GOP: The Party of Death

Wow. You really have your talking points down pat! Oh, wait. We do care about the living. We just disagree on how to protect them.

But only you libs believe in the killing of the innocent while spewing nonsense about people dying in the streets.

You right wingers have yet to prove you care about anything except ME, MYSELF and I...

You are the modern day Pharisees...

This is the credo of the new so called progressives.

Under the ruse of "caring for people", progressives want to enforce their vision of what is the best way to live upon the rest of us via draconian laws and confiscatory taxes.

After all, they know better than you what is "good for you" and forced compliance is, in their minds, better than freedom of choice.

Progressives don't give a shit about people. If they did they would realize that the freedom to succeed walks hand in hand with the chance to fail and that in nearly all cases the difference between success and failure is the choices we make.

Progressives do not want people to make their own choices because some people might make bad choices and then suffer the consequences.

In some twist of logic that I cannot understand, progressives blame people who have done better than average for the woes of those who haven't.

Twist of logic? You just described the law of the jungle...

So the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness is NOT endowed by our creator, you must either be born wealthy or you must EARN that right.

And we make our own choices...I see, so, a one year old born to a family without means should make a better CHOICE of parents, or get a f_cking job!

And if the Republicans had won out in 1965 and killed Medicare, then grandpa and grandma would have to make the CHOICE not to grow old and keep on working until they die...

John Kenneth Galbraith was right..."The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

“If you don’t stop Medicare and I don’t do it, one of these days you and I are going to spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it once was like in America when men were free."
Ronald Reagan

God has given us both a mind and a heart. He intended for us to use them together not to use one to overpower the other.

Stop being charitable with other peoples time and money and start being charitable with your own.

Spoken like a true Pharisees...

Luke 16:13-15…

[13] No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and mammon (money)

[14] The Pharisees, who loved money, heard all this and were sneering at Jesus.

[15] He said to them, "You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of men, but God knows your hearts. What is highly valued among men is detestable in God's sight.

You really need to actually study the scriptures. You dont seem to have any clue what they teach. Because these scriptures dont in anyway support your claims.

God doesnt want us simply ignoring our brains. He wants us to be charitable. Let me repeat that. He wants us to be charitable. He doesnt want us to outsource charity. He doesnt want the government to do my charitable work. He doesnt want me to give away other people's time and money. He wants me to give of my time and money to help others. He wants you to do the same.

How exactly is advocating person charity somehow an indication of being heartless? No the heartless person is the one who doesnt.

You also seemed to ignore the very clear directive. No man can serve two masters. Do you think God wants us to give our lives to serve Him? or do you think He wants us to serve a big overintrusive government? Because as you yourself have just quoted, we cant serve two masters.

Finally, you seemed to have missed the point of what I said completely. God gave us both a heart and a mind. He wanted us to use them together. He did not want us to do as you are advocating and just feel like we are doing good by giving the money of others away. He wanted us to actually do good. That means He wants us to actually do things that will help others and be wise stewards with what we have.

As a man who actually wants to help people, I cannot in good conscience make the health care system worse in the name of trying to help them simply because you dont understand what you are doing.

So the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness is NOT endowed by our creator, you must either be born wealthy or you must EARN that right.

What does with have to do with life, liberty, or the pursuit of happiness. Even the poor have life. Even the poor have liberty. Even the poor have happiness and they have the right to pursue it. Money isnt a factor unless you falsely assume that money brings happiness. It doesnt.

In reality, money often makes people miserable. Because they seek happiness in their wealth than through their Lord and Creator.

And we make our own choices...I see, so, a one year old born to a family without means should make a better CHOICE of parents, or get a f_cking job!

We do make our own choices. Do you have reason to suppose that a one year old is unhappy if he doesnt have money? That's a pretty absurd assumption imho.

And if the Republicans had won out in 1965 and killed Medicare, then grandpa and grandma would have to make the CHOICE not to grow old and keep on working until they die...

