GOP spending cuts would affect millions of people

Way to be civil.

Nopoe. Need nothing from you VaYank. Didnt ask for it and certainly dont need it.
Rant? Wasnt a rant. I responded to a ludicrous question from someone who is naive to the sacrtifices business owners make.

As for the vacqations thing....reading comprehension...I sacrificed those things....business owners dont "get" those things...employees do...and I sacrificed them when I left being an "employee" to start my own.

As far as you seeing that I sacrificed my duties as a husband and father to feed my own personal greed?

Pathetic atttack on me and a total intentional spin of what I said.

I sacrificed my pleasures as a family man to ensure my family always had what it needed. I never sacrificed my responsibilities as a father and husband.

Guess people like you think it best to have fun watching junior play football and when it comes time to put food on the table, blame the rich man as your son sits there hungry.

So, "watching junior play football" is not considered one of your duties as a father. Got it.

Not when it means I have to put food on the table.

Guess to you, taking personal pleasure in watching junior play football trumps making sure he is well fed.

Kind of selfish of you VaYank

LMFAO...and that is all you had to offer.

You truly are acting like a child. Cut it out.

Perhaps your definition of "well fed" and mine are different, but I don't miss the things you choose to miss in your children's lives because you want to keep them "well fed". Please tell me why you can't have a job everyone else that makes it to junior's football games? Why is that not good enough to keep your kids "well fed". Seems to me, you are using your wife and children as excuses for your own personal greed, and you only mention it hoping someone would pat you on the back for it. That is just sickening.

Gamble.
They took chances.
With the exception of the few that are wealthy due to inheritance...and putting aside the few crooks out there.....
We took some major chances with our little savings to start a business. To ultimately employ others. To buy LIHTC properties with the hopes that we dont lose maney but make money putting roofs over the heads of millions at the same time.

Where is our sacrifice? You have no idea of the anxiety attached to my starting a business. I risked it all....

You have no idea of the hours I worked to make it happen

The years without my "2 weeks vacation" and my "6 sick days" and my "2 personal days",,,so I can make it work.

and now over 15 people are employed becuase of me. 2 others that were took my mentoring to start their own....

Where is my sacrifice?

Ask my wife who did not have me home for dinner...ask my kids who did not see daddy at thier football ganes.....ask my ulcer who grew as I saw my savings slowly diminish as I tried to make it work..

And now that I sacrificed and made it?

You want to crucify me.

I don't understand this rant, JH? Are you looking for a trophy or something? Wanna cookie?

First, do you know how many EMPLOYED Americans would kill for "2 weeks of paid vacation, 6 sick days and 2 personal days"? Yet, you see it as a SACRIFICE?

As far as asking your wife and kids....what I am reading is that you sacrificed your duties as a husband and father, to feed your own personal greed.

Again....what do you want? A medal?

How about to be left alone and to have equal treatment by government... instead of being looked at like a mugger looks like an old lady in a walker walking down a dark alley with $100's hanging out of her purse

Besides, he is not rich...he is simply trying to keep his kids "well fed".....just ask him.

So, "watching junior play football" is not considered one of your duties as a father. Got it.

Guess to you, taking personal pleasure in watching junior play football trumps making sure he is well fed.

Perhaps your definition of "well fed" and mine are different, but I don't miss the things you choose to miss in your children's lives because you want to keep them "well fed". Please tell me why you can't have a job everyone else that makes it to junior's football games? Why is that not good enough to keep your kids "well fed". Seems to me, you are using your wife and children as excuses for your own personal greed, and you only mention it hoping someone would pat you on the back for it. That is just sickening.

It all has to do with how you opted to read my post.

You see, I decided it best for my family's future to keep my destiny in my own hands. I had been fired in the past, laid off durting a recession...and, at one point, homeless as a stray cat.

SO when the time was right, I decided to never have to worry about someone elses decisions. SO I started my own. It was tough. Put me in a position to not enjoy some of lifes finer pleasures such as being able to "call in sick" to enjoy juniors football games...to be able to take 2 weeks off during the holidays...to be able to call in sick when I had a 101 fever.

