GOP spending cuts would affect millions of people

Not cutting programs and our spending will affect millions more. You cannot believe that we can sustain a debt like this! Other countries have even warned us!

Have you been watching Iceland, Greece, Spain, Portugal? Have you seen the rioting in these countries and more for their cost cutting measures? Do you think we are immune? You haven't heard they are asking to raise our DEBT CEILING AGAIN? Above $14 trillion?

And it's such a shame it will affect millions of Americans? Of course it will! Going on a tight budget always does. Do you want to go in a Depression? We have to cut everywhere! We are in a crisis! You didn't hear?

He questioned where the top 5% sacrificed...and it was questioned in a sarcastic way.

Maybe you misunderstood my question. I asked how anyone was attempting to crucify you, specifically.

Not sure if you are questioning my position in the top 5% ...if you are...I am.

No.............I am questioning your position that anyone was attempting to crucify you as you claim. Get it?

Might I suggest a little light reading for those who are interested. Read Cloward & Piven's strategy for implementing 'change' through economic collapse.

I did and the similarities to what I am hearing and seeing is concerning

I studied this shit as part of my Economics class at school. What is happening now looks like a duck, and walks like a duck - my question is 'is it a duck'?

Gamble.
They took chances.
With the exception of the few that are wealthy due to inheritance...and putting aside the few crooks out there.....
We took some major chances with our little savings to start a business. To ultimately employ others. To buy LIHTC properties with the hopes that we dont lose maney but make money putting roofs over the heads of millions at the same time.

Where is our sacrifice? You have no idea of the anxiety attached to my starting a business. I risked it all....

You have no idea of the hours I worked to make it happen

The years without my "2 weeks vacation" and my "6 sick days" and my "2 personal days",,,so I can make it work.

and now over 15 people are employed becuase of me. 2 others that were took my mentoring to start their own....

Where is my sacrifice?

Ask my wife who did not have me home for dinner...ask my kids who did not see daddy at thier football ganes.....ask my ulcer who grew as I saw my savings slowly diminish as I tried to make it work..

And now that I sacrificed and made it?

You want to crucify me.

How was anyone attempting to crucify you, specifically?

He questioned where the top 5% sacrificed...and it was questioned in a sarcastic way.

I hate to interject this information but I will. obie wan wants to punish people like you for your success and you said you would vote for him.. are you maoschistic?

I'm not feelin' your outrage on this, Bass.

Spending needs to be cut damn near everywhere and people are going to be affected by it.

Using the inevitable ill effects of the cuts solely to attack the opposition in this case is counterproductive.

You are practicing politics as usual.

If they want to cut spending let them first bring our troops home and quit throwing away taxpayer dollars meddling in the affairs of other countries. Eliminate all the government money going to all these contractors overseas making tons of money to nothing. After that, then lets talk about domestic budget cuts. I agree with cuts to NASA.

I don't know about cutting every cent going overseas, but certainly, declare "Victory" and bring the troops home.

That actually supports the irony of the system.

The majority of spending is financially supported by the top 5% earners...
And when you cut some of that spending, you see how those that financially support it are not even benefitting from it.

And then you go out there saying that the 5% should put even MORE into the system...

And then you criticize them when they say "why?"

Considering that most of the top 5% pay generate almost 40% of their income from capital gains/dividends that are taxed at the 15% rate and have access to more tax loop holes than the rest of Americans, I will not cry for them.
Where is their sacrifice?

Gamble.
They took chances.
With the exception of the few that are wealthy due to inheritance...and putting aside the few crooks out there.....
We took some major chances with our little savings to start a business. To ultimately employ others. To buy LIHTC properties with the hopes that we dont lose maney but make money putting roofs over the heads of millions at the same time.

Where is our sacrifice? You have no idea of the anxiety attached to my starting a business. I risked it all....

The years without my "2 weeks vacation" and my "6 sick days" and my "2 personal days",,,so I can make it work.

and now over 15 people are employed becuase of me. 2 others that were took my mentoring to start their own....

