GOP to introduce “We Built This!” slogan in taxpayer-built arena

R

rdean

"We Built This" (the GOP's "Call Me Maybe"), is the catchphrase of the season, and it'll be a major theme of the Republican National Convention at the end of this month. The irony? They'll be holding that convention at the Tampa Bay Times Forum, formerly the Tampa Bay Ice Palace, which was publicly financed.

GOP Will Tout 'We Built This' In Arena Built With Public Funds - Politics - The Atlantic Wire

Oh, the "irony".

Republicans will probably win because the rest of America is more interested in Kim Kardashian.

You mean in the forum built by businesses?

The horror, the horror.

I wonder if they'll use "legitimate rape" too? Like Haliburton is legitimately taping the Northern Tier of PA with their tracking.... but what the fuck....who needs drinking water?

The horror, the horror.

oh....only businesses pay taxes? seems to me we ALL. build publicly funded projects....but that's the Conservative mind for you. The Conglomerate is God....everyone else doesn't matter.

The horror, the horror.

oh....only businesses pay taxes? seems to me we ALL. build publicly funded projects....but that's the Conservative mind for you. The Conglomerate is God....everyone else doesn't matter.
Seems to Me that in order to pay their fair share, businesses pay not only their taxes, but over half of the populations as well.

I see a forum, built by business, using local labor, local skill (probably even some union labor and skill in there too!), all for the purpose of community events.

What I DON'T see is a forum built using government carpenters, government plumbers, government brick layers, government electricians, government catering, government designers.....etc., etc...

However, the direct fact that this forum likely cost 50 times more than it should have can be attributed to government lackeys, government politicians, and government regulations.

Last edited:
wow...you see all of that? You must be the Amazing Carnac. I see a taxpayer funded building that wouldn't exist without public dollars....That a business profited off of and gave some good people decent jobs for a while.

wow...you see all of that? You must be the Amazing Carnac. I see a taxpayer funded building that wouldn't exist without public dollars....That a business profited off of and gave some good people decent jobs for a while.
Do you honestly think that government has its own money?

That money comes from us.

It comes from businesses. It comes from communities. It is often seed money from an investor that builds that kind of building.

What it is NOT is something government built.

It comes from businesses. It comes from communities. It is often seed money from an investor that builds that kind of building.

Honestly I don't know what you are talking about. Obama never said government built business. He said government, meaning "all of us", built those roads and sewers and bridges and all the other infrastructure that helped build business. It's common sense. Take off your partisan blinders and THINK about it.

The error here is the the Libs feel it's governments money first.
How else can it be explained the Left saying that Bush's tax cuts were not "paid for"
The only explanation is that it was government's money first and Bush took it away and
"gave that" government money away to those that earned it...

But it was the governments money first...

"We Built This" (the GOP's "Call Me Maybe"), is the catchphrase of the season, and it'll be a major theme of the Republican National Convention at the end of this month. The irony? They'll be holding that convention at the Tampa Bay Times Forum, formerly the Tampa Bay Ice Palace, which was publicly financed.

GOP Will Tout 'We Built This' In Arena Built With Public Funds - Politics - The Atlantic Wire

Oh, the "irony".

Republicans will probably win because the rest of America is more interested in Kim Kardashian.

What the hell does where they happen to say it have anything to do with it.

God you are a fucking RETARD dean.

The horror, the horror.

Built by business, paid for with tax payer money. Yes, the horror, the horror.
Paid for by local business, local charity, local citizens (well, half of them anyway).....How did these businesses get the money to pay those taxes that paid for this building?

They sacrificed their family's welfare, their reputations, and their good standing in the community, to build a business that provided a good, or service, to the people in that community. The people in the community contributed to the business because that business provided something, (anything) of value to them. This spurred economic growth which allowed the business owner to grow that business even larger.

With the larger revenue, came a larger tax burden. That tax burden went to other businesses, that provided a service to the original business in the form of roads (private contractor), signs (another business), supplies (yet another business) and so on and so on. These other businesses in turn (all built by individuals who risked it all on the hopes of their dreams) in turned became larger and as a consequence, paid more taxes for things like roads, and signs, and goods, and cars, and trucking companies.....and so on, and so on.

I don't see a fucking government in that equation at all, with the exception that these businesses voted for people who had the visions they did for building the community, and that they were willing to pay a bit more than the other half of the citizens, for things like community centers (build on the money of businesses), convention centers (built on the money of businesses), entertainment centers like forums and arena's (again, built using business money)...etc..

In the end.....taxpayers money (the money of the people in the community and the businesses in the community) was sometimes used in agreement, but mostly used against the will of the people. That is the legacy of government.

Without the businesses, and their economic engines, there would be NO COMMUNITY from which dollars can be confiscated.

The businesses, built their business. They paid for the services of other businesses to help them succeed.

Let Me put it in as dumbed down terms as I possibly can for you.

If DaVinci were alive today and painted more masterpieces, your position would be that he did not paint that picture by himself because he purchased a fucking paint brush.

Last edited:
I think the GOP should ram it down the Democrat's throats whenever they can....

“If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen”

Barack Hussein Obama

This should be brought up constantly...
Letting the American people know the contempt that this President holds its citizens.

Sure, other people do have a part in making the environment for you to build your business. That's very true. The government could tax the hell out of it and make it unfavorable for business development. There's a real balancing game that must be kept for that environment. The left wants to tax the hell out of the business, which forces the business out of business as they lose their ability to stay profitable.

Last edited:

Honestly I don't know what you are talking about. Obama never said government built business. He said government, meaning "all of us", built those roads and sewers and bridges and all the other infrastructure that helped build business. It's common sense. Take off your partisan blinders and THINK about it.

So by yours and Obama's flawed logic the businesses that failed along those same roads, sewers and bridges and all the other infrastructure.... The "gov't" was also responsible for the failed businesses as well????
Or does Obama and his ilk just want to take responsibility for the successes?

You idiots are so damn stupid it would be laughable if it weren't so tragic... :mad:

Forum List

Back