Government Worker Pensions - $998K per year for one person?

Sorry bout that,

1. Paying anyone 1m a year is insanity, but it is California isn't it.
2. Its payola on steroids.
3. Obviously the fire chief is way over paid in his job in the first place, that job should be less than 125k a year, if he gets more than that thats *CALIFORNIA*,.......*crazy*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Public sector employee pension obligations are a nationwide problem, bub.

I'm using CA as an example.

It's the nature of the system. It is full of loopholes allowed by politicians who buy votes...and exploited by public employees with severe entitlement attitudes.

Nice, when it's working people they have severe entitlement attitudes but when it is some CEO exiting a company they ran into the ground with a compensation package that looks like a lottery jackpot it's just fine. That shit cost the economy far more than any pension plan ever could but trying to claw back that grandest of thefts is met with protests of ironclad contracts and lawyers.

That is complete and utter nonsense.

The compensation of public company CEOs is largely via stock options.

The $Ts of unfunded public employee pension benefits dwarf such compensation...and come out of the pocket book of workers who earn far less.

The actions of the large financial institutions are largely responsible for this mess as they sold worthless shit to pension plans all over the country with no threat of negative personal consequences for anyone involved in the flim-flams. Once again the conservative view is that working people should take the brunt of the banking industry's theft and hold them blameless. If it were possible for you to see the banking/investment industry for what it is then you would have no objection to anything I said.

So you don't understand the money system in America and who controls it...Well, could have just started off with that.

Nice, when it's working people they have severe entitlement attitudes but when it is some CEO exiting a company they ran into the ground with a compensation package that looks like a lottery jackpot it's just fine. That shit cost the economy far more than any pension plan ever could but trying to claw back that grandest of thefts is met with protests of ironclad contracts and lawyers.

That is complete and utter nonsense.

The compensation of public company CEOs is largely via stock options.

The $Ts of unfunded public employee pension benefits dwarf such compensation...and come out of the pocket book of workers who earn far less.

The actions of the large financial institutions are largely responsible for this mess as they sold worthless shit to pension plans all over the country with no threat of negative personal consequences for anyone involved in the flim-flams. Once again the conservative view is that working people should take the brunt of the banking industry's theft and hold them blameless. If it were possible for you to see the banking/investment industry for what it is then you would have no objection to anything I said.

Where on earth do you come up with this nonsense?

The limited government view is that the government should neither print nor funnel taxpayer money for the benefit of any business, including Bankers.

Old people suck what with all their stubborn refusal to die the day after retirement and their selfish demand that contracts be honored.

What ya gonna do when the money runs out?

We have a Sheriff here in So Cal that retired 7 years ago and will be a millionaire in 2020. Wake Up Progressives!

Seems excessive. If his benefits were the only issue here I would wonder at why anyone would sign such a deal and bring up the possibility of corruption. Using his atypical example to demonize the entire system is disingenuous as most pensioners have a relatively meager pension and depend on it for survival.

It's the nature of the system. It is full of loopholes allowed by politicians who buy votes...and exploited by public employees with severe entitlement attitudes.

Who said the right said that was "fine".

In fact, it is the government that helps insulate some of these schmucks from the retribution the deserve.

I recall the woman who destroyed Matel, Jill Barad, who ran the company into the ground and then recieved something like 50 million in a golden parachute.

I AM NOT FINE WITH THAT AT ALL.

In fact, the whole compensation for CEO's is something that is corrupt and pisses me off.

Who said the right said that was "fine".

In fact, it is the government that helps insulate some of these schmucks from the retribution the deserve.

I recall the woman who destroyed Matel, Jill Barad, who ran the company into the ground and then recieved something like 50 million in a golden parachute.

I AM NOT FINE WITH THAT AT ALL.

In fact, the whole compensation for CEO's is something that is corrupt and pisses me off.

That's good, it's the right attitude, too bad the GOP does not share it. It's one of the admirable reasons the tea party was originally founded but now it is difficult to find any of them that can even remember (or admit) what pissed them off to begin with.

That's because the original tea party was the Ron Paul campaign. All the intelligent folks bailed when it got co-opted by republicans to keep libertarians from gaining any traction.

Forum List

Back