Gray Dawn: Green Bulbs, Black Hole...

That lightbulb has ZERO impact on other people

Not true. Inefficient consumption of energy in a world that is rapidly becoming resource-tight is an effect on other people.

What if they hook up their 100 watt bulb to a solar panel and a battery?

And to me your reason is not sufficent to make government step in and ban light bulbs. People pay for the inefficency with a higher electrical bill. Why not try selling that to them, instead of using government to force them to do what you want them to do?

I know the answer, and its because its easier to use the government to beat people into submission that to convince them your view is right. Nanny statism is basically due to laziness on the part of activists.

Who the hell uses 100w bulbs anyway? It's pissing in an ocean of energy waste.

Then convince other people of this fact, instead of relying on government fiat to get what you want.

If the replacements are so good, they will sell themselves. if not, then YOU go out and sell thier benefits if it so important to you.

Stop using government to make people live the way YOU want them to live.

"Liberalism,ideas so good they have to be mandatory." - Andrew Wilkow.

I think they ought to ban gas guzzling cars and suv's too...not only are they negatively impacting the environment, but they are causing more in consumption of gasoline...thereby increasing the price I have to pay for fuel in my 4 cylinder car. That's having a negative impact and stepping on MY rights.

I think they ought to ban gas guzzling cars and suv's too...not only are they negatively impacting the environment, but they are causing more in consumption of gasoline...thereby increasing the price I have to pay for fuel in my 4 cylinder car. That's having a negative impact and stepping on MY rights.

But the people pay for it by paying for more gas per unit mile, thus paying more to drive what they want.

Also, you could always walk or use mass transit, there is no RIGHT to drive.

So instead you want to use the government to make people drive cars YOU approve of?

how fascist of you.

and I know, I know....

Blog_Godwins_Law.jpg

Yes lets just ban everything. Because then no one can be offended or feel victimized ever again. No,there's too much banning going on already with Big Government. Lets just take a break from rushing to ban everything. That's not what our country is about.

Cool! Let's ban rigorous exercise, too. All those folks interested in being so fit, toned, and athletic have higher caloric intake needs and they drive MY food costs up!

Wow... I've heard from "Conservatives" that it was Obama that banned the bulb.

But hey... you know what? personally? I'd rather buy a 24 watt CFL and get the same light as a 100 watt Incandescent.... silly me... I like to save money AND see in the dark.

No one is stopping you from buying any light bulb you want to buy. However, a bunch of fascist turds like you are stopping the rest of us from buying what we want to buy.

The fascist/liberal conception of freedom is "the right to do whatever liberals tell you to do."

Cool! Let's ban rigorous exercise, too. All those folks interested in being so fit, toned, and athletic have higher caloric intake needs and they drive MY food costs up!

They also hurt my feewings by being in such shape, while I am not.

Yes lets just ban everything. Because then no one can be offended or feel victimized ever again. No,there's too much banning going on already with Big Government. Lets just take a break from rushing to ban everything. That's not what our country is about.

hey... isn't that the libertarian way? everything is cool unless you infringe upon other people's rights. well.... the gas guzzlers are increasing gas consumption, thereby raising the price/gallon, which in turn I have to also pay for.

Last edited:

So then, isn't banning drilling in ANWR and the Gulf of Mexico stepping on your rights since that also drives up the price of gasoline?

When did paying a certain price for a commodity become a right?

Wow... I've heard from "Conservatives" that it was Obama that banned the bulb.

But hey... you know what? personally? I'd rather buy a 24 watt CFL and get the same light as a 100 watt Incandescent.... silly me... I like to save money AND see in the dark.

No one is stopping you from buying any light bulb you want to buy. However, a bunch of fascist turds like you are stopping the rest of us from buying what we want to buy.

The fascist/liberal conception of freedom is "the right to do whatever liberals tell you to do."

funny... I don't give a shit what kind of lightbulb you buy. I don't think I've ever said I was for or against banning them. I just think it's a stupid fucking line in the sand to draw and only further emphasizes the craziness of the right.

you ever hear of "choosing your battles"?

So then, isn't banning drilling in ANWR and the Gulf of Mexico stepping on your rights since that also drives up the price of gasoline?

When did paying a certain price for a commodity become a right?

Hey... your driving up the cost of my bandwidth... stop posting.

I think they should ban all books too. After all,there has to be things in books that offend some of our Citizens no?

hey... isn't that the libertarian way? everything is cool unless you infringe upon other people's rights. well.... the gas guzzlers are increasing gas consumption, thereby raising the price/gallon, which in turn I have to also pay for.

No you dont. You can walk, or take a bus. or grow your own corn to make ethanol and fuel your custom made ethanol burining car.

Me using a 100 watt bulb, or driving a 1MPG car does nothing to infringe on your rights.
It just seemingly makes you all butthurt about it.

Books don't cost one person money because of the excesses of another.

Actually by your logic, it does. If a person owns alot of books, then they drive up the cost of paper, which therefore affects the price you pay for books yourself.

This is the same "logic" you use with regards to gas guzzlers, thus showing the fallacy of such line of thought.

No you dont. You can walk, or take a bus. or grow your own corn to make ethanol and fuel your custom made ethanol burining car.

Me using a 100 watt bulb, or driving a 1MPG car does nothing to infringe on your rights.
It just seemingly makes you all butthurt about it.

Doesn't it? If people who drive SUV's and the like raise the consumption of gasoline nationally, they are driving up the cost that EVERYONE has to pay. Man... the oil lobby must love you.

Books don't cost one person money because of the excesses of another.

Actually by your logic, it does. If a person owns alot of books, then they drive up the cost of paper, which therefore affects the price you pay for books yourself.

This is the same "logic" you use with regards to gas guzzlers, thus showing the fallacy of such line of thought.

one difference... paper is cheap. Not only that.. but more paper gets wasted in junk mail than in the making of books... I propose we ban junk mail... that could be something we all could get behind.

Forum List

Back