Greastest Metal Bands/artists of all time

I'd don't really like music like this very much. It's not good to dance to and it's not fun to make out to. But if I had to choose from the ones listed I would say Tool. I like all of Maynard's bands he's a really interesting person. I'm not much of a pot smoker but if you put on 10,000 Days and smoke one you will go on a magical journey. Srsly if you give it a try PM me to tell me what you thought. Listening to that album when it came out caused a shift in how I understood religion and spirituality, it's really special to me (so don't dis it and cause a shitstorm to rain down on you from my loyal protectors). :)

Works with Lateralus too.

btw: I think all the really good metal bands have already been posted. And I'm really glad nobody said Korn.

btw: I think all the really good metal bands have already been posted. And I'm really glad nobody said Korn.

Don't knock Korn.. They have about 3 good songs. Freak On A Leash is awsome, as is Coming Undone (which is actually my ringtone).. :)

Metal?

Iron Maiden
Megadeth
Metallica (Justice, and earlier)
Anthrax
Accept
King Diamond
Judas Priest

And, for all of 2 songs, Slayer). :D

2 songs, eh? I beg to differ. Half of the people on this board probably don't even kow who king diamond is.. letalone Accept. Hell, you'd be lucky if half of that half could even remember the one hit, Balls to the wall, by that band. and you think Slayer only had 2 good songs?

pshhh.. i'd stack the career of Slayer against anyone on your list.

actually, the first korn album was damn good. A little off the wall, though. I hated it when it came out but eventually came to appreciate it better than anything else they released.

For newer bands, Disturbed and System of a Down deserve consideration.

I can't stand disturbed but SOAD's first album was great stuff.

and, if we are adding the alternametal then I'm nominating Faith No More

Best Metal Album:

Crest of a Knave - Jethro Tull

:lol:

That is a truly great album, no question about it.

But if you're referring to the Grammy, it was specifically for the song "Jumpstart," which beat out Metallica's "One," much to the chagrin of Lars the sour grapes sore loser. :cool:

Best Metal Album:

Crest of a Knave - Jethro Tull

:lol:

That is a truly great album, no question about it.

But if you're referring to the Grammy, it was specifically for the song "Jumpstart," which beat out Metallica's "One," much to the chagrin of Lars the sour grapes sore loser. :cool:

I actually have both albums since I love Jethro Tull, but the old Tull, and I don't think I have listened to Knave through more that once. I am not familiar with any of the songs. I think I'm going to go into the basement now and try to dig up the disc.

As for Metallica, I also like the old Metallica, and not as much the new stuff.

"One" is one of the best songs ever...and the video kicks ass.

Album of the Year is completely under rated too.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPh8yGUnWog[/ame]

Last edited:

I actually have both albums since I love Jethro Tull, but the old Tull, and I don't think I have listened to Knave through more that once. I am not familiar with any of the songs. I think I'm going to go into the basement now and try to dig up the disc.

Found it!

Now for track #3: Jump Start...

Found it!

Martin's short, but ripping solo is quite tasty. :cool:

Found it!

NO WAY!

Not too bad of a song, but not anywhere near as good as One. HOLY FRIG!

Compare One to Aqualung and its a different story.

(It's funny to be writing in a thread about Metal...while listening to Coldplay :) )

Last edited:
I can't really agree with you on that one. Even the Metallica that I like I rarely ever listen to anymore. It just doesn't hold up for me. Crest of a Knave is still a regular in the rotation.

Forum List

Back