GOP spending cuts would affect millions of people

I'm not feelin' your outrage on this, Bass.

Spending needs to be cut damn near everywhere and people are going to be affected by it.

Using the inevitable ill effects of the cuts solely to attack the opposition in this case is counterproductive.

You are practicing politics as usual.

Every other intelligent government is cutting spending. You think the Brits aren't feeling the pain of Cameron's cuts? Because they are. That's the price we pay for tolerating decades of incompetence from our elected officials.

Spending needs to be cut damn near everywhere and people are going to be affected by it.

Using the inevitable ill effects of the cuts solely to attack the opposition in this case is counterproductive.

If they want to cut spending let them first bring our troops home and quit throwing away taxpayer dollars meddling in the affairs of other countries. Eliminate all the government money going to all these contractors overseas making tons of money to nothing. After that, then lets talk about domestic budget cuts. I agree with cuts to NASA.

If they want to cut spending let them first bring our troops home and quit throwing away taxpayer dollars meddling in the affairs of other countries. Eliminate all the government money going to all these contractors overseas making tons of money to nothing. After that, then lets talk about domestic budget cuts. I agree with cuts to NASA.

Pulling out of Iraq right now would leave a very unstable country wide open to be overrun with people who want to destroy America. Long term is that a smart move? I think not. Can we not be so short termist and actually look at the real life issue, instead of pretending that we can walk away with no consequence.

$1.4 trillion, Charlie. That's where the budget deficit is at these days. While I believe that yes, ending the wars would help, you didn't expect the GOP to actually offer those up as places to cut right out of the box did you?

Pulling out of Iraq right now would leave a very unstable country wide open to be overrun with people who want to destroy America. Long term is that a smart move? I think not. Can we not be so short termist and actually look at the real life issue, instead of pretending that we can walk away with no consequence.

Pulling out of Iraq is going to lead to civil war, nothing more nothing less, we need to put our own citizens first, I don't believe the hype that pulling out of Iraq endangers Americans, we've already been there done that with that lie. What do you mean by short term? We've been there almost 10 years in Iraq and nearing 11 in Afghanistan, this is a waste of finances and time and lives, we need to rebuild and and empower our own cities, not those in Afghanistan and Iraq. How can anyone agree with cutting our own people short to "help" those two countries? There's something bigger at stake in these countries, no one gives a damn about the people, its the resources that these countries have that people care about.

$1.4 trillion, Charlie. That's where the budget deficit is at these days. While I believe that yes, ending the wars would help, you didn't expect the GOP to actually offer those up as places to cut right out of the box did you?

Of course not, thats typical of the GOPtards, to cut off those who are not rich, nobody will give a damn thats why.

Pulling out of Iraq is going to lead to civil war, nothing more nothing less, we need to put our own citizens first, I don't believe the hype that pulling out of Iraq endangers Americans, we've already been there done that with that lie. What do you mean by short term? We've been there almost 10 years in Iraq and nearing 11 in Afghanistan, this is a waste of finances and time and lives, we need to rebuild and and empower our own cities, not those in Afghanistan and Iraq. How can anyone agree with cutting our own people short to "help" those two countries? There's something bigger at stake in these countries, no one gives a damn about the people, its the resources that these countries have that people care about.

Why do you think we are still there? Why hasn't Obama 'bought the troops home'? Wanna know why? Because he actually understands what the consequence would be. I may not like Obama.... but he's clearly smart enough to understand that. It's a pity that the rest of America can't be as rational as he is. Hysterical repeating of 'bring 'em home' doesn't make for strong foreign relations policy.

We need to realize that this deficit.... it's our fault.... because instead of living within our means, we sat back and allowed our politicians to spend us to the edge of bankruptcy. We need to be intelligent, and stop whining. We are going to have to face higher taxes, we are going to have to face horrific cuts, we are going to have to face paying higher prices... and it is our own damned fault.

I think we can put the thread title in the "no shit" category, and also the "but of course, that's necessary" category, and call it a day eh? Instead of another thread that MIGHT turn into a Willow vs. Mad Martigan pissing contest, large mouth Bass vs. Deranged Samurai, <name calling, name calling, name calling> etc. :razz:

Instead of another thread that MIGHT turn into a Willow vs. Mad Martigan pissing contest, large mouth Bass vs. Deranged Samurai, <name calling, name calling, name calling> etc. :razz:

That's exactly what the OP wants.

History shows us that Muslims will revert to infighting when no external force is present. It really is wated money, resources and American lives at this point.

Bass, you do go wrong in politicizing that millions of Americans will be affected by spending cuts. In order to be effective, a great number will indeed be seeing changes.

The government should cut off PERIOD.. whether it effect 'rich' or 'poor' or whatever is of no consequence... what this government and this country has failed to remember is that the government does not exist to ensure every aspect of your life is taken care of.... it exists to ensure you have the freedom to take care of yourself, and the same rights and treatment as all other citizens with those freedoms... nothing more... it is not there to be your nanny or mommy...

So while I can appreciate the sentiment that we should be 'out of Iraq' or whatever else with big government military spending, we also need to concentrate on the areas of government spending where government has no motherfucking business spending... personal and corporate entitlements, subsidies, pet projects, etc....

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I would hope the GOP spending cuts would effect well over 300 million people, or its not doing enough.

The government should cut off PERIOD.. whether it effect 'rich' or 'poor' or whatever is of no consequence... what this government and this country has failed to remember is that the government does not exist to ensure every aspect of your life is taken care of.... it exists to ensure you have the freedom to take care of yourself, and the same rights and treatment as all other citizens with those freedoms... nothing more... it is not there to be your nanny or mommy...

So while I can appreciate the sentiment that we should be 'out of Iraq' or whatever else with big government military spending, we also need to concentrate on the areas of government spending where government has no motherfucking business spending... personal and corporate entitlements, subsidies, pet projects, etc....

Ditto.

GOPtards? More hate speech from the left designed to incite violence? The new majority has yet to propose a Bill.

I read th post and seems business as usual for many.
Hey, if it makes Bass happy to dig for criticisms....go for it.

Does us no good but if it does good for him, it is worth it...to him.

Forum List

Back