Grand solar minimum and global warming

So you don't like using science to predict the future and how things might turn out? Why post insults???

Personally I like you enthusiasm but your predictions are predicated on realistic temperature trends.

Out of curiosity, have you perused any of the skeptic blogs? They reason things out in the same fashion as you do and I think you may find them very interesting and a source of a lot of information. Check out 'Watts up with that' and read todays article on Nuuk, and tell me if you like it.

Anthony Watts is an undegreed retired TV weatherman. If one wants real science information you do not go to snake oil salesmen like Watts. You go to peer reviewed scientific journals.

I am serious about getting your opinion about the article on Nuuk.
Watts Up With Nuuk? | Watts Up With That?

It describes some problems in one reporting station but there are many many other stations with similar problems. Please enlighten me as to how what he says is propaganda. The only thing I say that was overtly prejudicial was the plane directing propwash at the temperature station but that was a google map picture that he had no control over.

Personally I like you enthusiasm but your predictions are predicated on realistic temperature trends.

Out of curiosity, have you perused any of the skeptic blogs? They reason things out in the same fashion as you do and I think you may find them very interesting and a source of a lot of information. Check out 'Watts up with that' and read todays article on Nuuk, and tell me if you like it.

Anthony Watts is an undegreed retired TV weatherman. If one wants real science information you do not go to snake oil salesmen like Watts. You go to peer reviewed scientific journals.

It describes some problems in one reporting station but there are many many other stations with similar problems. Please enlighten me as to how what he says is propaganda. The only thing I say that was overtly prejudicial was the plane directing propwash at the temperature station but that was a google map picture that he had no control over.

Old Rocks- if you won't read the article on Nuuk, perhaps you could direct me to peer reviewed papers on the deficiencies of temp recording stations and the necessary quality control issues that should be implimented to bring them up to speed.

Old Rocks- if you won't read the article on Nuuk, perhaps you could direct me to peer reviewed papers on the deficiencies of temp recording stations and the necessary quality control issues that should be implimented to bring them up to speed.

Record Events for Sun Sep 26, 2010 through Sat Oct 2, 2010
Total Records: 2671
Rainfall: 807
Snowfall: 6
High Temperatures: 1180
Low Temperatures: 46
Lowest Max Temperatures: 67
Highest Min Temperatures: 565

HAMweather Climate Center - Record High Temperatures for The Past Week - Continental US View

why are you spamming every thread with the same cut and paste? just put your inane posts on your weather threads

why are you spamming every thread with the same cut and paste? just put your inane posts on your weather threads

Because you don't have the balls to admit you are wrong.

So you change the subject and try to make it about paint on weather stations or some bullshit like that.

You really have nothing.

OK. What particular thing are you accusing me of being wrong on, put it down in your own words and I will discuss it with you. no cut and pastes except to specifically buttress your own ideas.

OK. What particular thing are you accusing me of being wrong on, put it down in your own words and I will discuss it with you. no cut and pastes except to specifically buttress your own ideas.

What will be the effect of adding 1,000 billion tons of CO2 to the atmosphere?

The problem with predictions, at present, are the factors that we don't know. Such as feedbacks from clouds, and what kind of feedback will we get from a differant atmospheric circulation pattern.

Thus far, the predictions of the climate scientists have been far too conservative. The Arctic Sea Ice melt, and the melting of the permafrost have both, by far, exceeded the predictions of the climatologists. The precipitation events of the past couple of years have been an unpleasant surprise, with the predicted affect on food crops in various nations, but coming much sooner than it was thought possible only a decade ago.

The problem the alarmists have is they have no handle on anything. They have ignored water vapor because it is too difficult to model. That's why they focus on CO2 because it is easy. Unfortunately for them it also doesn't seem to do what they were hoping.

The problem with predictions, at present, are the factors that we don't know. Such as feedbacks from clouds, and what kind of feedback will we get from a differant atmospheric circulation pattern.

Thus far, the predictions of the climate scientists have been far too conservative. The Arctic Sea Ice melt, and the melting of the permafrost have both, by far, exceeded the predictions of the climatologists. The precipitation events of the past couple of years have been an unpleasant surprise, with the predicted affect on food crops in various nations, but coming much sooner than it was thought possible only a decade ago.

The problem the alarmists have is they have no handle on anything. They have ignored water vapor because it is too difficult to model. That's why they focus on CO2 because it is easy. Unfortunately for them it also doesn't seem to do what they were hoping.

And you have ignored the fact that the hottest year on record has occurred during a grand solar minimum.

did you read that article on Nuuk, westwall? isn't it about time that an accounting firm, or engineering firm was brought into climate science to clean up the books and straighten out the faulty methods for manipulating the data.

Because you don't have the balls to admit you are wrong.

So you change the subject and try to make it about paint on weather stations or some bullshit like that.

You really have nothing.

Your method of argument is laughable. Why is it again that you have a ZERO rep? Some shenanigans there Chris?

It doesn't take a PhD to make sure temperature records are taken or recorded correctly.

And you have ignored the fact that the hottest year on record has occurred during a grand solar minimum.

It's only the hottest year with corrected figures Chris. To a fundamentalist fanatic like yourself those are OK. But to the thinking public that makes them unusable and false.

did you read that article on Nuuk, westwall? isn't it about time that an accounting firm, or engineering firm was brought into climate science to clean up the books and straighten out the faulty methods for manipulating the data.

I would love to see a real analysis done on all of the methodologies they have been using. A forensic accountant needs to go through everything with a fine toothed comb and then criminal indictments need to go out. This is fraud on a grand scale.

I would love to see a real analysis done on all of the methodologies they have been using. A forensic accountant needs to go through everything with a fine toothed comb and then criminal indictments need to go out. This is fraud on a grand scale.

I usually blame incompetence before malfeaseance but Hansen and a few others should be raked over the coals by someone willing to actually address the issues.

I usually blame incompetence before malfeaseance but Hansen and a few others should be raked over the coals by someone willing to actually address the issues.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. This became a case of malfeaseance a long time ago however. A very long time ago.

This is almost humorous.

The melting pole, the incredible heat wave in Russia, the hottest year on record in Japan, Australia, the U.S., Portugal,etc...

And all you can do is attack scientists for it?

It's pathetic really.

This is almost humorous.

The melting pole, the incredible heat wave in Russia, the hottest year on record in Japan, Australia, the U.S., Portugal,etc...

And all you can do is attack scientists for it?

It's pathetic really.

Once again proving how completely removed from reality you are you present a list of things that were supposedly caused by GW.

So sad for you even your own side says nope.

World Climate Report The Great Russian Heat Wave of 2010 Part II

So much for the Russian heat wave.

The ice levels are higher now than two years ago and overall there is more ice worldwide than in 1980.

Record heat but only with altered temperature readings.:lol::lol::lol: You're a riot man! Stephen Colbert would absolutely love you! You are the veritable definition of truthiness!:lol::lol:

Attachments

• $cryo_compare 2.jpg
    $cryo_compare 2.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 81
So you don't like using science to predict the future and how things might turn out? Why post insults???

Did you get a chance to read the article Matthew? Watts Up With Nuuk? | Watts Up With That?

Forum List

Back