Where is my sacrifice?

Ask my wife who did not have me home for dinner...ask my kids who did not see daddy at thier football ganes.....ask my ulcer who grew as I saw my savings slowly diminish as I tried to make it work..

You want to crucify me.

I don't understand this rant, JH? Are you looking for a trophy or something? Wanna cookie?

First, do you know how many EMPLOYED Americans would kill for "2 weeks of paid vacation, 6 sick days and 2 personal days"? Yet, you see it as a SACRIFICE?

As far as asking your wife and kids....what I am reading is that you sacrificed your duties as a husband and father, to feed your own personal greed.

Again....what do you want? A medal?

How was anyone attempting to crucify you, specifically?

I hate to interject this information but I will. obie wan wants to punish people like you for your success and you said you would vote for him.. are you maoschistic?

I do not fall for the rhetoric that he wants to punish the successful. I do not agree with his ideology, but he is not able to push an agenda without both majorities.

And yes, I would vote for him over Palin. That is what I said. Not that he is my candidate of choice overall.

And yes, I would vote for him over Palin seeing as Palin may be more of my ideology, I see her as a poor chopice for Head of State....and to me? Without a supermajority...the POTUS is more of a Head of State than a leader of legislation.

The right wing has this bizarre notion that if we just "stop spending", everything will "go back" to the good old days when there was no "national debt".

Of course, their "good old days" are merely "delusions" of a time that never existed.

Helping the economy will take a number of steps.

The rich must pay their fair share.

Spending must be cut.

An "atmosphere" for growth must be created. That includes investment in infrastructure, research and education. Of course, these things will never happen. Republicans will make sure of it.

That actually supports the irony of the system.

The majority of spending is financially supported by the top 5% earners...
And when you cut some of that spending, you see how those that financially support it are not even benefiting from it.

And then you go out there saying that the 5% should put even MORE into the system...

And then you criticize them when they say "why?"

Considering that most of the top 5% pay generate almost 40% of their income from capital gains/dividends that are taxed at the 15% rate and have access to more tax loop holes than the rest of Americans, I will not cry for them.

Yo...where is YOUR sacrifice?

My kids go to public schools which have seen cuts of over a billion dollars in the last eight years. Minnesota education used to be consistently ranked one or two in the country, now we have dropped to 6th. The classroom sizes have grown to the level that it effects the kids education.

That's one sacrifice for starters.

Gamble.
They took chances.

Where is my sacrifice?

You want to crucify me.

I don't understand this rant, JH? Are you looking for a trophy or something? Wanna cookie?

First, do you know how many EMPLOYED Americans would kill for "2 weeks of paid vacation, 6 sick days and 2 personal days"? Yet, you see it as a SACRIFICE?

As far as asking your wife and kids....what I am reading is that you sacrificed your duties as a husband and father, to feed your own personal greed.

Way to be civil.

Nopoe. Need nothing from you VaYank. Didnt ask for it and certainly dont need it.
Rant? Wasnt a rant. I responded to a ludicrous question from someone who is naive to the sacrtifices business owners make.

As for the vacqations thing....reading comprehension...I sacrificed those things....business owners dont "get" those things...employees do...and I sacrificed them when I left being an "employee" to start my own.

As far as you seeing that I sacrificed my duties as a husband and father to feed my own personal greed?

Pathetic atttack on me and a total intentional spin of what I said.

I sacrificed my pleasures as a family man to ensure my family always had what it needed. I never sacrificed my responsibilities as a father and husband.

Guess people like you think it best to have fun watching junior play football and when it comes time to put food on the table, blame the rich man as your son sits there hungry.

Gamble.
They took chances.

Where is my sacrifice?

You want to crucify me.

Way to be civil.

Nopoe. Need nothing from you VaYank. Didnt ask for it and certainly dont need it.
Rant? Wasnt a rant. I responded to a ludicrous question from someone who is naive to the sacrtifices business owners make.