Or they could have planned better earlier in life. And honestly, what is so offensive about working until you die? I plan to work the rest of my life. Id go insane if i wasnt doing something prodcutive. Relaxing by a pool all of my days isnt very exciting. Why should we tell our parents and grandparents that they shouldnt contribute to their well being and the rest of societies simply because they are old? Id find it insulting.

John Kenneth Galbraith was right..."The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

If we are the ones trying to justify selfishness. Why are you the one who is obsessed with wealth?

“If you don’t stop Medicare and I don’t do it, one of these days you and I are going to spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it once was like in America when men were free."
Ronald Reagan

Not sure why you seem to think this is inaccurate. Trading freedom for security always results in a lack of both.

You right wingers have yet to prove you care about anything except ME, MYSELF and I...

You are the modern day Pharisees...

Under the ruse of "caring for people", progressives want to enforce their vision of what is the best way to live upon the rest of us via draconian laws and confiscatory taxes.

After all, they know better than you what is "good for you" and forced compliance is, in their minds, better than freedom of choice.

Progressives don't give a shit about people. If they did they would realize that the freedom to succeed walks hand in hand with the chance to fail and that in nearly all cases the difference between success and failure is the choices we make.

Progressives do not want people to make their own choices because some people might make bad choices and then suffer the consequences.

In some twist of logic that I cannot understand, progressives blame people who have done better than average for the woes of those who haven't.

No not at all. i have never said to abolish some sort of safety net. But really that net should be only enough to subsist until such time as one can support oneself again nothing more. There should be a stigma attached to being on the dole. it should be downright embarrassing to have to rely on others for your existence.

I happen to be an atheist so the creator shit means nothing. As people we have these rights. period

But the new progressives want to define what my right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness should be when weighed against the wants of another.

You hear it all the time. "What does he need that much money for?"

Because he made smart choices and sacrificed to save or risked everything to start a business and has seen more success than the rest, he should pay a higher percentage of his income in taxes because other people don't have what he has?

The people who made the choice are the ones who had a kid they couldn't afford. that is not my problem. i have my own family to care for and i ask for no help. So those people can raise their kid on minimum wage if they choose. Or they can not have kids until they can afford them.

You don't know that do you. i have given many examples that if the government would let us keep the money it takes from us to fund that great Ponzi scheme of Social Security and let us hold that money in private accounts for our own retirement we would all be better off.

Do the math. 15% of your lifetime income plus the 20% you should be saving for retirement on top of that.

If you use the median income of the US of 46K and saved that 35% for 45 years you would be a multimillionaire when you retired and medicaid would be irrelevant.

So it is selfish to secure your own future? it is selfish to save your money? it is selfish to be financially independent and a burden on no one?

Tell me what do you call the desire to control another via social engineering tax programs and entitlements?

The Party of Death: GOP Says Stop Effort to Halt Health Care Deaths, But Escalate War

November 25, 2009

David Sirota

Republicans are really going on record as being objectively pro-death – and frankly, the message is even more blatantly pro-death than even Rep. Alan Grayson (courageously) made it out to be.

Think about it: On health care, Republicans are arguing that Democrats are “rushing” legislation through Congress – legislation that would bring down the astronomical number of deaths that occur thanks to our broken health care system. At the same time, they are attacking President Obama for not more quickly escalating the Afghanistan War – an escalation that would likely result in a large number of American and Afghan deaths.

Clearly, it’s mathematically absurd to insist that Democrats are moving too fast on a universal health care initiative that’s been debated for 50 years*, but too slow on a 2-month-old plan for an Afghanistan escalation. But that discrepancy is not nearly as important a point as Republicans’ very clear message: They want to block the effort to stop 45,000 Americans from dying every year for lack of health care, and move forward a plan that would potentially result in 40,000 more American soldiers dying in Afghanistan.

And so, I’ll just say it again: The Republican Party has turned into the Party of Death – a party that is, in sum, advocating a twin health care and war agenda that would almost certainly result in more American deaths. Indeed, if, as the GOP wants, health care does not pass, and the Afghanistan War is escalated, the number of American deaths will almost certainly rise in the short term, and probably continue rising in the long term.That’s not an interpretation of speculation – and I defy anyone to try to make an argument to the contrary.

