GOP Robocall firm hit with 3 Million dollar fine

Histrionics aren't helping your case here. Making robo-calls to cell phones isn't "cheating in elections".

It's a violation of the law, sure. But pretending it would actually make a difference in an election is ludicrous. It's a stupid law to begin with.

Histrionics aren't helping your case here. Making robo-calls to cell phones isn't "cheating in elections".

It's a violation of the law, sure. But pretending it would actually make a difference in an election is ludicrous. It's a stupid law to begin with.

Why should I have to pay to hear what turns out to be a GOP solicitation call, which I did not want to hear in the first place. It is not a "stupid law". It serves to protect me and my privacy from those who don't give a rat's ass how inconvenient and costly their action is to other people. As a matter of fact, I got one of their calls about 6 weeks ago. The good news is that another $3 million dollars of republican money has been wasted. Why didn't they just send it to Palin?

Why should I have to pay to hear what turns out to be a GOP solicitation call, which I did not want to hear in the first place. It is not a "stupid law". It serves to protect me and my privacy from those who don't give a rat's ass how inconvenient and costly their action is to other people. As a matter of fact, I got one of their calls about 6 weeks ago. The good news is that another $3 million dollars of republican money has been wasted. Why didn't they just send it to Palin?

Why should I have to hear political ads on the radio, or see them on TV? Why should I have to get flyers in the mail and calls on my home phone?

There's no logical reason to make cell phones an exception.

Why should I have to hear political ads on the radio, or see them on TV? Why should I have to get flyers in the mail and calls on my home phone?

yes there is...not everyone has unlimited minutes and they may have to pay for extra minutes....that was his concern.

yes there is...not everyone has unlimited minutes and they may have to pay for extra minutes....that was his concern.

By law, cell phone companies cannot charge you for the first minute of an incoming call.

Hang up the phone, problem solved.

Actually there is, not everyone has unlimited minutes on their cell plans, these calls can cost the recipient money that the others don't. I've been making complaints to the FCC and the FTC about robo calls for years now but they keep coming. Kind of makes you wonder why this company is in the news, could it possibly be this regime using government against their opponents again?

Actually there is, not everyone has unlimited minutes on their cell plans, these calls can cost the recipient money that the others don't. I've been making complaints to the FCC and the FTC about robo calls for years now but they keep coming. Kind of makes you wonder why this company is in the news, could it possibly be this regime using government against their opponents again?

See my above post.

By law, cell phone companies cannot charge you for the first minute of an incoming call.

You got a link for that law, because my cell agreements charge at least 1 minute for any answered call.

The Lilly pure GOP....loses 3 Million Dollars....COOL!

You got a link for that law, because my cell agreements charge at least 1 minute for any answered call.

I can't find anything, so I might be wrong about that.

Your cell phone company sucks ass, then. Every plan I've ever had has included the clause I mentioned above.

Are you nuts? You do not pay to listen to the radio or to receive mail. I have to pay to retrieve any message on my cell phone, just to find out what the hell it the message is! I got a 1 minute charge, just to retrieve a message that only said, "If you do not wish to receive these calls, hit any key to unsubscribe." Trust me, I never subscribed to GOP calls.

Last edited:
So cheating in elections is okay?

Not understanding where the cheating aspect comes from.
I get robocalls from people trying to sell shit all the time.
I was getting robocalls from Kay Hagen's( D-NC) office until I put the kibosh on that bullshit.

$2.75/month buys selective call blocking.

A robot may call me once but it can never call me twice.

Meanwhile, when the political caller is an actual person I make sure I get their candidate's name spelled out for me. The always ask why.

They can't figure out on their own that they've just thrown away what might have been a vote for their employer.

Forum List

Back