Greastest Metal Bands/artists of all time

Sabbath with Ozzy.I also like a lot of Metallicas stuff, ACDC are sound.I love Old school Deep Purple.

Anybody like Counting Crows? I know they aren't heavy but they are a fine band, I like their stuff a lot.

Yngwie Malmsteen

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZPQVDWXCpI]YouTube - Yngwie J Malmsteen - Baroque & Roll[/ame]

uhgh.. this thread, and the responses thus far, are nothing less than asinine

says the guy who brings up... uh.. the counting crows in a thread about METAL....

:thup:

FUCK Selloutica.... after Cliffy died, the band was and is shit

Once you mention Sabbath.. it does not matter who you put afterwards on the list.. they are the #1.. no question.. no argument

That being said... others I would give homage to...

Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Anthrax, Dio, Megadeth, and Accept

Many others that other people would mention are not true metal.. rather they are hard rock.. .so no putting Crue, Kiss, Van Halen, etc... as much as I like them as bands.. they're NOT metal

says the guy who brings up... uh.. the counting crows in a thread about METAL....

You don't like their music then?

they have their time and place.. but it sure as hell isn't in a thread about Metal.

ps, any list about the greatest metal band that leaves Slayer out of the top 5 wouldn't shock me if it had Nickelback in the remainder of their top ten. just saying.

You don't like their music then?

they have their time and place.. but it sure as hell isn't in a thread about Metal.

ps, any list about the greatest metal band that leaves Slayer out of the top 5 wouldn't shock me if it had Nickelback in the remainder of their top ten. just saying.
I never got the whole nickelback thing or creed!
And what about Pantera? I hate them but they usually are a fav of men who like metal!

I'd don't really like music like this very much. It's not good to dance to and it's not fun to make out to. But if I had to choose from the ones listed I would say Tool. I like all of Maynard's bands he's a really interesting person. I'm not much of a pot smoker but if you put on 10,000 Days and smoke one you will go on a magical journey. Srsly if you give it a try PM me to tell me what you thought. Listening to that album when it came out caused a shift in how I understood religion and spirituality, it's really special to me (so don't dis it and cause a shitstorm to rain down on you from my loyal protectors). :)

1. Black Sabbath
2. Metallica
3. Ozzy
4. TOOL
5. Megadeth
6. KISS
7. AC/DC

anyone got anymore to add? feel free

LOL @ Kiss and AC/DC on a metal list :lol:

The greatest metal band in history is Iron Maiden. Sabbath started it all, but any true metal fan will tell you maiden perfected it. Motorhead would get honorable mention.

666 the number of the beast :evil:

Judas Priests Sad Wings Of Destiny is one of my all time favourite albums.
I have an album by WASP which isn't too bad.

Wolfmother are an excellent up and coming band who have had a few hits.

Metal?

Iron Maiden
Megadeth
Metallica (Justice, and earlier)
Anthrax
Accept
King Diamond
Judas Priest

And, for all of 2 songs, Slayer). :D

Forum List

Back