Gov. Brewer: "I misspoke"

When they can't argue the ISSUE, attack the PERSON

If Brewer were not a leader of opposition to fed anti-law enforcement, she wouldn't be the target of so much attention.

The issue is border security and illegal criminality nation-wide.

And the failure of the federal government to defend citizens like the Newark Four.

There is NO LOGICAL DEFENSE for that failure -- therefore, attack the PERSON, in this case Brewer, and thereby reduce support for the opposition to fed policy of deliberate failure.

Same thing happens when the Right attack Obama and the Left jump in with screams of Racism -- make it personal, so the issue itself is buried and lost in all the screams of emotional outrage over personality cults.

The Left CANNOT defend Leftwit policies -- so they go emotionally ballistic in PERSONALITY wars to distract and deflect from their weaknesses.

Personality Cult Deflections: another bit of irrational hyper-emotionalized knee-jerk DEFLECTION to defend indefensible total socio-cultural FAILED POLICIES.

Yeah, yeah ... in order to advance her own agenda she tried to spread fear by with a lie. How dare she get taken to task for that! Good to know you are cool with it, though. The ends justify the means, eh?

And just what are you doing with this post? Uuuummmmm...... Perception based opinions pushing a specific agenda or a real assessment of events and actions?
Just asking.

Examine the reality of the issue behind the attacks on Brewer.

Are she and others insisting on the violence of illegal immigration LYING -- or is the violence real?

Newark NJ was real -- and it's only one of thousands of similar events directly connected to the abuse of Mexican poor enabled by the world's most broken and totally stupid immigration policy.

Brewer is not the issue.

There are two issues relevant to the Brewer screw up:
a) illegal violence itself and how to deal with it
b) corrupt politicians causing damned destructive policies and how to deal with them

Brewer herself is a hiccup in a hurricane -- MANY politicians MAY BE just as false and just as stupid as the Left is claiming -- how then do we stop a COMMON PATTERN?

There is NO EXCUSE for lying. Democrat or Republican or Thirder, either. So, how do we deal with LIARS in public office?

Or, there's the lie itself -- is or is not violence integral to the border crisis? And how do we deal with that crisis and the violence associated with it?

Last edited:
She lied.

Name me a politician who hasn't.

How does that excuse her lie?

"Manipulating" facts, figures and statistics, spreading innuendo, generalizations and stereotypes is the bread and butter of politics. Did she truly lie or just bend the facts to fit the agenda as she perceived her constituents wanted to see it, as all politicians do. It's also human nature to find that which validates our individual paradigm. In this light I also agree with Rhet2.

Yeah, yeah ... in order to advance her own agenda she tried to spread fear by with a lie. How dare she get taken to task for that! Good to know you are cool with it, though. The ends justify the means, eh?

And just what are you doing with this post? Uuuummmmm...... Perception based opinions pushing a specific agenda or a real assessment of events and actions?
Just asking.

Examine the reality of the issue behind the attacks on Brewer.

Are she and others insisting on the violence of illegal immigration LYING -- or is the violence real?

Newark NJ was real -- and it's only one of thousands of similar events directly connected to the abuse of Mexican poor enabled by the world's most broken and totally stupid immigration policy.

Brewer is not the issue.

There are two issues relevant to the Brewer screw up:
a) illegal violence itself and how to deal with it
b) corrupt politicians causing damned destructive policies and how to deal with them

Brewer herself is a hiccup in a hurricane -- MANY politicians MAY BE just as false and just as stupid as the Left is claiming -- how then do we stop a COMMON PATTERN?

There is NO EXCUSE for lying. Democrat or Republican or Thirder, either. So, how do we deal with LIARS in public office?

Or, there's the lie itself -- is or is not violence integral to the border crisis? And how do we deal with that crisis and the violence associated with it?

I know. No one wants to address the real issues, it's a political poison pill, and she is the handy diversion to direct voters wrath at for the time being. It's also useful for her opponents as leverage against her and her supporters in future election battles.

Last edited:
Name me a politician who hasn't.

"Manipulating" facts, figures and statistics, spreading innuendo, generalizations and stereotypes is the bread and butter of politics. Did she truly lie or just bend the facts to fit the agenda as she perceived her constituents wanted to see it, as all politicians do. It's also human nature to find that which validates our individual paradigm. In this light I also agree with Rhet2.

She made up something that wasn't true. She lied.