So yes, it deemed it best to miss juniors football games so I can start a company.

Better than missing juniors football games as I waited on an unemployment line.

As opposed to finding ways to criticize me for the sacrifices I made for the better of my family...and trying to find ways to spin what I am saying so you can imply that waht I did was selfish and trying to make it sound like success is nothing but motivated by greed....

Maybe...just maybe...yoiu can act like an adult and see the virtues..and point out the virtues of doing what I did.....

Becuase...you see...it is YOUR spin and the spion of others that more naive people read and then believe how success is motivated by greed...

The top 1% pays approximately 40% of all income taxes but owns over 42% of the wealth in the US.
Again, I'm not crying for them and I'm not picking on them. They are not royalty, they too should sacrifice.

You mean they should pay more b/c they are succesfull.

Why should anyone pay more than the next person?

That's not what I even implied.
I simply pointed out they aren't the poor souls some people like to point them out to be.
They own over 42% of the wealth and are paying 40% of the taxes. That means the 99% that own 58% of the wealth are paying 60% of the taxes.
So, why is it that the 1% shouldn't sacrifice like everyone else?

I normally don't ask for links, but this time I have to ask for links backing up your claims.

why?

B/c I've seen links that say otherwise.

more than one please. I don't want to go to a single site where someone cooked the numbers to look the way they wanted.

I don't understand this rant, JH? Are you looking for a trophy or something? Wanna cookie?

First, do you know how many EMPLOYED Americans would kill for "2 weeks of paid vacation, 6 sick days and 2 personal days"? Yet, you see it as a SACRIFICE?

As far as asking your wife and kids....what I am reading is that you sacrificed your duties as a husband and father, to feed your own personal greed.

How about to be left alone and to have equal treatment by government... instead of being looked at like a mugger looks like an old lady in a walker walking down a dark alley with $100's hanging out of her purse

Besides, he is not rich...he is simply trying to keep his kids "well fed".....just ask him.

That is not what I said.

I said I started a company to keep them well fed...

Stop it VaYank. You are ruining a good debate with your childish spin.

That is of no consequence... rich or upper middle or middle or whatever... when it comes to entitlements, government spending, etc... it's the earners that get looked at like a weasel looks at the chicken coop

You see, I decided it best for my family's future to keep my destiny in my own hands. I had been fired in the past, laid off durting a recession...and, at one point, homeless as a stray cat.

SO when the time was right, I decided to never have to worry about someone elses decisions. SO I started my own. It was tough. Put me in a position to not enjoy some of lifes finer pleasures such as being able to "call in sick" to enjoy juniors football games...to be able to take 2 weeks off during the holidays...to be able to call in sick when I had a 101 fever.

So yes, it deemed it best to miss juniors football games so I can start a company.

As opposed to finding ways to criticize me for the sacrifices I made for the better of my family...and trying to find ways to spin what I am saying so you can imply that waht I did was selfish and trying to make it sound like success is nothing but motivated by greed....

Maybe...just maybe...yoiu can act like an adult and see the virtues..and point out the virtues of doing what I did.....

Becuase...you see...it is YOUR spin and the spion of others that more naive people read and then believe how success is motivated by greed...

The sad part of this whole bickerfest is that all I asked initially was how you interpreted that anyone was crucifying you.

That is of no consequence... rich or upper middle or middle or whatever... when it comes to entitlements, government spending, etc... it's the earners that get looked at like a weasel looks at the chicken coop

That is your spin and you are entitled to it....

The sad part of this whole bickerfest is that all I asked initially was how you interpreted that anyone was crucifying you.

Wrong. That was a separate post.
This whole thing started when you posted:

And as you will see in YOUR POST 47...it was a direct response to my opriginal post.

So you are incorrect as you once again try to take the high road and imply that I went off topic...

Stop acting like a child VaYank. Unless...... maybe you are one?

