Government intrustion into my life

Here's a brief synopsis of how government intruded on my life today...

Today I woke up in the bed I chose to build in the house I chose to buy next to my wife I chose to marry and the infant we chose to create. Then I ate the breakfast I chose to eat and got into the car I chose to purchase.

I then used the government funded highway system

to get to the job I mutually chose to have with my boss, and chose the route by which to get there. Upon arrival, I parked in accordance with the parking plan I chose to buy. For lunch I was able to choose from a variety of options that the private industry chose to provide me. Now I'm about to get back in the car I chose to buy and

drive, on the roads paid for by government,

to the house I chose to buy where the wife I chose to marry will be there with the kid we chose to have, along with the two dogs we chose to keep and the two cats, who because they chose to piss inside too much, we chose to make into outside cats, in the neighorhood we chose to live in. We'll eat the dinner we choose to eat and then go to sleep at the time we choose to sleep - that is, until our infant chooses to wake our asses up.

All I gotta say is FUCK YOU BIG GOVERNMENT for INTRUDING into my LIFE with all these fucking HIGHWAYS AND ROADS!

The only way we can make government smaller is to take out the freeways and replace them with ox cart trails!

Today I woke up in the bed I chose to build in the house I chose to buy next to my wife I chose to marry and the infant we chose to create. Then I ate the breakfast I chose to eat and got into the car I chose to purchase.

to get to the job I mutually chose to have with my boss, and chose the route by which to get there. Upon arrival, I parked in accordance with the parking plan I chose to buy. For lunch I was able to choose from a variety of options that the private industry chose to provide me. Now I'm about to get back in the car I chose to buy and

to the house I chose to buy where the wife I chose to marry will be there with the kid we chose to have, along with the two dogs we chose to keep and the two cats, who because they chose to piss inside too much, we chose to make into outside cats, in the neighorhood we chose to live in. We'll eat the dinner we choose to eat and then go to sleep at the time we choose to sleep - that is, until our infant chooses to wake our asses up.

All I gotta say is FUCK YOU BIG GOVERNMENT for INTRUDING into my LIFE with all these fucking HIGHWAYS AND ROADS!

The only way we can make government smaller is to take out the freeways and replace them with ox cart trails!
That isnt realistic.

The government itself states they have 300 to 400 billion in annual redundant services.....

The roads and highways were paid for by American workers & businesses, who pay taxes. Without that, there would be no money for Government to build the roads and Highways. :eusa_whistle:

I'm not really that concerned with the size of government, so much as the scope and reach. It's ironic that advocates of democracy don't seem to understand that what makes democracy sustainable is clear, dependable limits on government power. Without those limits, the minority has everything to lose, and can't willingly acquiesce to opposition leadership. That's the key reason we have such a bitterly divided electorate. When government is unlimited in what it can do for the majority, it is unlimited in what it can do to the minority - and that's a terrifying prospect if you don't happen to be in the majority. In pluralistic society, this is unstable and can't last long.

You are very lucky.

At any moment the government could take your house so they could make a road for someone else and put you out on the street and you could do nothing about it. In California some cities (goiing statewide) the government could take your house because the state can sell your mortgage and make money off the sale.

You have dogs and cats ONLY because the government has not mandated a breed restriction where you live and your dogs aren't the breed targeted for extermination. You are able to choose the food you eat only because the government hasn't yet implemented the laws necessary to make that choice for you. Try fois de gras, you can't choose to eat that any more.

In short, you are grateful for anything the government still LET'S you have.

Uh...just so you know, there are MANY of us who can conduct our day in EXACTLY the same manner and NEVER drive over a FEDERALLY funded road!

AND...just so ya know, not ALL roads were federally funded. As a matter of fact...MOST of the modern highway system was not. Most roads were built on an AS NEEDED basis by local or state governments. They were usually wagon trails that were expanded to gravel roads and then paved highways over the years. These roads are generally approved by referendum by the people who would be using them. That process is STILL happening all over this country today.

The majority of the FEDERAL highway system was a result of a progressive numbskull known as FDR and the New Deal. And MANY of those roads are in a constant state of disrepair because they were arbitrarily laid out by bureaucrats, unneeded by the states they were built in and are impossible for state and local tax base to provide the funding it takes to maintain.

When federal bureaucrats are in charge of building roads...you get the BRIDGE TO NOWHERE!!!

I got a suggestion. If the Fed would stop stealing a dollar and sending .01 of a cent back to the states...we'll build and fix our own damn roads!!!!

US Constitution, Article 1, Section 8 Powers of Congress---clause 7 "To establish Post Offices and Post Roads;"

That's the road between the post offices. This country was not born with a mailbox in front of every house!

Last edited:
The expectation of government has gone from the being the steward of the People's money and efficiently providing common services, to a battle of ideologies. The production class vs. the dependency class. One is tired of being asked to do more and the other expects the government to be their provider. As the expectations grow, so grows the government. It is a generational thing. Much like a family business.