David Sirota: The Party of Death: GOP Says Stop Effort to Halt Health Care Deaths, But Escalate War

You and Grayson need to share the same padded cell.

Mike

God has given us both a mind and a heart. He intended for us to use them together not to use one to overpower the other.

Stop being charitable with other peoples time and money and start being charitable with your own.

Spoken like a true Pharisees...

Luke 16:13-15…

[13] No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and mammon (money)

[14] The Pharisees, who loved money, heard all this and were sneering at Jesus.

[15] He said to them, "You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of men, but God knows your hearts. What is highly valued among men is detestable in God's sight.

You really need to actually study the scriptures. You dont seem to have any clue what they teach. Because these scriptures dont in anyway support your claims.

God doesnt want us simply ignoring our brains. He wants us to be charitable. Let me repeat that. He wants us to be charitable. He doesnt want us to outsource charity. He doesnt want the government to do my charitable work. He doesnt want me to give away other people's time and money. He wants me to give of my time and money to help others. He wants you to do the same.

How exactly is advocating person charity somehow an indication of being heartless? No the heartless person is the one who doesnt.

You also seemed to ignore the very clear directive. No man can serve two masters. Do you think God wants us to give our lives to serve Him? or do you think He wants us to serve a big overintrusive government? Because as you yourself have just quoted, we cant serve two masters.

Finally, you seemed to have missed the point of what I said completely. God gave us both a heart and a mind. He wanted us to use them together. He did not want us to do as you are advocating and just feel like we are doing good by giving the money of others away. He wanted us to actually do good. That means He wants us to actually do things that will help others and be wise stewards with what we have.

As a man who actually wants to help people, I cannot in good conscience make the health care system worse in the name of trying to help them simply because you dont understand what you are doing.

Well it's clear the lesson of Luke is beyond you...

The use of wealth is the major topic of Luke 16. Wealth can be a blessing or a curse, depending on whether it is used as a means to exercise power, a tool of self-indulgence or a resource to serve others. Wealth's danger is that it can turn our focus toward our own enjoyment, as the rich fool showed in 12:13-21 and as the rich man of 16:19-31 will show. Money is a tool. It is an excellent resource when put to the right use. It can help to build many things of use to others. But to possess money is also to hold a sacred stewardship. Our resources are not to be privately held and consumed but are to be used as a means of generosity, as a way of showing care for our neighbor, as the good Samaritan showed in 10:25-37 and as a restored Zacchaeus will show in 19:1-10.
http://www.biblegateway.com/resources/commentaries/IVP-NT/Luke/Generosity-Handling-Money

I always find it ironic that to the right wing mind, government is only over-intrusive or draconian when it tries to help We, the People...but never over-intrusive or draconian when it starts wars, tortures and kills "others", ease drops, arrests, incarcerates and executes We the People...

The use of wealth is the major topic of Luke 16. Wealth can be a blessing or a curse, depending on whether it is used as a means to exercise power, a tool of self-indulgence or a resource to serve others. Wealth's danger is that it can turn our focus toward our own enjoyment, as the rich fool showed in 12:13-21 and as the rich man of 16:19-31 will show. Money is a tool. It is an excellent resource when put to the right use. It can help to build many things of use to others. But to possess money is also to hold a sacred stewardship. Our resources are not to be privately held and consumed but are to be used as a means of generosity, as a way of showing care for our neighbor, as the good Samaritan showed in 10:25-37 and as a restored Zacchaeus will show in 19:1-10.
http://www.biblegateway.com/resources/commentaries/IVP-NT/Luke/Generosity-Handling-Money

I always find it ironic that to the right wing mind, government is only over-intrusive or draconian when it tries to help We, the People...but never over-intrusive or draconian when it starts wars, tortures and kills "others", ease drops, arrests, incarcerates and executes We the People...

Actually, i understand it completely. You, however, seem to think that it somehow supports your twisted idealogy of oppression. it doesnt.

