GOP to introduce “We Built This!” slogan in taxpayer-built arena

In the end, something provided by government is just another product, bought and paid for by a business or a citizen, to further their own needs.

Like buying a bucket of paint for your store. You didn't make the paint, but you didn't have to. You just had to pay for it and use it to 'build your business' even more.

Of course, they could retort with the "legitimate rape" of our country by Corporate America. Economically and ecologically.

Like I said there's a balancing game. We also have to compete with the rest of the world as we live in a global economy these days.

How the heck do we pay our workers with high wages against slave labor in china? How do we remain profitable.

Do you honestly think that government has its own money?

That money comes from us.

It comes from businesses. It comes from communities. It is often seed money from an investor that builds that kind of building.

What it is NOT is something government built.

Honestly I don't know what you are talking about. Obama never said government built business. He said government, meaning "all of us", built those roads and sewers and bridges and all the other infrastructure that helped build business. It's common sense. Take off your partisan blinders and THINK about it.

So by yours and Obama's flawed logic the businesses that failed along those same roads, sewers and bridges and all the other infrastructure.... The "gov't" was also responsible for the failed businesses as well????
Or does Obama and his ilk just want to take responsibility for the successes?

You idiots are so damn stupid it would be laughable if it weren't so tragic... :mad:

Obama never said that government was responsible of a business' success or failure. Just that PUBLIC WORKS projects set the stage for businesses to success or fail on their own. Your last sentence is correct...when applied to people like you.

You mean in the forum built by businesses?

The horror, the horror.

Built by business, paid for with tax payer money. Yes, the horror, the horror.

You stupid retard.... where does the revenue come from?

Tax revenue does not grow on trees last time I checked :dunno:

So "we" did build it....

yeah....WE, as in ALL OF US.... built it.....so that businesses and private citizens alike can make use of it....It's called a PUBLIC WORKS project. And those Public works help make businesses a hell of a lot of money.

Honestly I don't know what you are talking about. Obama never said government built business. He said government, meaning "all of us", built those roads and sewers and bridges and all the other infrastructure that helped build business. It's common sense. Take off your partisan blinders and THINK about it.

So by yours and Obama's flawed logic the businesses that failed along those same roads, sewers and bridges and all the other infrastructure.... The "gov't" was also responsible for the failed businesses as well????

You idiots are so damn stupid it would be laughable if it weren't so tragic... :mad:

Obama never said that government was responsible of a business' success or failure. Just that PUBLIC WORKS projects set the stage for businesses to success or fail on their own. Your last sentence is correct...when applied to people like you.

Bullshit liar... go back and listen to him for a change....

Just because you worked hard... just because you are smart...

His words... "It must be because I was just so smart... there are alot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else.... Let me tell you something, there are alot of hard working people out there... If you were successful, somone along the line gave you some help"

He is full of shit....and so are you.
I dont know one business owner who got there by governmental help.
The government is the one ALWAYS getting in the way if ya ask me....

"We Built This" (the GOP's "Call Me Maybe"), is the catchphrase of the season, and it'll be a major theme of the Republican National Convention at the end of this month. The irony? They'll be holding that convention at the Tampa Bay Times Forum, formerly the Tampa Bay Ice Palace, which was publicly financed.

GOP Will Tout 'We Built This' In Arena Built With Public Funds - Politics - The Atlantic Wire

Oh, the "irony".

Republicans will probably win because the rest of America is more interested in Kim Kardashian.

Bwaaaaahaha! I think the GOP should only hold rallies and conventions where "they" actually built them--which would be NOWHERE!:D

So "we" did build it....

yeah....WE, as in ALL OF US.... built it.....so that businesses and private citizens alike can make use of it....It's called a PUBLIC WORKS project. And those Public works help make businesses a hell of a lot of money.

Where in the Hell does that "public money" come from???

It did not grow on a tree....

We do it... not the gov't.

Those workers and materials didnt just appear for them to put it together... someone had to pay the men and women who did the work, and someone and some business had to suppply the materials to make it all happen.

Think further than your nose man....

You mean in the forum built by businesses?

The horror, the horror.

So "we" did build it....

Without the government, it never would have happened.

Nothing of value was built in the "every man for himself" old west. "Tamed" was when government entered the picture.

His words... "It must be because I was just so smart... there are alot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else.... Let me tell you something, there are alot of hard working people out there... If you were successful, somone along the line gave you some help"

Without our government, you would be a "Nazi". Which means you might have been a "happier" person.

and without the infrastructure in place, that was publicly funded through ALL of our tax dollars, they wouldn't have gotten nearly as far. There's a reason why people don't set up shop in the middle of the Mojave desert or on top of a mountain with nothing but logging trails.

So "we" did build it....

Nothing of value was built in the "every man for himself" old west. "Tamed" was when government entered the picture.

No one said "every man for himself".... we all worked together to build the nation, at least those of us who pay taxes... you probably belong to the 50% that leaches off the rest of us.

Im done with this stupid subject... you idiots are vapid of any intelligence.

Sorry We know what the President said...
That whole speech was meant to belittle and mock and put entrepreneurs in their place.
That Government workers are more valuable to the Obama regime.

So "we" did build it....

No one said "every man for himself".... we all worked together to build the nation, at least those of us who pay taxes... you probably belong to the 50% that leaches off the rest of us.

Im done with this stupid subject... you idiots are vapid of any intelligence.

I love it....Proven wrong....throws out an insult(a lie at that, at least in my case)...and takes his ball and goes home.

So "we" did build it....

Where in the Hell does that "public money" come from???

It did not grow on a tree....

We do it... not the gov't.

Those workers and materials didnt just appear for them to put it together... someone had to pay the men and women who did the work, and someone and some business had to suppply the materials to make it all happen.

Think further than your nose man....

me? think further than my nose? Gimme a fucking break. We all fucking KNOW where public dollars come from...you guys keep reiterating this ad nauseum....That's not the point, is it? The point is that all of those roads, water systems, data and power grids either are, or were at some point, made possible by using some of ALL of our money pooled together, and used where it is/was needed. That helps businesses thrive and their employees to get to work.

In short, no one is an island and we are all part of this country.

YouDidnt.jpg

nice paraphrased pic. of course it cuts out the parts about the roads, the teachers, etc.

But I know....you don't want to hear that. You'd rather "legitimately rape" his words to enable your hatred.

Classic....

I hope this comes back to haunt him big time...
I will never stop bringing this up.
What a disgraceful remark from a President.

He should be praising small business.
He should be encouraging the people that were around him that day
to become business owners someday.
Instead they surround him hooting and hollering and cheering him on as he was mocking business people.

Really sad where this country is right now with this
President. :mad:

Forum List

Back