??? Its the opposite.

The dependency class - the wealthy class who depend on the workers to do all the work for them - actually want government to be smaller. This is because government gets in their way of exploitation of the masses.

The other side - the productive class, the people that build the cars, mill the paper, transport goods from one side of the nation to the other - expect government to step in and keep the wealthy dependency class in line.

So it's the license that keeps Pit bulls from eating kids? I thought it was fences and leashes and muzzles provided by conscientious owners.

The problem I have with roads is we stopped building them here and started building them in Afghanistan and Iraq while ours crumble. I would be much happier signing my tax check if I could see some tangible results domestically.

There's road construction all over the place where I live.

You need to get out more...

There are many rural roads that are dirt or gravel still.

You wanna talk about paving gravel and dirt roads in my state - historically - Governor Huey Long comes to mind, and he's not a conservative.

My point is we are giving money to foreign countries when we could use it at home.
Less than 0.5% of the budget goes to foreign aid, and most of that winds up enriching the Haliburtons of the world anyway - entirely in line with what our wealthy owners want.

Ideally the government would just let us have all the money we earn like the Founders intended though.
The Founders intent is superceded by the 16th amendment. They did not intend we not pay an income tax if 2/3 of Congress and 3/4 of the states wanted an income tax. Its called an amendment. You should check it out.

The roads and highways were paid for by American workers & businesses, who pay taxes. Without that, there would be no money for Government to build the roads and Highways. :eusa_whistle:

Thanks Mr. Obvious.

Uh...just so you know, there are MANY of us who can conduct our day in EXACTLY the same manner and NEVER drive over a FEDERALLY funded road!

AND...just so ya know, not ALL roads were federally funded. As a matter of fact...MOST of the modern highway system was not. Most roads were built on an AS NEEDED basis by local or state governments. They were usually wagon trails that were expanded to gravel roads and then paved highways over the years. These roads are generally approved by referendum by the people who would be using them. That process is STILL happening all over this country today.

All road and highways link into - and hence benefit from - the interstate highway system. Would the exclusively local funded roads in your town be worth as much if you couldn't actually get to the interstate from them? Would be kinda hard to ship anything into or out of the town by road.

The majority of the FEDERAL highway system was a result of a progressive numbskull known as FDR and the New Deal.

The intestate highway system began under - and was supported - by republican Dwight D. Eisenhower, you ignoramous. Hence the name: "Dwight D. Eisenhower National System of Interstate and Defense Highways"

And MANY of those roads are in a constant state of disrepair because they were arbitrarily laid out by bureaucrats, unneeded by the states they were built in and are impossible for state and local tax base to provide the funding it takes to maintain.

we actually have the one of the best highway systems in the world.

When federal bureaucrats are in charge of building roads...you get the BRIDGE TO NOWHERE!!!

I got a suggestion. If the Fed would stop stealing a dollar and sending .01 of a cent back to the states...we'll build and fix our own damn roads!!!!

US Constitution, Article 1, Section 8 Powers of Congress---clause 7 "To establish Post Offices and Post Roads;"

That's the road between the post offices. This country was not born with a mailbox in front of every house!

Post roads? I'm sure that by "post roads" the Founders meant the intestate highway system. Clearly its primary use is postal.

Last edited:

drive, on the roads paid for by government

Did they? Where did government get the funding exactly?

Tell you what, read the preamble to the Constitution and make a guess.

Not sure what that has to do with where the money came from, so I'll give you the 411. Government got most of the money from rich bastards and evil corporations. So we paid for the roads, gave you a job, and then you say ... we ... should thank ... you.

Pass, but I will say "you're welcome." As for your ingratitude, I was never in it for that anyway so you can live your life in selfish denial and if you don't suck as an employee I'll give you a job anyway. Well, or someone like me will.

This is like the photo negative of that liberal one which explains how he eats food regulated by the FDA, drives a car with federally mandated seat belts, works at a job regulated by federal safety regulations and labor laws, and so forth.

It sounds stupid both ways.

You men you would choose to eat impure foods and work in an unsafe place? You wanna drive without seat belts be my guest.

I was simply pointing out the false premise of the OP. He was pretending the government does not intrude into our lives much when it most certainly does.

And your response is a false dilemma to boot!

Last edited:
All road and highways link into - and hence benefit from - the interstate highway system. Would the exclusively local funded roads in your town be worth as much if you couldn't actually get to the interstate from them? Would be kinda hard to ship anything into or out of the town by road.

The intestate highway system began under - and was supported - by republican Dwight D. Eisenhower, you ignoramous. Hence the name: "Dwight D. Eisenhower National System of Interstate and Defense Highways"

we actually have the one of the best highway systems in the world.

Post roads? I'm sure that by "post roads" the Founders meant the intestate highway system. Clearly its primary use is postal.