As for the vacqations thing....reading comprehension...I sacrificed those things....business owners dont "get" those things...employees do...and I sacrificed them when I left being an "employee" to start my own.

As far as you seeing that I sacrificed my duties as a husband and father to feed my own personal greed?

I sacrificed my pleasures as a family man to ensure my family always had what it needed. I never sacrificed my responsibilities as a father and husband.

Guess people like you think it best to have fun watching junior play football and when it comes time to put food on the table, blame the rich man as your son sits there hungry.

So, "watching junior play football" is not considered one of your duties as a father. Got it.

Might I suggest a little light reading for those who are interested. Read Cloward & Piven's strategy for implementing 'change' through economic collapse.

http://Cloward-Piven.com
The Cloward-Piven strategy - first proposed in 1966 - seeks to hasten the fall of capitalism by ... 06-14-10 The Obama Agenda: The Fall of America Through Orchestrated Crisis. click ...

http://Cloward-Piven.com

They are good friends of the Clintons.

I'm not saying that there shouldn't budget cuts, I'm 100% for budget cuts across the board. I'm saying there should also be sacrifices across the board.

If just the middle class and the poor sacrifice, isn't that class warfare? This segment of the population has been losing wealth (see record wealth gap) and wage-wise, have not been allowed to participate in this country's growth in the last ten years thanks to stagnant wage growth.
And now that same group is suppose to bear the brunt of government cuts?

Yo...where is YOUR sacrifice?

My kids go to public schools which have seen cuts of over a billion dollars in the last eight years. Minnesota education used to be consistently ranked one or two in the country, now we have dropped to 6th. The classroom sizes have grown to the level that it effects the kids education.

That's one sacrifice for starters.

And my kids went to public school as well.

Maybe if the entitlement programs were not what they were in Minnesota, more funds would have been there for the schools?

And speaking of schools....

Here on Long Island?

A teacher with tenure and 10 years experience (say age 35) makes 85K to work 10 months a year. He/she, by union contract MUST be at the school from 8AM to 4 PM daily. They MUST offer a half hour beforte the day (between 8-9) and a half hour after (between 3-4) to students for extra help....that is all by union contract.
After 4PM they have the right to offer private tutoring off the school grounds...BY CONTRACT.

My sister in law earns 60 an hour tutoring....and usually tutors 9 hours a week.

So, in essence....seems the way the union contracts are.....the poor get only 5 hours a week of group tutoring and the rich get as much as they want of private tutoring....

and in the meantime?

85K plus another 20K for tutoring...to work 10 months a year with about 6 weeks vacation and 49 hours a week....at the age of 35....

Boy...sure seems the teachers have a gripe....no?

Way to be civil.

So, "watching junior play football" is not considered one of your duties as a father. Got it.

Not when it means I have to put food on the table.

Guess to you, taking personal pleasure in watching junior play football trumps making sure he is well fed.

Kind of selfish of you VaYank

LMFAO...and that is all you had to offer.

You truly are acting like a child. Cut it out.

Yeah - What this country really needs is any group of politicians spending money that we don't have. Time to stay at home and watch tv people. We can't afford any more nights on the town right now.

The top 1% pays approximately 40% of all income taxes but owns over 42% of the wealth in the US.
Again, I'm not crying for them and I'm not picking on them. They are not royalty, they too should sacrifice.

You mean they should pay more b/c they are succesfull.

Why should anyone pay more than the next person?

That's not what I even implied.
I simply pointed out they aren't the poor souls some people like to point them out to be.
They own over 42% of the wealth and are paying 40% of the taxes. That means the 99% that own 58% of the wealth are paying 60% of the taxes.
So, why is it that the 1% shouldn't sacrifice like everyone else?

Gamble.
They took chances.

Where is my sacrifice?

You want to crucify me.

How about to be left alone and to have equal treatment by government... instead of being looked at like a mugger looks like an old lady in a walker walking down a dark alley with $100's hanging out of her purse

Forum List

Back