Gore: Soon we'll all be 30 feet underwater!!!

Also on DRUDGE right now as a top story.............and Im laughing............

Arctic Sea Ice Still TOO THICK For Ships To Regularly Traverse The Northwest Passage

Hey Al............supposed to be clear sailing by 2013!!!:funnyface::funnyface::fu:
Now talk about massively stupid articles!

Arctic Sea Ice Still TOO THICK For Ships To Regularly Traverse The Northwest Passage

For years, scientists and activists have predicted the Arctic would be ice-free during the summers and winter sea ice levels would continue to decline. But what they didn’t count on was sea ice remaining too thick for ships to regularly travel through.

The first-ever study measuring sea ice thickness in the Northwest Passage has found Arctic sea ice is still too thick for ships to safely travel through it year-round. Scientists found that “even in today’s climate, ice conditions must still be considered severe.”

Nobody predicted that the Northwest Passage would be open year round. The prediction was that it would be open for a short period in the summer. And that prediction was made for the end of this century. Yet is has already been open for short periods in several years;

Update on Sea Ice and the Northwest Passage - Climate Change Weather Blog

The Northwest passage has been open for business in recent years during the summer and this includes 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2011. However, it was a different story this summer as much of the passage was clogged with ice, according to the NSIDC.

And now we can add 2015.

I really get tired of assholes making up stories like this for the really stupid.

Gawd your a fucking moron.. The ICE IS STILL TO THICK FOR REGULAR SHIP PASSAGE AND WILL REMAIN SO FOR DECADES...

Arctic sea ice still too thick for regular shipping route through Northwest Passage

Date:
September 29, 2015
Source:
York University
Summary:
Despite climate change, sea ice in the Northwest Passage (NWP) remains too thick and treacherous for it to be a regular commercial Arctic shipping route for many decades, according to new research. Prior to this research, there was little information about the thickness of sea ice in the NWP. Next to ice coverage and type, sea ice thickness plays the most important role in assessing shipping hazards and predicting ice break-up.

Last edited:
Never claimed to be a scientist nor knowledgeable about climate change. What I do claim to know is for some reason...whatever the cause is....the ocean is rising and I see it personally every day since I live 3 blocks away from it. No, I did not know sea ice doesn't contribute to sea level. At least you were polite about it, jc.

We don't get typhoons here Pete, so go fuck yourself. But only after you wash that upper lip of yours since that's what you are smelling since it's closest to your nose.

Please produce the sea level data from your nearest tidal gauge. I am betting that what you claim to be sea level rise is simply water wash out. A natural occurrence on every beach on earth.

From the article above:

"The surveys found a modal thickness of 1.8 to two metres in most regions of the NWP and mean thickness of between two and three metres. Ice originating from the Arctic Ocean showed a mean thickness of more than three metres on average. Some multiyear ice regions contained much thicker, deformed ice that was more than 100 m wide and more than four metres thick."

Is Old Crocks boat the HMS (Stuck in the ice-Ship of fools) Titanic..

Last edited:
Lets face it.....the whole arctic ice fable is a dead issue to a large majority of Americans. Every American is aware of the old childrens tale "A Boy Who Cried Wolf"..........these knotheads have been banging this same drum for 2 decades now and nothing has changed. Nobody cares in 2015.:bye1:

Guess you haven't heard the news out of Alaska and thawing permafrost and Alaska sinking huh? :)

So Alaska is sinking because of Global Warming? And the permafrost has been melting for over 10,000 yrs. Pittsburgh was covered in permafrost not so long ago.. Isn't all that much left to melt...

The other effect is that we are now ACTIVELY MONITORING the permafrost. And some of this is being observed and quantified like never before. That's like the difference in tornado reporting before Doppler radar. BOUND to look larger than the historical record.

Images showing homes flipped on their melted foundations show it's happening quickly. Not over thousands of years since presumedly the homes were on level ground when constructed.

Well there is an issue that requires you to think a bit. HOMES are a GUARANTEED way to melt permafrost.

In order to REMAIN frozen, the ground needs exposure to the sky where all the surface heat eventually goes.
Not to mention the self-generated heating of the home itself. Seems like some soils engineer needs to be sued. Not an Al Gore/Global Warming problem.