You never answered my question about being crucified. And yet, you were more than happy to tell your sob story about the "sacrifices" you have made??? Damn right I called you out on it. The country, and <gasp> the government and it's tax policies that you (and the rest of the 5%ers) thumb your noses at, are the very fabric which has allowed you to become so filthy rich and be able to kid your kids "well fed". If this country did not provide the avenues for you to be so rich, you would have moved your family to another country that would, and made sacrifices over there. Yes?

This entire thread and many like it are nothing more than academic exercises.

The Empire of Amerika is and has been Insolvent.

Sooner rather than later, the Bond Vigilantes will force the Imperial Mandarins to finally balance the budget or take the final leap into the abyss.

My money is on the abyss.

The Empire cannot afford higher interest rates. The only other option is default. The Fed cannot monetize the debt forever without the dollar falling apart.

By default our $800 billion defense and homeland security establishment as well as the Welfare establishment will be forced to demobilize due to Fiscal Reality.

We have at most 36 to 60 months before the collapse and certain "Balkanization" of the Former United States of America.

Yet our Imperial Mandarins continue to "kick the can" down the road rather than admitting that the "King has no clothes."

You never answered my question about being crucified. And yet, you were more than happy to tell your sob story about the "sacrifices" you have made??? Damn right I called you out on it. The country, and <gasp> the government and it's tax policies that you (and the rest of the 5%ers) thumb your noses at, are the very fabric which has allowed you to become so filthy rich and be able to kid your kids "well fed". If this country did not provide the avenues for you to be so rich, you would have moved your family to another country that would, and made sacrifices over there. Yes?

My sob story?

I have no sob story. I would do it no other way. You opted to read it as a sob story. I told it as a story of success and what needed to be done to acheive success.

Filthy Rich? Really? You really are clueless to what 300K as an s-corp gets you in the NYC area.
And yes, this country allowed me to ahcieve success by making sacrifices. That is what the US of A is all about my good friend. If you sacrifice and work hard you can make something of yourself!

Sadly...you and many see "sacrifices" as "sob story" things and thus why you are not willing to make them.

They are not what sob stories are made of. They are what makes us successful.

Maybe you should try it as opposed to criticize thoise that are willing to do it.

You never answered my question about being crucified. And yet, you were more than happy to tell your sob story about the "sacrifices" you have made??? Damn right I called you out on it. The country, and <gasp> the government and it's tax policies that you (and the rest of the 5%ers) thumb your noses at, are the very fabric which has allowed you to become so filthy rich and be able to kid your kids "well fed". If this country did not provide the avenues for you to be so rich, you would have moved your family to another country that would, and made sacrifices over there. Yes?[/QUOTE]

The line in bold...that is exactly why this country is different than others. If you work hard and are willing to make certain sacrifices, you can acheive success.

Why the hell do you think we had Ellis Island?

Jeez....do you see the err in your thinking?

My sob story?

I have no sob story. I would do it no other way. You opted to read it as a sob story. I told it as a story of success and what needed to be done to acheive success.

Filthy Rich? Really? You really are clueless to what 300K as an s-corp gets you in the NYC area.
And yes, this country allowed me to ahcieve success by making sacrifices. That is what the US of A is all about my good friend. If you sacrifice and work hard you can make something of yourself!

Sadly...you and many see "sacrifices" as "sob story" things and thus why you are not willing to make them.

Maybe you should try it as opposed to criticize thoise that are willing to do it.

This is where you are wrong, my friend. MANY people have personal success stories. Yours ended up be a "sob story" because you felt the need to pout about your personal sacrifices on a political message board.

You never answered my question about being crucified. And yet, you were more than happy to tell your sob story about the "sacrifices" you have made??? Damn right I called you out on it. The country, and <gasp> the government and it's tax policies that you (and the rest of the 5%ers) thumb your noses at, are the very fabric which has allowed you to become so filthy rich and be able to kid your kids "well fed". If this country did not provide the avenues for you to be so rich, you would have moved your family to another country that would, and made sacrifices over there. Yes?[/QUOTE]

The line in bold...that is exactly why this country is different than others. If you work hard and are willing to make certain sacrifices, you can acheive success.