Okay. I'm (and I assume Rhet) are not making excuses for her. It's called removing the emotive factor and utilizing the analytic to discern the big picture. Or would you rather we emotively rant and rave about a minor side issue distracting from the real issues involved here? Would that make you feel better?

Also, you say she lied, others say she didn't, which is true? Who's perception is the real one or are both perceptions flawed?

Okay. I'm (and I assume Rhet) are not making excuses for her. It's called removing the emotive factor and utilizing the analytic to discern the big picture. Or would you rather we emotively rant and rave about a minor side issue distracting from the real issues involved here? Would that make you feel better?

No, it's called making excuses. She made up something and tried to sluff it off as truth. I would rather you just acknowledge that and move on instead of going on about how "other politicians" do it ... that's making excuses. And in case you missed it, this thread isn't about the "real issue" as you would like to define it ... illegal immigration. This thread is about a politician making up a lie to advance her own agenda, the "real issue" is not germane this thread. The issue could be anything ... it doesn't change her lie.

Also, you say she lied, others say she didn't, which is true? Who's perception is the real one or are both perceptions flawed?

lol ... perception?

Unless someone provides some evidence of a bunch of headless bodies from the Arizona desert she's lying.

Perception :lol:

No, it's called making excuses. She made up something and tried to sluff it off as truth. I would rather you just acknowledge that and move on instead of going on about how "other politicians" do it ... that's making excuses. And in case you missed it, this thread isn't about the "real issue" as you would like to define it ... illegal immigration. This thread is about a politician making up a lie to advance her own agenda, the "real issue" is not germane this thread. The issue could be anything ... it doesn't change her lie.

Okay, you'd be more happy if we agreed with you and ranted and raved. Got it.
icon14.gif

Oh yeah, ya missed this one:
Uuuummmmmmm.... I don't know.

lol ... perception?

Unless someone provides some evidence of a bunch of headless bodies from the Arizona desert she's lying.

Why don't you do an article search about "misspeaking" by public speakers. Believe it or not it's a very common occurrence, so yeah perception. Deflect and deny the possible existence in this situation all you want, laugh at me for trying to be fair and honest simply because it doesn't fit your agenda. Who's being the blind partisan ass, it's not me.

lol ... perception?

Why don't you do an article search about "misspeaking" by public speakers. Believe it or not it's a very common occurrence, so yeah perception. Deflect and deny the possible existence in this situation all you want, laugh at me for trying to be fair and honest simply because it doesn't fit your agenda. Who's being the blind partisan ass, it's not me.

So did she manipulate the facts like you were claiming earlier or did she misspeak like you are claiming now? You are making two different arguments. Pick one.

lol ... perception?

So did she manipulate the facts like you were claiming earlier or did she misspeak like you are claiming now? You are making two different arguments. Pick one.

I wasn't claiming either, it's called possibilities and giving the benefit of the doubt since neither you or I KNOW her actual thought processes.

lol @ you fools who are actually buying this "I misspoke" crap and trying to deflect this to things Obama has said.

Fucking hacks.

She didn't "misspeak" she got caught lying.

People who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones.

Obama didn't 'misspeak' either. He lied. When either side makes an issue of a politician 'misspeaking', they would be best to do so with clean hands.... ie, that their own'side' is not guilty of the same thing.

That's daft. Brewer is a liar and it has nothing to do with whether or not Obama has lied. If you want to talk about Obama allegedly lying, start a thread about it.

lol @ you fools who are actually buying this "I misspoke" crap and trying to deflect this to things Obama has said.

Fucking hacks.

Obama didn't 'misspeak' either. He lied. When either side makes an issue of a politician 'misspeaking', they would be best to do so with clean hands.... ie, that their own'side' is not guilty of the same thing.

That's daft. Brewer is a liar and it has nothing to do with whether or not Obama has lied. If you want to talk about Obama allegedly lying, start a thread about it.

maybe the appointed governor just doesn't know where arizona ends and mexico starts. then it would not be a lie.

Fucking hacks.

Well then, since I have never ever tried to defend President Obama against a legitimate charge of dishonesty,

I guess that makes my house built of stone, and leaves me free to call Governor Brewer the looney lying **** she is.

Correct?

maybe the appointed governor just doesn't know where arizona ends and mexico starts. then it would not be a lie.

Well, she obviously doesn't know the border between shit and shinola, or ass from hole in the ground,

so, you might have a point.

Fucking hacks.

Deflection is their way of admitting she's guilty as charged. You need to be happy you can get that much of an admission out of these people. They live in a fantasy world where it's only true if you admit to it.

Forum List

Back