Grampa Murked U here

I am waiting approval for my name change and wanted to let everyone know the new name I settled on. Let all the trolls know so they can continue following me for new material 😆

I chose Remodeling Maidiac because it better reflects the things I enjoy most.

I love my job & BandMaid is my favorite band.

View attachment 598719

That's a nice tub. Looks nice and deep. No way I could stretch my legs out in it, though. Seems like they never get it exactly right when they make stuff like that. Everything's built for short folk these days.

Anyway, you do good work.

I'll probably never quit calling you gramps, though, sorry. That's just who I know you as.

Last edited:
Ya know the honeymoon is over when you're in the bathroom brushing your teeth and the bride comes in and takes a stinkin' crap.

Growing up in the country with a one holer.

1644366108627.png

I am waiting approval for my name change and wanted to let everyone know the new name I settled on. Let all the trolls know so they can continue following me for new material 😆

View attachment 598719View attachment 598720
Welcome to USMB, Remodeling Maidiac. Hope you enjoy the board under your new moniker.

Totally agree.
There may be pain, overwhelming stench and some tears. I can't have anyone in there.
It's actually for their own safety.

I will never forget way up north in a small cafe on the shores of Lake of the Woods, MN, walked into the rest room and one guy was taking a dump while his buddies hung on each side of the open stall talking about ice fishing.

All I could think of was Fargo.
What a horrifying mental image! :omg:

View attachment 598719View attachment 598720
Dayum, you don't mess around! Are those marble tiles on the floor?

I remember the first tiem I discovered bidets.

It was in an upscale hotel.

I was like wooooo hoooooooooooo...........

That bathroom is ugly as hell but I can certainly appreciate the amount of time and effort that went into making it look that way.

Being able to do that stuff is an art. You have a gift. I grew up watching Bob Vila, literally I remember taking notes in one of my 3rd grade notebooks watching one of his shows one weekend with my dad. I would have been about 8 and that would have been in 1988. I think the show was called This old house.

My dad built a house on a lake by himself, designed and built from the ground up, on the side of a hill. It's a simple A frame 2 story home, but I always thought it was amazing as he was self taught by watching shows like Bob Vila and reading books and such. Long before home computers or the internet existed.

I was the only kid in first grade that knew how to string a level and read it so my dad could set the pylons for the base of the house. Crazy stuff. I remember in grade school the lesson on how to read a ruler. I'm thinking to myself 2 years ago I was reading a 100 foot tape measure and squaring a house foundation with my dad. He showed me how to do that, and instead of treating me like an annoying kid slowing him down, treating me like a true helper and actually taught me how to really help him. How about taking measurements to square the foundation of a house from a 6 year old and trusting him to be right? That's a hell of a feeling for a 6 year old kid.

How many 2nd graders could tell their teachers that walls were made 16 inches on center, with a bottom and top plate using 2x4's for studs? LOL I could. :auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:
That bathroom is ugly as hell but I can certainly appreciate the amount of time and effort that went into making it look that way.

Being able to do that stuff is an art. You have a gift. I grew up watching Bob Vila, literally I remember taking notes in one of my 3rd grade notebooks watching one of his shows one weekend with my dad. I would have been about 8 and that would have been in 1988. I think the show was called This old house.

My dad built a house on a lake by himself, designed and built from the ground up, on the side of a hill. It's a simple A frame 2 story home, but I always thought it was amazing as he was self taught by watching shows like Bob Vila and reading books and such. Long before home computers or the internet existed.

I was the only kid in first grade that knew how to string a level and read it so my dad could set the pylons for the base of the house. Crazy stuff. I remember in grade school the lesson on how to read a ruler. I'm thinking to myself 2 years ago I was reading a 100 foot tape measure and squaring a house foundation with my dad. He showed me how to do that, and instead of treating me like an annoying kid slowing him down, treating me like a true helper and actually taught me how to really help him. How about taking measurements to square the foundation of a house from a 6 year old and trusting him to be right? That's a hell of a feeling for a 6 year old kid.

How many 2nd graders could tell their teachers that walls were made 16 inches on center, with a bottom and top plate using 2x4's for studs? LOL I could. :auiqs.jpg:
Yeah I watched that show and the joy of painting as a child on Sundays.

Yeah I watched that show and the joy of painting as a child on Sundays.

With Bob's happy little trees and happy mistakes I thought life was pretty good back then.

I also grew up watching Mr Rogers. I thought it was a little cheesy but later on realized how many kids that man helped and how he is the one that fought for better programming on television for children. If you notice he NEVER spoke down to children and always treated them with respect. He even talked about then very controversial topics with his young audience, things like assassination after the attempt to kill Reagan. That's pretty deep. He also had children on his program with disabilities in wheelchairs and such, to teach other kids that it's ok to be different and that all kids needed friends.

Mister Rogers is the reason I befriended a disabled kid in elementary school named Troy and gave up my recesses with my friends to do things with him so he didn't feel left out. This was in the late 80s and early 90swhen kids were mean and teasing was rampant. He was also the reason I got into my first fight at school, after some kid was teasing him calling him limp 4 eyes. I told him you say that to him again I'll remove your front teeth. He did, and I kept my promise. Nobody ever picked on that kid again.

By junior high I was known as the non-nerd that hung out with the disabled kids. All because of Mr Rogers. By the end of middle and into high school kids grew up and nobody teased anyone anymore. That kid went to another school anyway so I never saw him again.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back