GOP Risks Becoming "Religious Party" - McCain Advisor

Hey Annie... Explain to me the mechanics IF Roe v. Wade were overturned

WILL YOU PAY FOR:
- Prenatal care...frequent visits to an OBGYN
- Conception health... proper diet, vitamin intake, no alcohol, smoking or drug intake.
- Work leave or lost wages if the employer refuses payed leave
- Post natal care...frequent visits to a pediatrician

And that assumes there are no complications...
WILL YOU PAY FOR:
- LIFELONG care costs if the child is severely handicapped
- LIFELONG care costs if the mother is severely handicapped by the pregnancy
- Lost job of the mother... some employers just hand out pink slips

And what about the women that have abortions that are now illegal...
WILL YOU PAY FOR:
Arrest and prosecution of the mother
Incarceration costs of approx. $35,000 per year per woman

If it is deemed murder, will you pro LIFE-ers seek the DEATH penalty?

Not her problem...it's their's....

When I originally heard this, the adviser's point was young people accept gays, and to make non acceptance a party position would only alienate another segment of the population. I agree but having someone like Sarah Palin as a figurehead can only alienate non religious or gay rights voters.

I've always wondered how the republican party kept a coalition of such diversity together, seems that glue is not working as well today?

My version of Christianity is little to nothing like Palin's version of Christianity.

I'm sure she's a Christian, but that's about all we have in common.

She supports war. I support turning the other cheek, and much more difficult action.

SO--the GOP is afraid of becoming the party of CHRIST? OK--what drugs is this guy on??

Cement your influence with the main religion in a civilization and you obtain power over it. What the hell is that Republican afraid of? Pushy Priests? Screaming southern women singing "Go tell it on the mountain"?

To late for Secularization--Stay Traditionalists--and there is nothing "Traditional" with gay marriage!!

No doubt... with 80% of the country polling in as Christian, why in the hell would the repubs want to move AWAY from that? Sounds like horse manure to me. Just another article by a Christian hater that will use what ever means at hand to talk Christians down or marginalize them.

The fact of the matter is most conservatives are Christians, and vice versa, and what ever party that block decides to vote for is going to win. THAT is what the repubs better get through their heads, not worrying about whether or not homos are happy.

Hello Conservatives! Be you Evangelicals, main stream Prots, Catholic, or fallen away of any. Also welcome agnostics, atheists, and Wiccans. Whoops nearly forgot Jews and Muslims-if you are conservative, welcome. Buddhists and others, the tent is here.

That should be the message. I happen to be pro-life, however that does not determine my vote alone. I'll work for the overturn of Roe, but it's very unlikely to happen. I recognize that. I'm unwilling to throw away all my other principles over that. If that is where the 'right' is taking the GOP, I'm out. So are most. That party WILL DIE. Same with Gay stuff. I don't have the problem with that that I personally do with abortion. I don't thing the government should recognize marriage, but I give two hoots regarding civil unions. More to the point, thing those people should be able to call for their property, wills, health choices to go to the one they wish. I thought the blocks were wrong when I was in high school, still do today, 30 years later.

WILL YOU PAY FOR:
- Conception health... proper diet, vitamin intake, no alcohol, smoking or drug intake.

WILL YOU PAY FOR:

WILL YOU PAY FOR:

I'm not going on an abortion debate, sorry.

Hello Conservatives! Be you Evangelicals, main stream Prots, Catholic, or fallen away of any. Also welcome agnostics, atheists, and Wiccans. Whoops nearly forgot Jews and Muslims-if you are conservative, welcome. Buddhists and others, the tent is here.

That should be the message. I happen to be pro-life, however that does not determine my vote alone. I'll work for the overturn of Roe, but it's very unlikely to happen. I recognize that. I'm unwilling to throw away all my other principles over that. If that is where the 'right' is taking the GOP, I'm out. So are most. That party WILL DIE. Same with Gay stuff. I don't have the problem with that that I personally do with abortion. I don't thing the government should recognize marriage, but I give two hoots regarding civil unions. More to the point, thing those people should be able to call for their property, wills, health choices to go to the one they wish. I thought the blocks were wrong when I was in high school, still do today, 30 years later.

WILL YOU PAY FOR:

WILL YOU PAY FOR:

WILL YOU PAY FOR:

The problem is, you haven't really thought it through... as I've said before, right wing solutions are great...if only people would evaporate...

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live; it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Oscar Wilde

WILL YOU PAY FOR:

WILL YOU PAY FOR:

WILL YOU PAY FOR:

The problem is, you haven't really thought it through... as I've said before, right wing solutions are great...if only people would evaporate...

