GOP wants to screw US over Social Security

You’re under the illusion that citizens of the US live longer than other industrialized countries foolish…we don’t.

The biggest reason people live longer, is the lowering of infant mortality…and extreme measures like cancer cures and transplants etc. IT Does not mean. THESE PEOPLE ARE HEALTHY ENOUGH TO CONTINUE WORKING

You're hilariously healthcare illiterate and the cure is simple. Raise the cap on SS to match the cost of living index so it happens automatically, and initiated Medicare for all. BOTH SAVES BILLIONS. Every country that has universal HC, pays less per person and their population lives longer.
Once again, and I'll type slow this time. That's fine, so what is your solution?

As we both know, and you refuse to acknowledge, the so called "RICH" don't have enough money to fill the gap.

From 2007 until I retired, I paid $15,000 a year into Social Security. I could have used that as a down payment on a rental house each year, which would have paid far more than I receive today.

The bottom line is that I don't give a tinker's dam about what happens to S.S. I'm older than dirt and will be gone long before you realize a critical problem exists.

You’re under the illusion that citizens of the US live longer than other industrialized countries foolish…we don’t.

The biggest reason people live longer, is the lowering of infant mortality…and extreme measures like cancer cures and transplants etc. IT Does not mean. THESE PEOPLE ARE HEALTHY ENOUGH TO CONTINUE WORKING

You're hilariously healthcare illiterate and the cure is simple. Raise the cap on SS to match the cost of living index so it happens automatically, and initiated Medicare for all. BOTH SAVES BILLIONS. Every country that has universal HC, pays less per person and their population lives longer.
Your ignorance of our (U.S.) longevity is not surprising. "The main factors affecting early infant survival are birth weight and prematurity. The way that these factors are reported — and how such babies are treated statistically — tells a different story than what the numbers reveal. Low birth weight infants are not counted against the “live birth” statistics for many countries reporting low infant mortality rates.

The life expectancy in Norway at birth is 81.8 years. Until Muslim refugees started moving into the country, they were nearly 100% white Norwegians.

In Minnesota, a large percentage of the population are Scandinavians. They also eat many foods from the Old Country. Their life expectancy is 81.05. The same is true about Hawaii and Asian countries.

Once again, and I'll type slow this time. That's fine, so what is your solution?

As we both know, and you refuse to acknowledge, the so called "RICH" don't have enough money to fill the gap.

From 2007 until I retired, I paid $15,000 a year into Social Security. I could have used that as a down payment on a rental house each year, which would have paid far more than I receive today.

The bottom line is that I don't give a tinker's dam about what happens to S.S. I'm older than dirt and will be gone long before you realize a critical problem exists.
I‘ve answered the question three times….raise the cap bubba. We’ve done it before every-time the right has complained. You maybe older than dirt, but your memory keeps failing you. Every third or fourth election cycle when the right gets Fox News to scare the shit out if you old white guys….you aren’t that bright are you ? We’ve raised the cap before and we’ll raise it again. But the rich at Fix News want you minions all worked up.

Your ignorance of our (U.S.) longevity is not surprising. "The main factors affecting early infant survival are birth weight and prematurity. The way that these factors are reported — and how such babies are treated statistically — tells a different story than what the numbers reveal. Low birth weight infants are not counted against the “live birth” statistics for many countries reporting low infant mortality rates.

The life expectancy in Norway at birth is 81.8 years. Until Muslim refugees started moving into the country, they were nearly 100% white Norwegians.

In Minnesota, a large percentage of the population are Scandinavians. They also eat many foods from the Old Country. Their life expectancy is 81.05. The same is true about Hawaii and Asian countries.
Wow foolish…you found one country….

Fuck you. Make the hyper wealthy pay.
2024-01-04%20Are%20you%20this%20ignorant.jpg

That was a very cowardly piece of legislation. It was passed in something like 1982 and did not take full effect until 40 years later. The Congress critters all expected to be long dead by now and not suffer the wrath of the voters.

They increased the retirement age by just 2 years. Meanwhile our life expectancy has increased by twice that.

They solved nothing.

We need to raise the retirement age to 70 and index it to 9 percent of the population going forward.

Of course it was cowardly, did you really expect more from congress?

at some point we need to stop thinking about ourselves and think about our childrens future,,

and what is it you disagree with??
that our bodies are in better shape at 65 today than they were decades ago or the people living longer isnt due to tech and pharma??
We are in far better shape at 65 than decades ago. Yes, partially, we're living longer and better due to tech and pharma. That doesn't mean we are weaker or less capable. I'm pushing 80 and am riding my Harley much less than a few years ago. Folks do stare at me going by, "There goes that crazy old guy on his Harley"!

We are in far better shape at 65 than decades ago. Yes, partially, we're living longer and better due to tech and pharma. That doesn't mean we are weaker or less capable. I'm pushing 80 and am riding my Harley much less than a few years ago. Folks do stare at me going by, "There goes that crazy old guy on his Harley"!
I never said we are weaker and less capable,, not sure why you said that beings I said the opposite,,

I said for the most part we are about the same as before,,

it cant be denied that most if not all of those that are living longer lives are doing it because of tech and pharma,,

pretty much every person over 65 I know is on some kind of pharma or had some kind of surgery that without it their life would have ended,,

do you fall under that category??

The age is going to have to be adjusted. After decades of robbing the fund it’s broke…Next.
The fund has not been robbed of anything. The funds paid into the fund were loaned to the general fund. We are now paying off those loans from the general fund but all those loans will be repaid in a few years which is what they mean by S.S. going broke in a few years.

The fund has not been robbed of anything. The funds paid into the fund were loaned to the general fund. We are now paying off those loans from the general fund but all those loans will be repaid in a few years which is what they mean by S.S. going broke in a few years.
so it went broke a long time ago and needed additional funding from other sources and will fail again soon??

Tax breaks for billionnaires is AOK. Whining about Trans, lets do it. But hold on for one second while we screw our voters over.​

GOP faces internal battle over raising age for Social Security​

That joke never gets old every year democrats cry wolf about Republicans

I‘ve answered the question three times….raise the cap bubba. We’ve done it before every-time the right has complained. You maybe older than dirt, but your memory keeps failing you. Every third or fourth election cycle when the right gets Fox News to scare the shit out if you old white guys….you aren’t that bright are you ? We’ve raised the cap before and we’ll raise it again. But the rich at Fix News want you minions all worked up.
No, you've not seriously answered anything. EVEN YOU HAVE to admit that there aren't enough of the rich folks you hate to pay this liability. Well, probably you would rather have a sharp stick in the eye than make any such admission.

2024-03-24.jpg

Forum List

Back