GOP Senators claim to be fighting Barrack "Adolf Hitler" Obama

OK, so I think we can all agree that "Hitler" is a no no.

But what about Francisco Paulino Hermenegildo Teódulo Franco Bahamonde? :eusa_think:

(Francisco Franco)

But what about Francisco Paulino Hermenegildo Teódulo Franco Bahamonde? :eusa_think:

(Francisco Franco)

Only with Tapas and red wine.

His son was a pip though..brought Spain into the modern age.

(Francisco Franco)

At least it's creative.

A few of the nuttier nuts are branching out though. I've seen a couple of Stalins and Maos thrown out there. But no Francos yet. Is he hard to caricature or what?

I guess Mussolini is right out.

But I'd love to see a Mugabe or a Pol Pot chucked around just for the sake of variety. I'd even possibly award style points.

The whole comparison-to-a-famous-murderous-dictator meme is so patently ridiculous, why not just take it full retard and get it over with?

(Francisco Franco)

At least it's creative.

A few of the nuttier nuts are branching out though. I've seen a couple of Stalins and Maos thrown out there. But no Francos yet. Is he hard to caricature or what?

But I'd love to see a Mugabe or a Pol Pot chucked around just for the sake of variety. I'd even possibly award style points.

The whole comparison-to-a-famous-murderous-dictator meme is so patently ridiculous, why not just take it full retard and get it over with?
well, that's branching into troofer weirdness
and the dreaded FEMA death camps

At least it's creative.

well, that's branching into troofer weirdness
and the dreaded FEMA death camps

But they're serious.

I'm proposing it for pure facetiousness' sake. ;)

Both sides have called the other's president Hitler. It's deplorable and detestable.

But two wrongs dont make a right. Dont defend Obama-haters for doing something the other side did. Be the bigger man. Say it's wrong and get on with it.

That being said, liberals, you can't act like you haven't done the same thing.

i can't speak for anyone else. but i can honestly say, with clear conscience, that I have never, ever, ever, used the term nazi or hitler to describe anything BUT nazis or hitler. i think it's disgusting when people do it. it diminishes the horror of what the nazis did.

so SOME "liberals" may have, but it wasn't mainstream democrats... unlike the right, which seems to have lost its mind and it's mainstream has so pandered to the wingnuts that it has incorporated that type of lunacy.

I'm out of rep but this is possibly the best post I've seen on this board in weeks! Well said.

We have always had this offensive comparison... and it is one of the very few things that I am totally horrified by.... and you are right.... it is getting worse.... and I also agree that a LOT of it seems to be coming from the right. Having said that, I think it is the drooling fools on both sides that seem to think it's ok to call people a Nazi etc. It is absolutely NOT ok.

What paultry amount I have was thrown her way. She's correct.

(Francisco Franco)

At least it's creative.

It's sort of a lazy form of debate to compare a leader to anyone really (I am guilty of doing this by the way)..but the hyperbole sort of kills everything.

It's like dropping a nuke when you compare anyone to mao, hitler, or stalin.

At least it's creative.

It's sort of a lazy form of debate to compare a leader to anyone really (I am guilty of doing this by the way)..but the hyperbole sort of kills everything.

I think comparing Obama to Obama is bad enough as it is. :eusa_whistle:

At least it's creative.

A nuke? Not really. It just shows the people you're debating that you can't debate on the merits. Also just how ignorant you are concerning folks like Mao, Hitler and Stalin, and how little you're affected by the millions they killed that you're willing to use them for cheap political points. ("you" being used in the generic sense here;))

But hey....it's not my call. I'll just laugh at them instead.

rdean, can you link to any of your previous posts criticizing Democrats for fighting Adoph Bush?

Yeah. Didn't think so.

This is not about Bush, or rdean. You've only managed to make it clear you have no defense of these clowns.

You think that finding some Democratic clown somewhere who compared Bush to Hitler somehow makes what these guys did okay?

You think that if OJ had found someone else who murdered someone the same day he killed those two people that that would have proven OJ innocent?