BTW -- Build a ROAD and you'll eventually melt the permafrost under it. Quit being FRIGHTENED and think a bit..

Fair point. Not frightened. Even if every doom n gloom forcast re: climate change came true it's not like the world's gonna end. It's at worst a rising tide you walk calmly away from. But it is happening and it's not all as unremarkable as you seem to believe.

How would you explain away Pacific island towns now underwater due to rising sea levels? Surely that's not something like the weight of the town caused the island to sink? :)
name one pacific island town now underwater.

Does Guam count???
Guam will Capsize and Tip Over into the ocean Hank Johnson - YouTube

So Alaska is sinking because of Global Warming? And the permafrost has been melting for over 10,000 yrs. Pittsburgh was covered in permafrost not so long ago.. Isn't all that much left to melt...

The other effect is that we are now ACTIVELY MONITORING the permafrost. And some of this is being observed and quantified like never before. That's like the difference in tornado reporting before Doppler radar. BOUND to look larger than the historical record.

Images showing homes flipped on their melted foundations show it's happening quickly. Not over thousands of years since presumedly the homes were on level ground when constructed.

Well there is an issue that requires you to think a bit. HOMES are a GUARANTEED way to melt permafrost.

In order to REMAIN frozen, the ground needs exposure to the sky where all the surface heat eventually goes.
Not to mention the self-generated heating of the home itself. Seems like some soils engineer needs to be sued. Not an Al Gore/Global Warming problem.

BTW -- Build a ROAD and you'll eventually melt the permafrost under it. Quit being FRIGHTENED and think a bit..

Fair point. Not frightened. Even if every doom n gloom forcast re: climate change came true it's not like the world's gonna end. It's at worst a rising tide you walk calmly away from. But it is happening and it's not all as unremarkable as you seem to believe.

How would you explain away Pacific island towns now underwater due to rising sea levels? Surely that's not something like the weight of the town caused the island to sink? :)
name one pacific island town now underwater.

Does Guam count???
Guam will Capsize and Tip Over into the ocean Hank Johnson - YouTube

LOL.....cant believe people actually sit home and worry about islands doing the Titanic thing!!!

This message board has a lot of members that need some real responsibilities in life.:spinner:

Y'all can scoff all y'all want. And I don't really care what Gore says. Proof is in da puddin', so to speak.
For the past week, there has been no low tide. It is extremely HIGH tide. All along the shore where I walk the dogs, home owners are trying to protect the cliffs where the high tide is eating away and putting their homes in danger. I am not talking about a foot of water up higher, either. I am talking about a beach I used to walk the dogs on, no longer walkable because it is under 2 to 3 feet of water.

I have never seen this happen in all the years I have lived here. Neither have the home owners. Sure, storms can cause erosion. And it happens from time to time. But now tide is now HIGH tide...all the time. So now we have a NEW high tide measurement.

Maybe from all that ice melting? Ya think? Nah. Keep scoffing.
what ice is melting if I may ask? If you say the Arctic, then ma'am you have no idea what you're talking about since that is sea ice and does nothing to sea level. Did you know that?
Golly gee whiz, only the ice in Greenland, Antarctica, and the alpine glaciers. As any third grader knows.

Amazing what the AGW crowd will say in 2015..........just stuff that doesn't comform with what we know is fact!!!

Al Gore predicted Arctic would be ice free: Ice cap now covers 1.7million square kilometres more than 2 years ago -- Sott.net

Al Gore MOST DEFINITELY did predict there would be no ice in the arctic........yet the religion.......for some reason, now wants to run and hide from that. Just like they want to deny all of the k00k global warming predictions made over the last 15 years that have fallen flat on their face!!!

