Gray Dawn: Green Bulbs, Black Hole...

They should also ban all swimming pools too. I mean,how many people die in swimming pools every year? It's a damn Genocide going on.

hey... isn't that the libertarian way? everything is cool unless you infringe upon other people's rights. well.... the gas guzzlers are increasing gas consumption, thereby raising the price/gallon, which in turn I have to also pay for.

No you dont. You can walk, or take a bus. or grow your own corn to make ethanol and fuel your custom made ethanol burining car.

Me using a 100 watt bulb, or driving a 1MPG car does nothing to infringe on your rights.
It just seemingly makes you all butthurt about it.

Doesn't it? If people who drive SUV's and the like raise the consumption of gasoline nationally, they are driving up the cost that EVERYONE has to pay. Man... the oil lobby must love you.
If we could just use legislature to break economic laws, wouldn't life be great?

hey... isn't that the libertarian way? everything is cool unless you infringe upon other people's rights. well.... the gas guzzlers are increasing gas consumption, thereby raising the price/gallon, which in turn I have to also pay for.

No you dont. You can walk, or take a bus. or grow your own corn to make ethanol and fuel your custom made ethanol burining car.

Me using a 100 watt bulb, or driving a 1MPG car does nothing to infringe on your rights.

Doesn't it? If people who drive SUV's and the like raise the consumption of gasoline nationally, they are driving up the cost that EVERYONE has to pay. Man... the oil lobby must love you.

In a supply demand economy, everything is effected by this. It doesnt mean you should ban something just because YOU dont like it.

Wow... you guys are really bought and sold, aren't you? Funny... no one has a right to a job that supports a family... but we have a damned right to drive our Suburbans and our Hummers... fuckin' sheep.

Big Government cannot possibly allow the People to decide which bulb they prefer. Just can't be allowed. If their bulbs are so great,why do they have to force the Citizens to buy them? It's like their Health Insurance Mandate. If their ideas are so wonderful,why do they have to force the Citizens to go along? Why not just let the people be free to decide? I guess it's always about the control for Big Government though. It's so damn sickening.

Of course they have to force us to buy them, the lighting from them is inferior.

Wow... you guys are really bought and sold, aren't you? Funny... no one has a right to a job that supports a family... but we have a damned right to drive our Suburbans and our Hummers... fuckin' sheep.

No,that's your own warped mentality. You actually have the right to do both. For now anyway.

Who said no one has a right to a job that supports a family?

Who said that?

With respect to your second 'point', was this you?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JPZskYKUvY]When a Prius owner confronts a pickup driver - YouTube[/ame]

That lightbulb has ZERO impact on other people

Not true. Inefficient consumption of energy in a world that is rapidly becoming resource-tight is an effect on other people.

What if they hook up their 100 watt bulb to a solar panel and a battery?

And to me your reason is not sufficent to make government step in and ban light bulbs. People pay for the inefficency with a higher electrical bill. Why not try selling that to them, instead of using government to force them to do what you want them to do?

I know the answer, and its because its easier to use the government to beat people into submission that to convince them your view is right. Nanny statism is basically due to laziness on the part of activists.

that and the so-called shortage of energy is artificially created.

I think they ought to ban gas guzzling cars and suv's too...not only are they negatively impacting the environment, but they are causing more in consumption of gasoline...thereby increasing the price I have to pay for fuel in my 4 cylinder car. That's having a negative impact and stepping on MY rights.

Yes lets just ban everything. Because then no one can be offended or feel victimized ever again. No,there's too much banning going on already with Big Government. Lets just take a break from rushing to ban everything. That's not what our country is about.

Where your argument falls apart is that you think that consumption raises the price. It does not, you fail.

Wrong. In fact the opposite should be true, if we went by the goofy logic you are using.

I think they ought to ban gas guzzling cars and suv's too...not only are they negatively impacting the environment, but they are causing more in consumption of gasoline...thereby increasing the price I have to pay for fuel in my 4 cylinder car. That's having a negative impact and stepping on MY rights.

Well then I guess I'm crappin' all over your rights. My imported German car is stick. I replaced the OEM turbo with a bigger volume one and a couple of computer chips to up the horsepower rather significantly. And then I wind them gears out to max rpm's, just sucking up and burning that expansive gas at a dramatic rate. It's great sport.

Yes lets just ban everything. Because then no one can be offended or feel victimized ever again. No,there's too much banning going on already with Big Government. Lets just take a break from rushing to ban everything. That's not what our country is about.

Where your argument falls apart is that you think that consumption raises the price. It does not, you fail.

Bullshit... those are the laws of supply and demand... suppose only half of the people wanted iPhones that does now... what do you think that would do to the price of an iPhone?

Why do you think the price of gas conveniently rises around vacation time? If it's not consumption that rises the price... then it's fuckin' piracy... what is it?

Oh such a rush to ban everything. What's happening to our country? Big Government only gets bigger & bigger.

And this is the point where you go off the deep end, because you realize both your position and argument are stupid.

Well then I guess I'm crappin' all over your rights. My imported German car is stick. I replaced the OEM turbo with a bigger volume one and a couple of computer chips to up the horsepower rather significantly. And then I wind them gears out to max rpm's, just sucking up and burning that expansive gas at a dramatic rate. It's great sport.

I'm jealous!

Forum List

Back