Gov. Gary Johnson could cost Romney the race

• Banned
Ron Paul never did. Johnson tried running as a republican but the media ignored him and he was refused entry to the debates so he switched to the Libertarian Party. The media didn't want 2 Libertarian minded candidates in the running...hell that would be a nice combo..a Paul/Johnson ticket.

The media didn't ignore Johnson, he just wasn't worth listening to.

In New Mexico at least, Johnson is getting more disaffected democrats than republicans.

Gov. Gary Johnson Could Cost Romney 5 Battleground States, 74 Electoral Votes Needed to Win in 2012 | Libertarian Party

HaHa! bet the republitard party is kicking its self in the ass for screwing Ron Paul supporters over now...get what you deserve assholes...enjoy it...I would love for this to happen. Just love it. :clap2::clap2:

Yeah, and lightning bolts could fly out of my ass too! Actually, I believe I have a better chance of that happening that Gary Johnson having ANY effect on the election. Ryan will cost Romney the battleground states.

Last edited:
  • Banned
If Johnson gets more than 1-2% of the vote, and most of that coming from non-swing states, I will officially register as a DEM

LMAO...I am gonna hold you to that...I wanna see a picture of the registration card lol
The media didn't ignore Johnson, he just wasn't worth listening to.

In New Mexico at least, Johnson is getting more disaffected democrats than republicans.

Yeah..its pretty idiotic to listen to a 2 term governor who had a balanced budget and was a great governor on civil liberties...let's just listen to the fools wanting to run the country farther in to debt...great idea.:lol:

Looks like not listening to him is gonna cost him. The libertarian party might have just nominated a no name person and not even gotten 1% of the vote but the media ignored him and the republican party ignored him and now its gonna cost them. :) I would LOVE to see Ron Paul endorse him...that would help a ton.

Last edited:
Gov. Gary Johnson Could Cost Romney 5 Battleground States, 74 Electoral Votes Needed to Win in 2012 | Libertarian Party

HaHa! bet the republitard party is kicking its self in the ass for screwing Ron Paul supporters over now...get what you deserve assholes...enjoy it...I would love for this to happen. Just love it. :clap2::clap2:

Yeah, and lightning bolts could fly out of my ass too! Actually, I believe I have a better chance of that happening that Gary Johnson having ANY effect on the election. Ryan will cost Romney the battleground states.

We shall see. Just 84 days to go. New Mexico is a swing state and Johnson is taking 13% of the vote there right now...its only bound to increase especially when Paul endorses him...

How much of a factor Johnson has on the outcome is not clear and certainly debatable.

But anyone unwilling to concede that his candidacy hurts Romney more than it hurts Obama is either a liar or a fool.

NM is a pretty big lead for Obamalama at this time... 52-36 with 3% undecided and 9% for 'other candidates'... Those other candidates include, but are not limited to Johnson... and this will be the state he polls best in... 2% would be expected with a +/- 1% error factor nationwide...

This is not a Perot situation, Johnson is not going to be a major factor in this election at all

**Edit**
Your numbers were a little more recent than mine from a poll that I have not heard of before... but from within the poll you cited

PPP also examined the race with Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson in the mix. He
draws 13% of voters, while reducing Obama’s lead further to +4. While among partisan
voters Johnson only takes a significant share of Republicans, he wins 24% of
Independents, eliminating the President’s lead with that group.

Last edited:
NM is a pretty big lead for Obamalama at this time... 52-36 with 3% undecided and 9% for 'other candidates'... Those other candidates include, but are not limited to Johnson... and this will be the state he polls best in... 2% would be expected with a +/- 1% error factor nationwide...

This is not a Perot situation, Johnson is not going to be a major factor in this election at all

People said the same thing about Nader in 2000, right up until he (and the USSC) handed Florida to Bush.

Ron Paul never did. Johnson tried running as a republican but the media ignored him and he was refused entry to the debates so he switched to the Libertarian Party. The media didn't want 2 Libertarian minded candidates in the running...hell that would be a nice combo..a Paul/Johnson ticket.

I like Ron Paul domestically. The thing is...he's a carrer politician just like all the rest. Don't fool yourself.

He would make a great Treasury Secretary.

People said the same thing about Nader in 2000, right up until he (and the USSC) handed Florida to Bush.

Nader pulled less than 2% of the vote (same as what I said with johnson).... You could just as easily say that Harry Browne swayed the election... and the SC did not hand any election to anyone.. the results may have been close, but unless you do only the selective recounts like Gore tried to do, Bush did win in every recount... but everyone already knows that

Last edited:
We haven't had a third party cost a race since Perot - whom I voted for - and we had to impeach the sorry ass who won it.

I learned my lesson. Hope the OP enjoys his Obamacare if his wet dream and waste vote comes true.

New Topics

Forum List

Back