So......you want to talk about "deniers"............who really are the deniers here???:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::funnyface:
Predictably, the voices of denial are rising as Arctic sea ice melt season peaks and ranks only fifth-lowest ever. The clamor is being raised over Al Gore's Nobel Prize acceptance speech quote supposedly saying that Arctic sea ice would be gone by 2013.1 What Gore did or didn't say is beside the point: For the propagandists delivering this message, the objective is "cast doubt and discredit." From Gore's speech:

Arctic Sea Ice and Al Gore's ''Prediction 2013''

Last September 21 (2007), as the Northern Hemisphere tilted away from the sun, scientists reported with unprecedented distress that the North Polar ice cap is "falling off a cliff." One study estimated that it could be completely gone during summer in less than 22 years. Another new study, to be presented by U.S. Navy researchers later this week, warns it could happen in as little as 7 years.2

And yes, the deniers cannot even add. Not only did Gore not say "by 2013," but it would be 2014 at the soonest. ... On to reality:

The Navy researcher that leads this "new study" team that the former vice president alludes to is Wieslaw Maslowski at the Naval Post Graduate School in Monterey, California. The team's research was funded by the Department of Energy (DOE), the Office of Naval Research (ONR), the National Science Foundation (NSF), the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

Maslowski also did not say "by 2013" in his original research in 2007 or when it was republished in 2009. This grandstanding about sea ice and Gore, for whatever reason, is a huge and egregious deception. The actual prediction from Maslowski's 2009 publication is, "Autumn could become near ice free between 2011 and 2016."3

Must be kind of embarrassing to repeat so many of lies of the GOP "Conservatives".

Granny says, "Dat's right...

... Uncle Ferd puttin' pontoons onna trailer...

... gonna make it a houseboat...

... by the time the water gets here.

Dat Al Gore knows what he talkin' `bout...

... `cause he's a smart man...

... he started the innernet."

Y'all can scoff all y'all want. And I don't really care what Gore says. Proof is in da puddin', so to speak.
For the past week, there has been no low tide. It is extremely HIGH tide. All along the shore where I walk the dogs, home owners are trying to protect the cliffs where the high tide is eating away and putting their homes in danger. I am not talking about a foot of water up higher, either. I am talking about a beach I used to walk the dogs on, no longer walkable because it is under 2 to 3 feet of water.

I have never seen this happen in all the years I have lived here. Neither have the home owners. Sure, storms can cause erosion. And it happens from time to time. But now tide is now HIGH tide...all the time. So now we have a NEW high tide measurement.

Maybe from all that ice melting? Ya think? Nah. Keep scoffing.
what ice is melting if I may ask? If you say the Arctic, then ma'am you have no idea what you're talking about since that is sea ice and does nothing to sea level. Did you know that?
Golly gee whiz, only the ice in Greenland, Antarctica, and the alpine glaciers. As any third grader knows.
S0n, that's been melting in refreezing over and over over hundreds of millions of years. So?

Amazing what the AGW crowd will say in 2015..........just stuff that doesn't comform with what we know is fact!!!

Al Gore predicted Arctic would be ice free: Ice cap now covers 1.7million square kilometres more than 2 years ago -- Sott.net

Al Gore MOST DEFINITELY did predict there would be no ice in the arctic........yet the religion.......for some reason, now wants to run and hide from that. Just like they want to deny all of the k00k global warming predictions made over the last 15 years that have fallen flat on their face!!!

So......you want to talk about "deniers"............who really are the deniers here???:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::funnyface:
Predictably, the voices of denial are rising as Arctic sea ice melt season peaks and ranks only fifth-lowest ever. The clamor is being raised over Al Gore's Nobel Prize acceptance speech quote supposedly saying that Arctic sea ice would be gone by 2013.1 What Gore did or didn't say is beside the point: For the propagandists delivering this message, the objective is "cast doubt and discredit." From Gore's speech:

Last September 21 (2007), as the Northern Hemisphere tilted away from the sun, scientists reported with unprecedented distress that the North Polar ice cap is "falling off a cliff." One study estimated that it could be completely gone during summer in less than 22 years. Another new study, to be presented by U.S. Navy researchers later this week, warns it could happen in as little as 7 years.2

And yes, the deniers cannot even add. Not only did Gore not say "by 2013," but it would be 2014 at the soonest. ... On to reality:

The Navy researcher that leads this "new study" team that the former vice president alludes to is Wieslaw Maslowski at the Naval Post Graduate School in Monterey, California. The team's research was funded by the Department of Energy (DOE), the Office of Naval Research (ONR), the National Science Foundation (NSF), the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

Maslowski also did not say "by 2013" in his original research in 2007 or when it was republished in 2009. This grandstanding about sea ice and Gore, for whatever reason, is a huge and egregious deception. The actual prediction from Maslowski's 2009 publication is, "Autumn could become near ice free between 2011 and 2016."3

Must be kind of embarrassing to repeat so many of lies of the GOP "Conservatives".
That's a really good post pal. That's all you got eh?