Why the hell do you think we had Ellis Island?

Jeez....do you see the err in your thinking?

Nope. I have known this all along. I also don't feel that people are crucifying me for being successful.

How much the top 1% owns 42.7% in 2007.
Who Rules America: Wealth, Income, and Power

Another link ;
Wealth and Income Inequality in the USA

Taxes of the top 1% , 40.42% of taxes
National Taxpayers Union - Who Pays Income Taxes?

Now there are several different links that state different numbers for different years, so there's variance out there.
The bottom-line is that the wealthy are not getting raped like some people love to imply. Fact is they own a percentage of the wealth and their taxes reflect that percentage of ownership of this country's wealth .
But again, I'm not here asking for the wealthy to pay more in taxes, I'm asking that they too sacrifice.

I'm not feelin' your outrage on this, Bass.

Spending needs to be cut damn near everywhere and people are going to be affected by it.

Using the inevitable ill effects of the cuts solely to attack the opposition in this case is counterproductive.

You are practicing politics as usual.

If they want to cut spending let them first bring our troops home and quit throwing away taxpayer dollars meddling in the affairs of other countries. Eliminate all the government money going to all these contractors overseas making tons of money to nothing. After that, then lets talk about domestic budget cuts. I agree with cuts to NASA.

Agreed but, why not make all the cuts at once? Why does anything have to be cut "first?"

Also, how did the budget cuts become "GOP spending cuts?"

Do Dems not want to cut any spending?

My sob story?

This is where you are wrong, my friend. MANY people have personal success stories. Yours ended up be a "sob story" because you felt the need to pout about your personal sacrifices on a political message board.

Outright, pathetic lie by you.

I have told you numerous times in PM's AND in responses to you here in this thread that I was asked the question of what sacrifices I have made.

So I answered the question.

I did not feel the "need" to pout. about my personal sacrifices....

Stop acting like a child and man up for once.

Gamble.
They took chances.
With the exception of the few that are wealthy due to inheritance...and putting aside the few crooks out there.....
We took some major chances with our little savings to start a business. To ultimately employ others. To buy LIHTC properties with the hopes that we dont lose maney but make money putting roofs over the heads of millions at the same time.

Where is our sacrifice? You have no idea of the anxiety attached to my starting a business. I risked it all....

You have no idea of the hours I worked to make it happen

The years without my "2 weeks vacation" and my "6 sick days" and my "2 personal days",,,so I can make it work.

and now over 15 people are employed becuase of me. 2 others that were took my mentoring to start their own....

Where is my sacrifice?

Ask my wife who did not have me home for dinner...ask my kids who did not see daddy at thier football ganes.....ask my ulcer who grew as I saw my savings slowly diminish as I tried to make it work..

And now that I sacrificed and made it?

You want to crucify me.

Way to be civil.

Nopoe. Need nothing from you VaYank. Didnt ask for it and certainly dont need it.
Rant? Wasnt a rant. I responded to a ludicrous question from someone who is naive to the sacrtifices business owners make.

As for the vacqations thing....reading comprehension...I sacrificed those things....business owners dont "get" those things...employees do...and I sacrificed them when I left being an "employee" to start my own.

As far as you seeing that I sacrificed my duties as a husband and father to feed my own personal greed?

Pathetic atttack on me and a total intentional spin of what I said.

I sacrificed my pleasures as a family man to ensure my family always had what it needed. I never sacrificed my responsibilities as a father and husband.

Guess people like you think it best to have fun watching junior play football and when it comes time to put food on the table, blame the rich man as your son sits there hungry.

These people - people like VaYank - see no sacrifice in the risks people like you (and my dad) take, they see no value in your employing others - all employers are 'exploiting' the hard working little guys. :lol: I can't count the number of people like that my dad has employed over the years.... people who think they are owed more than a decent day's pay for a decent day's work. Every one of them gets fired. Those that work hard, get rewarded for it.

Forum List

Back