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live; it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Oscar Wilde

No, the problem is that she didn't want to derail the thread, and rightfully so. The debate is about the Republican party being (or becoming) a "religious party". It was demonstrated in the last election that they cannot continue to latch onto this idea or reputation, and many of us ex-Democrat supporters agree, if they distanced themselves more from religious aspects it would actually give us reason to completely change the party we support. Which could ultimately swing the favor back to the Republicans very quickly, and hopefully not too late. Their conservative ideals could be very good for our country, if they were adhered to instead of worrying about religious struggles.

WILL YOU PAY FOR:

WILL YOU PAY FOR:

WILL YOU PAY FOR:

Yes to all of the above

On a serious note, will you hold the plastic bag so the doctor can drop the once living human being into it.

If its still alive when ripped from the womb will you cover its tiny mouth with your hand until it dies in front of your face.

Will you allow a mother to see an ultrasound of the babys face.

baby-face-2.jpg

John McCain's top adviser from the presidential campaign urged fellow Republicans on Friday to warm up to gay rights and warned that the GOP risks becoming the "religious party" with its opposition to same-sex marriage.

Steve Schmidt, in his first political appearance since the election, spoke at the Washington, D.C., convention for the Log Cabin Republicans -- a grassroots group for gay and lesbian Republicans.

He urged Republicans, in the near-term, to endorse civil unions and stop using the Bible as rationale for gay-marriage opposition.

"If you put public policy issues to a religious test, you risk becoming a religious party," he said. "And in a free country a political party cannot be viable in the long-term if it is seen as a sectarian party."

Schmidt, whose sister is a lesbian and who supports same-sex marriage, said he understands the Republican Party probably won't reverse its resistance to same-sex marriage anytime soon.

But he suggested that the party will be increasingly marginalized if it sustains that opposition long-term. ...

Schmidt also said Friday that Republicans need to reach out, not only to gay voters, but young voters and Hispanics.

"The rapid growth of the Hispanic-American population for instance could soon cost Republicans the entire southwest if we don't recover our previous share of the vote," he said.

McCain Strategist Warns GOP Risks Becoming 'Religious Party' - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

Yep... nothing new there...

The "Centrists" have always required the principled to succumb to the principle-less...

Which is how the notion: "There is no difference btween the Parties" came to be such a common observation and why the Centrists are being thrown the OUT OF THE GOP.

WILL YOU PAY FOR:

WILL YOU PAY FOR:

WILL YOU PAY FOR:

Oscar Wilde

I've thought it through.... so let me field this for Annie...

Your desire here is to reduce the issue to economics... and this is a function of your desire to REMOVE THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR HER REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH FROM WOMEN...

Here's a clue... when a woman understands the REALITY that she is risking conception of another HUMAN BEING through HER CHOICE to engage in sexual intercourse... then she is FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR HER CHOICE.

Now BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR ONE'S CHOICE means one is RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FINANCIAL AND OTHER OBLIGATIONS WHICH COME FROM MAKING THAT CHOICE.

Roe simply seeks to dehumanize the conception of a pre-born child... Roe seeks to DEHUMANIZE HUMAN BABIES! Thus enabling these absurd rationalizations which disemble the RESPONSIBILITY FOR HAVING MADE THE CHOICE to engage in activity which is almost CERTAIN TO RESULT IN THE CONCEPTION OF A BABY HUMAN BEING.

Any questions?

Last edited:

Oscar Wilde

I've thought it through.... so let me field this for Annie...

Your desire here is to reduce the issue to economics... and this is a function of your desire to REMOVE THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR HER REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH FROM WOMEN...

Here's a clue... when a woman understands the REALITY that she is risking conception of another HUMAN BEING through HER CHOICE to engage in sexual intercourse... then she is FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR HER CHOICE.

Now BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR ONE'S CHOICE means one is RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FINANCIAL AND OTHER OBLIGATIONS WHICH COME FROM MAKING THAT CHOICE.

Roe simply seeks to dehumanize the conception of a pre-born child... Roe seeks to DEHUMANIZE HUMAN BABIES! Thus enabling these absurd rationalizations which disemble the RESPONSIBILITY FOR HAVING MADE THE CHOICE to engage in activity which is almost CERTAIN TO RESULT IN THE CONCEPTION OF A BABY HUMAN BEING.

Any questions?

yea, a few...
IF Roe v. Wade were overturned, would abortions end?
Do only leftists have abortions?
Were you raised by wolves?

