Grass eating dogs

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
As some of you know I got two new Boxer pups several weeks ago.
To say they've been a challenge is an understatement but it was expected after raising six Boxers over the years.....but this is the first time we've had two new pups.
The advantage of having a trained dog to guide the new pup is invaluable which I kinda knew was going to be a problem.

Having said that the greatest challenge has been getting them to stop eating my newly sodded St Augustine yard.

The little bastards would tear up two x three sections and eat the runners.

So in desperation I hit the internet....
Low and behold they have a product called Barely Dog!! One teaspoon mixed with their food twice a day is all it takes!

The pups stopped eating my grass and they stopped eating every leaf that blew by on day three and have shown no interest in grass ever since.

Highly recommend whether you have pups or adult dogs that eat grass!!!

OH! The dogs are eating the grass... Your thread title... I thought I might have to keep an extra eye on Jake and Elwood here to make sure the grass didn't eat them...

LSD does that, just sayn. Have you checked your sock drawer or are they sitting catatonic in a corner listening to heavy metal?

I've heard of dogs eating grass when they were sick, but I never knew puppies to just do it because they were puppies.

I wish eating grass was the only problem with our boxer puppy (well, at around 7 months, he's not exactly a puppy anymore). Little bastard tries to eat almost everything. He'll chew open and eat the stuffing out of his own dog bed.

Thankfully for both of us, he hasn't tried to eat anything on my computers. :p

Make sure you are giving them garbage dog food

The little shits get 65 bucks a bag dog food.

Yes, keeping healthy animals isn’t cheap.

You have no idea what we've spent on the little shits since we got them.
A $1000 a pup...then came the poisoning from the sago palms that we told the gardener to get rid of since they were poison to dogs. $2500.00 dollars later we have a new gardener.
Than the male Christopher Gadsden came down with parvo,the timing of which coincided perfectly with the gestation period in which he was in the hospital for the sago poisoning.
$3500.00 dollars later he was home but we had to quarantine him from the female pup Betsy Ross for two months so she wouldnt end up with parvo.
That was another $500.00 in kennels set up in the living room and dining room to keep them separated as parvo is extremely contagious.

The months of training lost is going to be an absolute BITCH!!!
I'm in fact considering shock collars for the first time in my life to make up for the lost training during their informative months.

....if I could beat the beaner who didnt listen to me without jail time I would.

Forum List

Back