In OTHER WORDS. IT DOESN'T COUNT WHEN LIBERALS CALL BUSH HITLER! It ONLY COUNTS when Republicans do it back!!!!!!!

Typical liberalism!!!!!!!

Yeah, we shouldn't discuss if any liberal on this board called Bush Hitler. That's not the subject. Liberals have their underwear in a wad about the op and we should stick to the subject!

YEAH! That works!!! Noooooooooooo Hypocrisy there!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Are you still on food stamps, Horseface?

This is not about Bush, or rdean. You've only managed to make it clear you have no defense of these clowns.

You think that finding some Democratic clown somewhere who compared Bush to Hitler somehow makes what these guys did okay?

You think that if OJ had found someone else who murdered someone the same day he killed those two people that that would have proven OJ innocent?

In OTHER WORDS. IT DOESN'T COUNT WHEN LIBERALS CALL BUSH HITLER! It ONLY COUNTS when Republicans do it back!!!!!!!

Typical liberalism!!!!!!!

Yeah, we shouldn't discuss if any liberal on this board called Bush Hitler. That's not the subject. Liberals have their underwear in a wad about the op and we should stick to the subject!

YEAH! That works!!! Noooooooooooo Hypocrisy there!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Are you still on food stamps, Horseface?
????

TPS is John F Kerry?

Eisenhower also warned about the emerging military-industrial complex in his Chance for Peace Speech:

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."

I have yet to figure out what Eisenhower has to do with Obama, other than maybe the comparison to Patton in the op.

But SINCE we are NOT talking about actual armaments in this "war" against Obama, I have YET to figure out where "Wouldn'tKnowTruthMattersIfItKickedHerInTheButt" is going with this.

I mean we ARE talking about a President who left office before even *I* was born.

Is it too much to hope for a point?

(Yeah, it's probably too much to hope for a point) :tongue:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Would today privitization obsessed GOP support the development of the US Interstate highway system?

I rather doubt it,

How about NASA?

Would today's Tea Party folks support such government spending?

I rather doubt it.

how about Ike's creation: Department of Health, Education and Welfare?

Is that something today's GOP supports?

How about the Social Security Amendments of 1954?

Theseinclude increased benefits of old-age and survivors insurance. It expanded coverage to include farmers, and professional people and others, adding nearly 7.5 million additional persons to the Social Security rolls.

Is that the direction that the GOP is taking this nation now?

Or how about INCREASING THE MINIMUM WAGE? Still another accomplishment of the IKE administration that I suspect the GOP would not approve of.

Or how about his so called "Plan 66" which strengthed and funded America's anntional Park system.

Is that something we think today's libertarian Randian GOP would sign onto?

I think in every above example, we find that TODAY'S GOP is nothing like our FATHER'S GOP.

Yes, yes, Republicans cutting spending is just going to cause the destruction of our roads and the country will fall apart.

Yeah, keep on going with that one!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Both sides have called the other's president Hitler. It's deplorable and detestable.

But two wrongs dont make a right. Dont defend Obama-haters for doing something the other side did. Be the bigger man. Say it's wrong and get on with it.

That being said, liberals, you can't act like you haven't done the same thing.

i can't speak for anyone else. but i can honestly say, with clear conscience, that I have never, ever, ever, used the term nazi or hitler to describe anything BUT nazis or hitler. i think it's disgusting when people do it. it diminishes the horror of what the nazis did.

so SOME "liberals" may have, but it wasn't mainstream democrats... unlike the right, which seems to have lost its mind and it's mainstream has so pandered to the wingnuts that it has incorporated that type of lunacy.

That's not exactly true.

Keith Ellison alluded to Nazi Germany as well when talking about the Bush administration.

It's bad form. Shouldn't be done.

i had to look up who keith ellison is... apparently, he's michelle bachmann's counterpart.

it is bad form. though i didn't hear his comments or see them. if he did that, he was wrong.

Forum List

Back