Government tells Americans to stop eating cookie dough

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
The problem with the Nanny Guberment. They suck the joy out of your life one step at a time. Merry Christmas from your Wonderful MASTERS..:rolleyes-41:

SNIP:
The U.S. Department of Agriculture has issued an order that millions of Americans will likely find impossible to carry out: stop eating raw cookie dough.
“Avoid raw or partially cooked eggs or foods containing raw eggs, such as cookie dough,”

USDA advised in an email over the weekend.

Mission: Impossible — The government has said people need to stop eating cookie dough.

Carrying out that simple 15-word recommendation would radically change millions of lives, from families who routinely bake cookies and invite the kids to scoop batter out of the bowl, to people who scarf down pre-packaged cookie dough, to everyone who eats cookie dough found in ice cream.

Simply put, it’s not immediately clear that America is ready to take on USDA’s mission. But it’s also unclear if it’s necessary — there is something of a debate over whether it’s safe to eat cookie dough, or whether the risk of getting salmonella from raw eggs is too high.
Some, likeFoodBeast.com, say it’s “actually really hard to get salmonella from eggs.” The site has an article up noting that bakers routinely eat batter and never get sick, and say the trick is in making sure the eggs are refrigerated.

And cookie dough found in ice cream is pasteurized, making it safe to eat, according to various online food experts.

But many still note the danger, and the 2009 recall of raw dough from Nestle that got dozens of people sick from E. coli. A Las Vegas motherdied in 2013of E. coli after eating raw cookie dough.

EatRight.Org, a group of food and nutritional professionals, sides with USDA, and says people must “resist the cookie dough temptation.”

all of it here:
Government tells Americans to stop eating cookie dough TheBlaze.com

Your TAX DOLLARS hard at work. g-d help us all from this oppressive nanny state Federal Government.

one of the comments with the article:

snip:
Not surprised one bit that the Government came out with this “recommendation”….expect more in the future. And soon it will not be just a “recommendation”, it will be a requirement. Once Government controls your healthcare, they control YOU and your behavior.
Think about it this way, for all of you who have children. How many of you have said, “As long as you live in my house, and I am paying the bills, you will do as I say.”?
Take that to a National Level.

obungle will have his army of black thugs come and steal your cookie dough.

one of the comments with the article:

snip:
Not surprised one bit that the Government came out with this “recommendation”….expect more in the future. And soon it will not be just a “recommendation”, it will be a requirement. Once Government controls your healthcare, they control YOU and your behavior.
Think about it this way, for all of you who have children. How many of you have said, “As long as you live in my house, and I am paying the bills, you will do as I say.”?
Take that to a National Level.
Remind me to have the government come over and spank some common sense into you. Your mom was obviously laying down on the job.

GOVT: It's a bad idea to run with scissors.

STEPH: Nanny state!

GOVT: Don't point a loaded gun at your kids.

STEPH: Pretty soon it won't be a recommendation. It will be a requirement!

Seems like the govt should shut up.

Yeah that damn government, always telling you things that could save your life. How you must hate that. Who were you people raised by, wolves?

Yeah that damn government, always telling you things that could save your life. How you must hate that. Who were you people raised by, wolves?
The government doesn't recommend being raised by wolves.

Forum List

Back