GOP Risks Becoming "Religious Party" - McCain Advisor

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Toro, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,066
    McCain Strategist Warns GOP Risks Becoming 'Religious Party' - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

2. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    In spite of a few flaws, I still like McCain, and this is a good example of why.

3. Yurt

Yurt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,038
    god damn america

--obama's preacher of 20 years....

Barack knows what it means living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people. Hillary would never know that. Hillary ain’t never been called a ******. Hillary has never had a people defined as a non-person

-- obama's preacher of 20 years....

"rev" wright influenced obama so much that "rev" wright inspired one of obama's propaganda books....

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  4. KittenKoder

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    You do realize women are marginalized more even today, look what happens any time we call someone out on sexual harassment ...

Reality is: everyone is marginalized or oppressed by someone, this won't change. As long as the laws do not do this then we are all equal.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Evangelical

Evangelical Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The simple fact remains that some states will not tolerate homosexual marriage and those states will abandon any party which supports it. The Republicans have no choice but to be traditionalist, because many conservatives are traditionalists anyway.

Besides, California, a state where out of 9 million voters 6 million voted for Obama, still banned gay marriage by the same landslide victory that Obama won the white house. This proves that the issue of gay marriage is beyond religious and is more "traditional" and bridges parties. Gay marriage will undoubtedly redefine the political consensus in the US, I believe it will divide the country more regionally than before since Segregation.

6. garyd

garyd Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +401
    And now we know why McCain lost in a landslide.

7. KittenKoder

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    If McCain was any different I wouldn't have considered him better than Obama, and if he hadn't picked a VP that was so bullish I would have actually voted instead of just hoping that other voters would be wise enough to let them know that we want better choices from the Democrats.

8. Indiana Oracle

Indiana Oracle The Truth is Hard to Find

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +65
    If the Reps are to have any chance of coming back, they need to clean out the leadership, stop making religion per se a platform, and get back to basic, sound principles of governance and fiscal responsibility.

McCain was a fighter pilot who wanted to run the armed forces. A highly principled man, really weak on domestic and economic issues, and, underneath it all, one could not help but feel there was something not right. Wrong nominee crowning off the Rep's unassisted suicide.

9. KittenKoder

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    Thus why Palin was truly a bad choice for VP. If he had chosen one that would have filled in his flaws better then he would have been a great candidate. I fear that he will not want to try again though, too many attacks on his age in my opinion. People marginalize the VP really, but they can balance a president in some cases and help them in an advisory capacity. Not sure who he could have picked better, but from what I had heard from Alaskans, Palin was not the wise choice.

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I agree, though I'm hoping their time is running out. Looking for new party with emphasis on government, not people's behavior. Smaller, more efficient government, less intrusive.