GOP Senator..."tough shit" for the unemployed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
Domestic terrorism by anti American SCUM continues...

Jim Bunning Repeatedly Blocks Unemployment Benefits Extension, Tells Dem 'Tough Shit'

Updated below: The Senate has now recessed for the weekend without taking action.

Jim Bunning, a Republican from Kentucky, is single-handedly blocking Senate action needed to prevent an estimated 1.2 million American workers from prematurely losing their unemployment benefits next month.

As Democratic senators asked again and again for unanimous consent for a vote on a 30-day extension Thursday night, Bunning refused to go along.

And when Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) begged him to drop his objection, Politico reports, Bunning replied: "Tough shit."

Bunning says he doesn't oppose extending benefits -- he just doesn't want the money that's required added to the deficit. He proposes paying for the 30-day extension with stimulus funds. The Senate's GOP leadership did not support him in his objections.

And at one point during the debate, which dragged on till nearly midnight, Bunning complained of missing a basketball game.

"I have missed the Kentucky-South Carolina game that started at 9:00," he said, "and it's the only redeeming chance we had to beat South Carolina since they're the only team that has beat Kentucky this year.

More...

gop-party-over-country.jpg

sounds like another compassionate conservative......

wow, we have our own Baghdad Bob of propaganda right here on this board..

It'd be nice to see details on just the kind of people who would receive said "benefits." I've heard some pretty hilariously troubling horror stories about people on unemployment lately with my cousin being a recruiter.

Is there ANYTHING these right wing scum bags do that you don't go along with?

Friday, February 6, 2009

Texas Republican Congressman Pete Sessions compares GOP strategy to Taliban insurgency.

Pete_Sessions.jpg

"Insurgency, we understand perhaps a little bit more because of the Taliban, and that is that they went about systematically understanding how to disrupt and change a person's entire processes. And these Taliban -- I'm not trying to say the Republican Party is the Taliban. No, that's not what we're saying. I'm saying an example of how you go about [sic] is to change a person from their messaging to their operations to their frontline message. And we need to understand that insurgency may be required when the other side, the House leadership, does not follow the same commands, which we entered the game with."

Congressman Pete Sessions Compares House Republicans To Taliban | Capitol Annex

Is there ANYTHING these right wing scum bags do that you don't go along with?
Congressman Pete Sessions Compares House Republicans To Taliban | Capitol Annex

LOL, your title with thread says it all about you, Baghdad Bob
GOP Senator..."tough shit" for the unemployed

Jim Bunning Repeatedly Blocks Unemployment Benefits Extension, Tells Dem 'Tough Shit'

Updated below: The Senate has now recessed for the weekend without taking action.

Jim Bunning, a Republican from Kentucky, is single-handedly blocking Senate action needed to prevent an estimated 1.2 million American workers from prematurely losing their unemployment benefits next month.

As Democratic senators asked again and again for unanimous consent for a vote on a 30-day extension Thursday night, Bunning refused to go along.

And when Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) begged him to drop his objection, Politico reports, Bunning replied: "Tough shit."

Bunning says he doesn't oppose extending benefits -- he just doesn't want the money that's required added to the deficit. He proposes paying for the 30-day extension with stimulus funds. The Senate's GOP leadership did not support him in his objections.

And at one point during the debate, which dragged on till nearly midnight, Bunning complained of missing a basketball game.

"I have missed the Kentucky-South Carolina game that started at 9:00," he said, "and it's the only redeeming chance we had to beat South Carolina since they're the only team that has beat Kentucky this year.

More...

The Huffington Post is just as funny as the Onion! :lol:

Not surprising, look at lot of the republican's constituents on here claiming anybody who doens't have a job doesn't have one simply out of laziness.

It'd be nice to see details on just the kind of people who would receive said "benefits." I've heard some pretty hilariously troubling horror stories about people on unemployment lately with my cousin being a recruiter.

It will be interesting if there is a republican in here who's unemployment check will just not be there next month. I wonder what he would say about the republicans.

Damn.

More...

The Huffington Post is just as funny as the Onion! :lol:

Any comments on this republican single handedly stopping this?

It will be interesting if there is a republican in here who's unemployment check will just not be there next month. I wonder what he would say about the republicans.

Damn.
Who knows. All i know is that most conservatives tend to take care of themselves rather than looking for someone else to take care of them.

Hell with it, why don't we give them unemployment benefits for life.

If you ever get fired, I really hope you donate your unemployment check to a charity. I know the money is yours but you have ZERO compassion. Typical republican.

Damn.
Who knows. All i know is that most conservatives tend to take care of themselves rather than looking for someone else to take care of them.

the talking point of all talking points when it comes wto this topic. So you admit that conservatives only give a shit about themselves and fuck everybody else. That's kind of the impression I got from many of them

If you ever get fired, I really hope you donate your unemployment check to a charity. I know the money is yours but you have ZERO compassion. Typical republican.
I've got no problem with the concept of unemployment. I've got a problem with it's scope. It pays out way too much for way too long. If the benefits were limited to somewhere around minimum wage for maybe 6-9 months instead of a year, then great. But when unemployment pays almost as much as you were making at your last job while employers simply don't have the overhead to hire as many workers for those previous wages, people start to look at unemployment as a career... and that's just sickening to me.

Last edited:

But when unemployment pays almost as much as you were making at your last job while employers simply don't have the overhead to hire as many workers for those previous wages, people start to look at unemployment as a career... and that's just sickening to me.

What state do YOU live in? I need to move there, just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back