GOP Senator..."tough shit" for the unemployed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can ANYONE answer as to WHY it's out of line for Bunning to suggest that we spend money already borrowed to extend the program rather than incur new debt or are all the libs bashing the man on this thread just looking for something to bitch about?

ahnc-vet.jpg

Veterans make up 1 in 4 homeless - USATODAY.com

Veterans make up 1 in 4 homeless.

What state do YOU live in? I need to move there, just in case.
Illinois.

My cousin just started working as a recruiter out of college. He's got positions to fill but has trouble finding anyone to fill them because they're collecting unemployment checks that are larger than the job pays. He'll often "interview" people who say straight out that they don't want a job, they just need the interview to prove they're looking for work so they can keep collecting unemployment.

Now i understand there's people out there that don't abuse unemployment and use it for what it was intended for, but i'd prefer that the system really pushes the unemployed back into the workforce rather than encourage them to get comfortable outside of it.

Last edited:
Hell with it, why don't we give them unemployment benefits for life.

If you ever get fired, I really hope you donate your unemployment check to a charity. I know the money is yours but you have ZERO compassion. Typical republican.
I've got no problem with the concept of unemployment. I've got a problem with it's scope. It pays out way too much for way too long. If the benefits were limited to somewhere around minimum wage for maybe 6-9 months instead of a year, then great. But when unemployment pays almost as much as you were making at your last job while employers simply don't have the overhead to hire as many workers for those previous wages, people start to look at unemployment as a career... and that's just sickening to me.

Yeah, like that's really going to help someone that is laid off to get a min. wage salary. And they never get full amount they were making.

Look, your employer puts into it based on how much money you make, hence why the pays is different depending on how was put in.

nobody looks at unemployment as a career, give me a break with that disingenuous shit. I guess a career that only lasts a year.

It will be interesting if there is a republican in here who's unemployment check will just not be there next month. I wonder what he would say about the republicans.

Damn.
Who knows. All i know is that most conservatives tend to take care of themselves rather than looking for someone else to take care of them.

the talking point of all talking points when it comes wto this topic. So you admit that conservatives only give a shit about themselves and fuck everybody else. That's kind of the impression I got from many of them

Maybe you should look at the demographics for charitable donations

Forced contribution to charity at the iron fist of the government is not being charitable or compassionate

Who knows. All i know is that most conservatives tend to take care of themselves rather than looking for someone else to take care of them.

the talking point of all talking points when it comes wto this topic. So you admit that conservatives only give a shit about themselves and fuck everybody else. That's kind of the impression I got from many of them

Forced contribution to charity at the iron fist of the government is not being charitable or compassionate

People, when they get really rich, tend to become conservatives, so surprising that they would give the most donation.

How many of those conservatives wouldn't help someone who had a illegitmate kid? a black inner city family? Or whatever they deem is "immoral" and people that are not worthy of charity? If we did it the conservative wya, there would be many people left out of recieving help because of the holier than thou, judgemental group that is plentiful in the conservative group

I personally know a couple of people right now who are on unemployment and have been drawing it for around 6 months.

They have no intention of looking for work because they are makiing a pretty good chunk of change by staying home. They aren't worried about running out of unemployment because the Govt keeps extending benefits.

People, when they get really rich, tend to become conservatives, so surprising that they would give the most donation.

How many of those conservatives wouldn't help someone who had a illegitmate kid? a black inner city family? Or whatever they deem is "immoral" and people that are not worthy of charity? If we did it the conservative wya, there would be many people left out of recieving help because of the holier than thou, judgemental group that is plentiful in the conservative group

So you believe in forced redistribution and care rather than the freedom to donate to causes you wish to help with your voluntary contributions

And if you feel the need to support octopus fucking syphilitic little people with brain tumors in a charitable donation, more power too you.. and if Joe Sixpack in Idaho chooses to support knock-kneed interracial single mothers with chronic cold sores through charitable donation, more power to him... and if Jane Rottencrotch in Dallas wishes not to donate to a charity at all, more power to her.. all part of FREEDOM

I personally know a couple of people right now who are on unemployment and have been drawing it for around 6 months.

They have no intention of looking for work because they are makiing a pretty good chunk of change by staying home. They aren't worried about running out of unemployment because the Govt keeps extending benefits.

Well that will get them used to living with less income for the jobs they are likely to find?

So you believe in forced redistribution and care rather than the freedom to donate to causes you wish to help with your voluntary contributions

And if you feel the need to support octopus fucking syphilitic little people with brain tumors in a charitable donation, more power too you.. and if Joe Sixpack in Idaho chooses to support knock-kneed interracial single mothers with chronic cold sores through charitable donation, more power to him... and if Jane Rottencrotch in Dallas wishes not to donate to a charity at all, more power to her.. all part of FREEDOM
Well, I'm not a closed minded judgumental asshole that thinks certain people don't deserve a chance at getting assistance in one of the richest countries in the world.

If everything is left in the hand of the people, with many close minded, judgmental assholes, many people wouldn't get much help because of the holier than thou people

Well, I'm not a closed minded judgumental asshole that thinks certain people don't deserve a chance at getting assistance in one of the richest countries in the world.

If everything is left in the hand of the people, with many close minded, judgmental assholes, many people wouldn't get much help because of the holier than thou people

Choosing the cause you like to support (or causes) is being judgmental?? My choosing ADA because my step-father suffered from diabetes, and not choosing to fund rehab programs is judgmental?

See.. you left wingers know what is best for everyone... how much is enough and the rest to get redistributed... how to limit the freedoms of those you deem unworthy, while you claim to be for the freedoms of all..

You are a proponent of iron fist control of government over freedoms... and that says it all

And lest you forget.. you are not owed jack shit.. you are the only one responsible for you

Liberal-Progressives idea of giving help to those less fortunate is to use the Federal Government to FORCE people who work for their HARD earned monies to give to others. then they can CROW about how much more THEY CARE.

Choosing the cause you like to support (or causes) is being judgmental?? My choosing ADA because my step-father suffered from diabetes, and not choosing to fund rehab programs is judgmental?

See.. you left wingers know what is best for everyone... how much is enough and the rest to get redistributed... how to limit the freedoms of those you deem unworthy, while you claim to be for the freedoms of all..

You are a proponent of iron fist control of government over freedoms... and that says it all

And lest you forget.. you are not owed jack shit.. you are the only one responsible for you

Umm, its many conservatives that think you know what's best for everyone, which is why if it was all based on personal charity, mostly white christians would get help and many people who these holier than thou assholes think aren't worthy of help

You are such the typical conservative on here, make shit up, make claims about what the other person said that simply was not there. and what they believe in. Disingenuous fucks many of you people are. having gov't assistance programs is hardly ruling with an iron fist control of gov't over freedoms.In fact, most conservatives of today are the ones trying to force their morals on other.

I am forced to pay taxes for foreign wars, foreign bases, and tons of other shit I don't use nor never will. It's part of living in society.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back