Grammy

IsaacNewton

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2015
The songs were horrendous except for a couple. Gwen Stephanie's song was pretty good. The rest are just all the same lame 'boys to men' or 'Mariah Carey' knockoffs. That is about all pop music is these days. The singers still have good voices but the arrangements and lyrics are terrible.

I guess songs that an 11 year old girl will listen to is what rules the day now. No musicians, just people that don't really sing, the are cartoons of singers. Pop music is so corporate now it is like listening to one type of song with 20 different people singing it.

The country music hasn't changed much either. Same old. Creativity has taken a holiday.

Damn shame is all I will say. I listen to music from the 60's, 70's and 80's in it just seems that this new generation doesn't give a damn about quality music anymore. :( Sad.

I see many comments on youtube for songs from the 60-70-80s and the younger generation also wonders why music was so much better 20-30+ years ago and more.

I am not sure that the comparison is fair.Those eras had their fair share of crap as well but they tend to fade away as time marches on. The last decade has been very grim though.
The good news though is that there is so much good stuff that you probably have never heard of that you need not waste time listening to Ed fucking Sheeran and co.

I am not sure that the comparison is fair.Those eras had their fair share of crap as well but they tend to fade away as time marches on. The last decade has been very grim though.
The good news though is that there is so much good stuff that you probably have never heard of that you need not waste time listening to Ed fucking Sheeran and co.

As I said I do think there are good singers now just as before, but the arrangements and singing styles are so ubiquitous because the corporate structure makes it that way. It has been like that to a degree, even long ago, but now its the gold standard. Even Adele who is a true musical talent is forced into bizarre arrangements that are far too complicated for pop music. And almost every singer does the Mariah Carey up and down note progressions throughout every song. It was new and effective 20 years ago and is her signature. Now its done every time the National Anthem is sung and its just sadly comical.

These people think they are being original when the opposite is true.

The 3:02 mark here is when I fell apart.

God bless you and the family of my newest favorite always!!!

Holly

P.S. I thank the Grammy award show powers that be so much for letting us hear him sing "Down In The Boondocks".

Ive got a theory that creative people are no longer attracted to music and the other arts. They are more likely to be developing an app.

Ive got a theory that creative people are no longer attracted to music and the other arts. They are more likely to be developing an app.

Well I think there are talented singers still, it is just the form the music has taken is so the same for so many singers. and its easy to say 'well you just don't like new music'. I'm a musician, a guitarist, so I like all music if done well.

Its just how many times can you hear the same Justin Bieber song which sounds just like every Boys to Men song ever made. Yet it is heralded as 'new'. Same with West. They have a forumula that makes money and they don't stray from it.

Forum List

Back