My GOD you are a clueless. It is amazing some of you can function in a civilized society.

Eisenhower won election by beating New DEAL democrat, Stevenson and vowing to END the new deal insanity when EVERYONE...but the American people thought he couldn't!

HE...reorganized and renamed the new deal highway insanity and turned it into a system intended to support and connect military installations and infrastructure for the movement of troops, personnel and war goods efficiently across the country in times of war. Up till then, the New Deal system was just a helter skelter program that spent money randomly to buy votes for the democrat party under the guise of common good.

Of COURSE it was renamed after him. He turned it from a democrat slush fund into a program of ACTUAL NEED...provide for the common defense!

NOT surprising since he was a former transportation officer and solider in the US Army!

But it was only PART of the highway system and it started with FDR and the New Deal...google it!

By the way, it might interest you to know that according to our wonderful Transportation Department, only 25% of all miles driven by Americans each year are ACTUALLY ON THAT 41,000 MILES OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAYS!

So, that means that EVERYONE...including big government, liberal loons drive 75% of the time on roads the federal government DID NOT BUILD!!!!

It might also interest you to know that with TYPICAL GOVERNMENT EFFICIENCY, the original 10 year, 25 billion dollar project to build 41,000 miles of roads ACTUALLY took more than 35 years and cost more than 450 BILLION dollars to build.

DUMB ASSES!!!

Did they? Where did government get the funding exactly?

Tell you what, read the preamble to the Constitution and make a guess.

Not sure what that has to do with where the money came from

Take a look at the first three words of the Constitution and you'll find out.

so I'll give you the 411. Government got most of the money from rich bastards and evil corporations. So we paid for the roads, gave you a job, and then you say ... we ... should thank ... you.

Actually gasoline taxes pay for most of the federal highways. People pay gasoline taxes roughly in proportion to the amount they actually use the highways. The suggestion that the wealthy pay a wildly disproportionately higher amount for federal highway construction and maintenance is simply not rooted in factual reality.

Pass, but I will say "you're welcome."

Wow. You're saying "your welcome" to me for use taxes that I PAID. That's big of you.

This is like the photo negative of that liberal one which explains how he eats food regulated by the FDA, drives a car with federally mandated seat belts, works at a job regulated by federal safety regulations and labor laws, and so forth.

It sounds stupid both ways.

You men you would choose to eat impure foods and work in an unsafe place? You wanna drive without seat belts be my guest.

I was simply pointing out the false premise of the OP. He was pretending the government does not intrude into our lives much when it most certainly does.

I wasn't "pretending" anything. If I was you'd be able to tell me what government intrusion into my daily life I left out.

By the way, it might interest you to know that according to our wonderful Transportation Department, only 25% of all miles driven by Americans each year are ACTUALLY ON THAT 41,000 MILES OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAYS!

Wow "only" 25%.
So, that means that EVERYONE...including big government, liberal loons drive 75% of the time on roads the federal government DID NOT BUILD!!!!

Great. So next time you need to get somewhere and it requires you spend 25% of your trip on federally funded highways - just skip that part - see if you get there.

It might also interest you to know that with TYPICAL GOVERNMENT EFFICIENCY, the original 10 year, 25 billion dollar project to build 41,000 miles of roads ACTUALLY took more than 35 years and cost more than 450 BILLION dollars to build.

DUMB ASSES!!!
Here - let me pull some numbers out of my ass.

Last edited:

I wasn't "pretending" anything. If I was you'd be able to tell me what government intrusion into my daily life I left out.

Challenge accepted!

Today I woke up in the bed I chose

"DO NOT REMOVE THIS TAG UNDER PENALTY OF LAW"

to build in the house I chose to buy

Construction Codes, International Building Code, Uniform Construction Code

next to my wife I chose to marry

Tax Withholding Tables
The new law extended the 10 percent rate to cover the first $7,000 of taxable income for single persons, $14,000 for married couples.

and the infant we chose to create.

The Child Tax Credit: 11 Key Points

Child Seats: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

Child Passenger Safety Laws

Then I ate the breakfast I chose to eat

U S Food and Drug Administration Home Page

and got into the car I chose to purchase.

Vehicle Emission Rules to Tighten

National Highway Traffic Safety Administration CAFE Standards

National Maximum Speed Law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

to get to the job I mutually chose to have with my boss,
How Obamacare's Employer Mandate Affects Small Biz

2011 Report to Congress on the Benefits and Costs of Federal Regulations

and chose the route by which to get there.

No. The government chose where the roads go. Ever hear of eminent domain?

Kelo v. City of New London - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Challenge accepted!

"DO NOT REMOVE THIS TAG UNDER PENALTY OF LAW"

The tags actually read: "This tag may not be removed except by the consumer." I'm the consumer, aren't I? what are you, a fucking moron? Do you ever find yourself waiting for stop signs to turn green and say "Go"?

Forum List

Back