Maybe if you stopped worried about who has money and who does and learn to love people regardless, you wouldnt have this issue.

I always find it ironic that you seem to think that you are helping people by oppressing them and making sure they are suffering.

I missed that part in scripture which calls for the expropriation of the property of any man, by force if necessary, when he has "enough" of it.

Speaking of selfish and obsessed with wealth......

I cant believe how you didnt notice how Christ was calling out the Pharisees for not supporting that! i mean its so clearly stated.... not.

What does with have to do with life, liberty, or the pursuit of happiness. Even the poor have life. Even the poor have liberty. Even the poor have happiness and they have the right to pursue it. Money isnt a factor unless you falsely assume that money brings happiness. It doesnt.

In reality, money often makes people miserable. Because they seek happiness in their wealth than through their Lord and Creator.

We do make our own choices. Do you have reason to suppose that a one year old is unhappy if he doesnt have money? That's a pretty absurd assumption imho.

Or they could have planned better earlier in life. And honestly, what is so offensive about working until you die? I plan to work the rest of my life. Id go insane if i wasnt doing something prodcutive. Relaxing by a pool all of my days isnt very exciting. Why should we tell our parents and grandparents that they shouldnt contribute to their well being and the rest of societies simply because they are old? Id find it insulting.

If we are the ones trying to justify selfishness. Why are you the one who is obsessed with wealth?

Ronald Reagan

Not sure why you seem to think this is inaccurate. Trading freedom for security always results in a lack of both.

You are taking my reply out of context... I was responding to Skull Pilot's claim in the context of health care and having the ability to afford insurance coverage...if people die because they can't afford health care for themselves or their children, then the pursuit of liberty and happiness is mute...they're pursuit of LIFE ended...

Quote: Originally Posted by Skull Pilot

The Party of Death: GOP Says Stop Effort to Halt Health Care Deaths, But Escalate War

November 25, 2009

David Sirota

Republicans are really going on record as being objectively pro-death – and frankly, the message is even more blatantly pro-death than even Rep. Alan Grayson (courageously) made it out to be.

Think about it: On health care, Republicans are arguing that Democrats are “rushing” legislation through Congress – legislation that would bring down the astronomical number of deaths that occur thanks to our broken health care system. At the same time, they are attacking President Obama for not more quickly escalating the Afghanistan War – an escalation that would likely result in a large number of American and Afghan deaths.

Clearly, it’s mathematically absurd to insist that Democrats are moving too fast on a universal health care initiative that’s been debated for 50 years*, but too slow on a 2-month-old plan for an Afghanistan escalation. But that discrepancy is not nearly as important a point as Republicans’ very clear message: They want to block the effort to stop 45,000 Americans from dying every year for lack of health care, and move forward a plan that would potentially result in 40,000 more American soldiers dying in Afghanistan.

And so, I’ll just say it again: The Republican Party has turned into the Party of Death – a party that is, in sum, advocating a twin health care and war agenda that would almost certainly result in more American deaths. Indeed, if, as the GOP wants, health care does not pass, and the Afghanistan War is escalated, the number of American deaths will almost certainly rise in the short term, and probably continue rising in the long term.That’s not an interpretation of speculation – and I defy anyone to try to make an argument to the contrary.

David Sirota: The Party of Death: GOP Says Stop Effort to Halt Health Care Deaths, But Escalate War

If your going to blame anyone for allowing 45,000 deaths because of no health care, you might want to blame the Democrats who control all branches of government at the moment, or is your selective memory effecting your reasoning skills again?

And what the hell is "an escalation that would likely result in a large number of American and Afghan deaths"? The escalation would save many American lives. This is exactly what the Hussein promised during the election. I doubt this hack was crying murder when Obama was promoting more troops in Afghanistan in October '08.

I missed that part in scripture which calls for the expropriation of the property of any man, by force if necessary, when he has "enough" of it.

Speaking of selfish and obsessed with wealth......

Why am I not surprised that you throw in the extreme polarized and add embellishment or that your peanut gallery comments have nothing to do with the topic?

Libs: The Party of Science

That is correct.