Boy I love babies, those little bastards are bundles of joy. Its unimaginable, nothing better than feeling them snuggle up against my chest, resting, feeling safe and secure, than falling asleep. If I could know only one joy, one pleasure in life, I would want the feeling of peace and love I feel when my little boy falls asleep safely in my arms.

Last edited:
If McCain was any different I wouldn't have considered him better than Obama, and if he hadn't picked a VP that was so bullish I would have actually voted instead of just hoping that other voters would be wise enough to let them know that we want better choices from the Democrats.

What are you taling about? Sarah Palin was the person that got the BASE of the republican party off of it's knees. She's the conservative--the one who can get the message across. McCain with his "soft"--nice voice--plus his age could not get it done. Sarah could. That's obvious with the amount of money that rolled into the campaign after Sarah Palin was announced to be the VP. It almost tripled overnight, right after the announcement.

Believe me, without Sarah Palin--McCain would have been lucky to win 3 states. Plus most conservatives--like me consider--McCain to me more of a democrat than republican. In fact--we hated it that he wanted to close GITMO.

Personally, myself as a conservative was very disappointed in the republican party nominating John McCain. Sarah Palin is the rising star of the conservative party. Sarah Palin is the female version of Ronald Reagan, & that's what scares the hell out of liberals.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007
If McCain was any different I wouldn't have considered him better than Obama, and if he hadn't picked a VP that was so bullish I would have actually voted instead of just hoping that other voters would be wise enough to let them know that we want better choices from the Democrats.

What are you taling about? Sarah Palin was the person that got the BASE of the republican party off of it's knees. She's the conservative--the one who can get the message across. McCain with his "soft"--nice voice--plus his age could not get it done. Sarah could. That's obvious with the amount of money that rolled into the campaign after Sarah Palin was announced to be the VP. It almost tripled overnight, right after the announcement.

Believe me, without Sarah Palin--McCain would have been lucky to win 3 states. Plus most conservatives--like me consider--McCain to me more of a democrat than republican. In fact--we hated it that he wanted to close GITMO.

Personally, myself as a conservative was very disappointed in the republican party nominating John McCain. Sarah Palin is the rising star of the conservative party. She is the female version of Ronald Reagan.

Explain why McCain had a chance until Palin was chosen ...

Sarah Palin was pulling crowds of 40,000 when McCain was pulling crowds of 10,000.

We all just saw how much the Marxist-Media covered the Tea Parties, do you expect they'd have covered how popular Palin actually was?

McCain visited my town and went to some Hotel to speak. Palin visited my town and they had to put her in the livestock event center which could hold upwards of some 50,000 people.

Personally, myself as a conservative was very disappointed in the republican party nominating John McCain. Sarah Palin is the rising star of the conservative party. She is the female version of Ronald Reagan.

Explain why McCain had a chance until Palin was chosen ...

He didn't have a chance, and the GOP knew it. That's why they put Palin with him. There was no way in hell I'd ever have voted for mclame, but when Palin was announced as VP, I considered it, briefly, but then decided that I still couldn't vote for mclame. Had Palin been VP for Romney, for Huckabee, for Hunter, Tancredo, anybody else, I'd have voted for that ticket. My choices were much the norm across the country. mclame is a RINO. A maverick. Someone that likes to "stick it to his party." Well guess what johnny, that's no way win. He may as well have switched over to the democrat party, because there was no way in hell he was going to win on a republican ticket. He is NOT a "conservative."

It completely amazes me that ANYONE would consider Sarah Palin presidential or VP material. The woman is an empty vessel that thinks the continent of Africa is a country...

She is the LEAST qualified person I have EVER seen on the national stage...

Only the lunatic fringe remains of the GOP...

god damn america

--obama's preacher of 20 years....

Barack knows what it means living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people. Hillary would never know that. Hillary ain’t never been called a ******. Hillary has never had a people defined as a non-person

-- obama's preacher of 20 years....

"rev" wright influenced obama so much that "rev" wright inspired one of obama's propaganda books....

LOL. Just keep saying that. Just keep ignoring real issues. Gotta love these Rushpublicans. 70 Dem Senators, 2010

Sarah Palin was pulling crowds of 40,000 when McCain was pulling crowds of 10,000.

We all just saw how much the Marxist-Media covered the Tea Parties, do you expect they'd have covered how popular Palin actually was?

McCain visited my town and went to some Hotel to speak. Palin visited my town and they had to put her in the livestock event center which could hold upwards of some 50,000 people.

Big Whoop. And Obama was pulling in crowds that were larger than the combined crowds of Palin and McCain. But go ahead and make Palin the standard bearer of the new Rushpublican Party. You have my full support.

Forum List

Back