Feel free to post up any actual evidence and will all be happy to read it. We've been asking for you to tell us where the water is rising still nothing crickets in fact so Gore can say whatever Gore wants to say I don't believe him a nd I'll say I don't believe him.

But again you post up that evidence of where water actually has risen, one place.

Last edited:
NO Proof of actual sea level rise...

No Proof of actual temperature rise that can be attributed to CO2....

Even the storm energy globally is at an all time low.

Yet the left wits post up models of "might come true" even thought they have all been shown failures empirically, and when confronted with this fact they scream but your not a "_______" (fill in the blank) so you dont count but our failed modelers are right..

Their circular argument is full of straw men and fantasy... How do you convince a fool that lives in fantasy what is real? You cant because they have faith in their fantasy.

Then we agree.. Al Gore is a fraud and a liar.. And Maslowski will soon be proven wrong. 2 ducks done..

Feel free to post up any actual evidence and will all be happy to read it. We've been asking for you to tell us where the water is rising still nothing crickets in fact so Gore can say whatever Gore wants to say I don't believe him a nd I'll say I don't believe him.

But again you post up that evidence of where water actually has risen, one place.
Very easy to do, here you go;

Sea Level Trends - NOAA Tides and Currents

here, my link with links: C3 Headlines credit:

C3: ? Are Oceans Rising

BTW, what is it the stations on your link actually show over how many years?

your link actually shows coastal areas that are rising at about 2mm/yr on average. support for the 'consensus' claim of 3.3mm/yr SLR is not there. it must be out in open ocean somewhere that cannot be independently checked.

The whole thing here is.......a handful of people get freaked out hysterical about a cou0ple of meters rise in the ocean over a few years. Most people laugh their balls off hearing about people getting angst over this shit. Let face it......we have a small % of folks who tend to the hysterical.....partly due to cultural reasons and partly do to sociological reasons.

We all know some of these people when we observe them in our daily lives......for example, here in the Northeast, it is common to go into a supermarket after the weather guy says a 6 inch snowstorm is on its way......but you'll see a handful of women in the store loading their basket to overflow levels with supplies as if 4 feet of snow was predicted. Some folks just live in this state of perpetual angst.:dunno:

The whole thing here is.......a handful of people get freaked out hysterical about a cou0ple of meters rise in the ocean over a few years. Most people laugh their balls off hearing about people getting angst over this shit. Let face it......we have a small % of folks who tend to the hysterical.....partly due to cultural reasons and partly do to sociological reasons.

We all know some of these people when we observe them in our daily lives......for example, here in the Northeast, it is common to go into a supermarket after the weather guy says a 6 inch snowstorm is on its way......but you'll see a handful of women in the store loading their basket to overflow levels with supplies as if 4 feet of snow was predicted. Some folks just live in this state of perpetual angst.:dunno:

If the waters were rising 1mm these people would be shitting their shorts. What can you do?

here, my link with links: C3 Headlines credit:

C3: ? Are Oceans Rising

BTW, what is it the stations on your link actually show over how many years?
NASA is adding 2mm rise / year to their data before releasing it to NOAA who dutifully reports it. When land rise/subsidence is taken into account the actual sea level has not cycled more than 1mm/year for over 145 years.

your link actually shows coastal areas that are rising at about 2mm/yr on average. support for the 'consensus' claim of 3.3mm/yr SLR is not there. it must be out in open ocean somewhere that cannot be independently checked.

Meanwhile, back in reality, the last year has seen a jump of about 10 mm. This source is satellite altimetry, which rules out any coastal rising.

Mean Sea Level: Aviso+

MSL_Serie_MERGED_Global_IB_RWT_GIA_Adjust.gif

Now, to be fair, part of it is the ENSO cycle. La Nina periods are rainier, which means more water on land, less in the oceans, and that depresses sea levels. El Nino periods are the opposite. Hence, transitions from La Nino to El Nino will show see show accelerate sea level gains.

But, in any case, the trend line of 3.3 is clearly correct, and if anything, it's accelerating. Denying that is delusion above and beyond the call.

Forum List

Back