We recognize that the evidence of global warming, ice caps, glaciers, and temperatures worldwide.

We are able to see that other nations are handling their Health Care systems in a manner that costs less, and has far better results. Recognizing that, we see that it is time to change the way we do things.

There are many things in the present Health Care Bill that could be done better. However, by simply digging in their heels in an effort to deny President Obama any success at all, the Republicans have simply become the Do Nothing Party.

Actually, i understand it completely. You, however, seem to think that it somehow supports your twisted idealogy of oppression. it doesnt.

Maybe if you stopped worried about who has money and who does and learn to love people regardless, you wouldnt have this issue.

I always find it ironic that you seem to think that you are helping people by oppressing them and making sure they are suffering.

I see. So oppressing people is a Health Care System that serves all citizens.

And bombing the bejesus out of another nation on the basis of lies, then getting 4000 of our sons and daughters killed for those lies is more liberty for our nation?

And you wonder why the citizens of this nation elected the President, Senate, and Congress that they did!

When I posted an article on 9/18 about the Harvard Medical School Study links 45,000 U.S. deaths to lack of insurance you right wingers said they deserve to die...

You right wingers are unconscionable...

You do realize that everyone dies right? Death and taxes are the only things in this life that are unavoidable.

Billions of people have lived and died with and without health insurance before this bill was ever concieved. Billions of people will live and die after this bill fails miserably.

Oh, and i know you refuse to accept this but the reason we opposite this monstrousity isnt because we want people the die. Its quite the opposite. We dont want you and your friends in washington telling our parents and grandparents and someday us that our lives are worthless and we should die so we dont burden the rest of society. As Obama has already been doing.

Where is the proof that Obama ever said that??? You didn't post it because he NEVER said anything like that. I know you want me to just smile and pay no attention to your evil remarks, but I refuse. You are a damn LIAR!!!!!!!!

When I posted an article on 9/18 about the Harvard Medical School Study links 45,000 U.S. deaths to lack of insurance you right wingers said they deserve to die...

You right wingers are unconscionable...

You do realize that everyone dies right? Death and taxes are the only things in this life that are unavoidable.

Billions of people have lived and died with and without health insurance before this bill was ever concieved. Billions of people will live and die after this bill fails miserably.

Oh, and i know you refuse to accept this but the reason we opposite this monstrousity isnt because we want people the die. Its quite the opposite. We dont want you and your friends in washington telling our parents and grandparents and someday us that our lives are worthless and we should die so we dont burden the rest of society. As Obama has already been doing.

Where is the proof that Obama ever said that??? You didn't post it because he NEVER said anything like that. I know you want me to just smile and pay no attention to your evil remarks, but I refuse. You are a damn LIAR!!!!!!!!

who do you think stands to lose care with 500 billion to a trillion dollars in cuts to medicare? hmmm?

who do you think stands to lose care with 500 billion to a trillion dollars in cuts to medicare? hmmm?

And who exactly put those cuts there?? Hmmmm?? Rebuttlicans.. Just like the other kill grandma legistlation was actually put in by a republican from Georgia.. The one about Living wills..

So don't blame obama who didn't write any part of the bills being debated.. Can't you people blame the right people for a change!! You morons keep putting crap in the bill to make it unpassable.. That is plainly obvious.. You can't be a constructive part of the process.. Research it yourself..

And who exactly put those cuts there?? Hmmmm?? Rebuttlicans.. Just like the other kill grandma legistlation was actually put in by a republican from Georgia.. The one about Living wills.. So don't blame obama who didn't write any part of the bills being debated.. Can't you people blame the right people for a change!! You morons keep putting crap in the bill to make it unpassable.. That is plainly obvious.. You can't be a constructive part of the process.. Research it yourself..

All you have done is just add another lie to the mix. Just keep it up. You stupid Republicans with your purity tests and your hatred of liberals is going to be your undoing.

Don't you get that people die every single day because of lack of health insurance?? But that's fine with you selfish idiots. Why don't you care?? Because all you worry about is you, you, you. And why can't you make any points without lying???????

Forum List

Back