into effect Wednesday, until two lawsuits challenging the ordinance could be heard.

“We are reviewing with our legal team the full written opinion that the Judge entered,” the village said in a statement. “We will, of course, honor the order issued by the Court and temporarily not enforce the ordinance. But we are certainly going to review all of the options available to the Village, including the right to appeal the decision to the Illinois Appellate Court.”"

Again, Assault weapon has never been defined. ever. BTW, any weapon is an assault weapon.

Again, Assault weapon has never been defined. ever. BTW, any weapon is an assault weapon.
Do you really not realise you defined it? Just as the Deerfield ordinance defined it.

Last edited:
My Fellow Americans, if you wish to know how evil the left is, just read this article. The left wish to banish the 2nd ammendment, you are witnessing one way they have found to do it. I see this most likely going to SCOTUS.

"CHICAGO — An Illinois judge has temporarily blocked the Chicago suburb Deerfield from implementing an assault weapons ban that the village passed in the aftermath of the Parkland, Fla., school shooting that left 17 dead.

The board of the village, which is located north of Chicago, voted unanimously in April to approve an ordinance banning assault weapons, including the AR-15 that was used in the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School massacre, in the town’s boundaries.

Lake County Circuit Court Judge Luis Berrones on Tuesday agreed to implement a temporary restraining order to prevent enforcement of the ordinance, which was to go into effect Wednesday, until two lawsuits challenging the ordinance could be heard.

“We are reviewing with our legal team the full written opinion that the Judge entered,” the village said in a statement. “We will, of course, honor the order issued by the Court and temporarily not enforce the ordinance. But we are certainly going to review all of the options available to the Village, including the right to appeal the decision to the Illinois Appellate Court.”"

a vote for a democrat is a vote to undo the constitution. Just so everyone knows the rest of the story.

The people in charge haven't. That's the point.
The Deerfield ordinance defined it, ffs. Just like you.
I know they did, that again was my point. that means they ban everything in your house or you pay one thousand a day on each weapon. you are too stupid to understand what is actually meant by this ban. It's why you are a demoloser.

I know they did, that again was my point. that means they ban everything in your house or you pay one thousand a day on each weapon.
What rightard dumb fuck bullshit. It's obvious you haven't even read the ordinance.

Attachments

• Assault Weapons Ban Ordinance_1.pdf
    373.1 KB · Views: 99
I know they did, that again was my point. that means they ban everything in your house or you pay one thousand a day on each weapon.
What rightard dumb fuck bullshit. It's obvious you haven't even read the ordinance.
I did, it said assault guns. that is any gun. so they will tax you 1000 per gun per day.

I did, it said assault guns. that is any gun. so they will tax you 1000 per gun per day.
It defined assault weapons, you rightard dumb fuck. Their definition, not yours, applies in their ordinance.

It defined assault weapons, you rightard dumb fuck. Their definition applies in their ordinance, not yours.
well post the definition. here we go into the circular jerk of the left.

Well if Deerfield passed the ban than the ban should be in effect.

If the people in Deerfield don't like that ordinance then its up to them to vote out those on the board.

Easy Peasy.

Well if Deerfield passed the ban than the ban should be in effect.

If the people in Deerfield don't like that ordinance then its up to them to vote out those on the board.

Easy Peasy.
guess the people didn't agree.

Much like trump won and you all are going russia russia. eh?

dude, they state every gun made. as I stated, assault weapon means every weapon. any weapon that can assault someone. Next it will be knives and forks and any other weapon. it's called Pandora's box. you should read up on what that is.

Subject only to the police power, the right of the individual citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
(Source: Illinois Constitution.)

This is a States' rights issue and should be resolved by the State in question.

Subject only to the police power, the right of the individual citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Supreme court already ruled in McDonald vs Chicago. It isn't a state's right issue. It is a constitutional issue related to the 2nd amendment. the state does not have jurisdiction to define the 2nd amendment, or deny a citizen the right to self defense.

Nope. The Due Process and Equal Protection clauses of the 14th Amendment force the states to adhere to the Bill of Rights.

Forum List

Back