GOP Risks Becoming "Religious Party" - McCain Advisor

She is the LEAST qualified person I have EVER seen on the national stage...

Really.... that would make you how old.... 5?

I'm old enough to remember Harry S. Truman...

You'd have to have the brain OF a 5 year old to support someone with such LITTLE intelligence as empty vessel Sarah...

Besides her ignorance, she's a fundie "end timer" nut case...

Empty vessel Sarah believes the war in Iraq is "God's plan", that humans and dinosaurs walked the earth at the same time and she fully believes the signs of Jesus returning soon "during MY lifetime," were obvious. "I can see that, maybe you can't - but it guides me every day." she told Phil Munger.
Daily Kos: Sarah Palin's Theocratic End Times

JUST the kind of nut bag we need with her finger on the nuclear button!

Besides, California, a state where out of 9 million voters 6 million voted for Obama, still banned gay marriage by the same landslide victory that Obama won the white house. This proves that the issue of gay marriage is beyond religious and is more "traditional" and bridges parties. Gay marriage will undoubtedly redefine the political consensus in the US, I believe it will divide the country more regionally than before since Segregation.

I would guess that .1% of those who voted for Prop. 8 weren't religious people. In fact, I'll start a poll here on the forum to see if we can't determine a statistical correlation. Gay marriage is not a traditionalist issue, it's a religious one. Wake up!

Besides, California, a state where out of 9 million voters 6 million voted for Obama, still banned gay marriage by the same landslide victory that Obama won the white house. This proves that the issue of gay marriage is beyond religious and is more "traditional" and bridges parties. Gay marriage will undoubtedly redefine the political consensus in the US, I believe it will divide the country more regionally than before since Segregation.

I would guess that .1% of those who voted for Prop. 8 weren't religious people. In fact, I'll start a poll here on the forum to see if we can't determine a statistical correlation. Gay marriage is not a traditionalist issue, it's a religious one. Wake up!

I would not totally agree with that.. there are traditionalists that do not believe in gay 'marriage', who are not inherently religious or against it because of it being a religious issue

I am not against it because of my religious beliefs.. in fact, I am all for equal benefits/rights that make civil unions with identical rights to married couples.. but I am not for the redefinition of the term marriage because this minority wants to do so... a marriage is the traditional union between a man and a woman... if a gay couple wishes to be declared a civil union (or whatever other term) by the government, in order to file taxes that way, have insurance benefits as a family, or whatever.. all well and good... but I am not for redefining what a marriage is... hell, if the government wants to consider married persons in a civil union for government record purposes, fine... but married has a definition and a tradition in that definition... and just as you cannot claim to be a dog because you feel or wish it to be so, you also cannot claim to be married as a male to another male or a female to another female

I would not totally agree with that.. there are traditionalists that do not believe in gay 'marriage', who are not inherently religious or against it because of it being a religious issue

I am not against it because of my religious beliefs.. in fact, I am all for equal benefits/rights that make civil unions with identical rights to married couples.. but I am not for the redefinition of the term marriage because this minority wants to do so... a marriage is the traditional union between a man and a woman... if a gay couple wishes to be declared a civil union (or whatever other term) by the government, in order to file taxes that way, have insurance benefits as a family, or whatever.. all well and good... but I am not for redefining what a marriage is... hell, if the government wants to consider married persons in a civil union for government record purposes, fine... but married has a definition and a tradition in that definition... and just as you cannot claim to be a dog because you feel or wish it to be so, you also cannot claim to be married as a male to another male or a female to another female

Yes... and such has been around for CENTURIES... its called INCORPORATION and it's designed to PROVIDE A SINGULAR LEGAL ENTITY WHERE MULTIPLE PARTIES JOIN... for whatever purpose so as to pursue a common goal.

So since it is INCONTESTABLE that the queers HAVE the means to file papers of incorporation and REJECT THAT PERFECTLY SUITED ALTERNATIVE... what then must one come to conclude with regard to their demand that the culture shift on its axis and redefine the stadard of its nuclues?

We can ONLY CONCLUDE THAT THE GOAL IS NOT LEGAL< IT IS CULTURAL... Queers want to become NORMAL... only without all the trouble of actually BEING NORMAL. thus they want to subvert the cultural norm.

And we can be sure that at some point, the power of MODERATION and the desire to be CENTRIST in ones INDEPENDENCE... thus not take ANY STAND which requires an understanding of sound principle WILL result, inevitably int he Normalization of Perversion and our culture will suffer the catastrophic effects of the litanny of UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES of yet ANOTHER CALAMITY BORN IN LEFT-THINK.

Marriage has all but been reduced to a status of MEANINGLESS... thanks to the forces of tolerance and understanding... which are the ones who proudly point to the RESULT of their policy failures as they rationalize why the culture should Normalize Deviancy... "OVER 50% of Marriages Fail Anyway!"... so why not just kill off the entire notion, by destroying the ONE REMAINING threshold which was necessary to cross into it.

"What could POSSIBLY go wrong from THERE?"

You'd have to have the brain OF a 5 year old to support someone with such LITTLE intelligence as empty vessel Sarah...

Empty vessel Sarah believes the war in Iraq is "God's plan", that humans and dinosaurs walked the earth at the same time and she fully believes the signs of Jesus returning soon "during MY lifetime," were obvious. "I can see that, maybe you can't - but it guides me every day." she told Phil Munger.

Don't spin.... this is what you said....
Bfgrn said:
... and to me, that was a very ignorant thing to say.

obama had/has less experience than Palin, yet you lick his sack as if he's the end all, be all of masters of the universe, when he's nothing more than a junior senator/community organizer. On the other hand Palin is governor of the largest state in America.

Your hypocrisy is petty and transparent.

Last edited:

Don't spin.... this is what you said....
Bfgrn said:
... and to me, that was a very ignorant thing to say.

obama had/has less experience than Palin, yet you lick his sack as if he's the end all, be all of masters of the universe, when he's nothing more than a junior senator/community organizer. On the other hand Palin is governor of the largest state in America.

Your hypocrisy is petty and transparent.
I said:
She is the LEAST qualified person I have EVER seen on the national stage

Qualified - able, capable, competent

Obama - able, capable, competent
Palin - UNable, INcapable, INcompetent

YOU said:
obama had/has less experience than Palin

Experience - go or live through

Palin can experience, go or live through being UNable, INcapable, INcompetent for the next 100 years; she will STILL be the LEAST qualified person I have EVER seen on the national stage.

Ok, Obama is less qualified than Palin.

Palin' state, Alaska, has a budget surplus and is in a strong economic condition.

Obama's Union is falling apart, and has 1 million tea party protesters throwing tea bags at him while he tries to "articulate" (between all the 'um's) how he is going to nationalize the banks and largest industries in the US like his butt-buddy Chavez.

Actually making it a Christian party may be a winner. It worked in Germany. Why would it not work in the US.

Because the Christian Democrat party is not really Christian. Most Germans would not be supportive of what evangelicals believe in America.

Evangelicals don't consider themselves the only Christians, so how can you claim Germans aren't Christian because they disagree with Evangelicals?

Look. For the record I am a person who lives as best as he can by Christian principles. But I am not going to discuss the matter further. Why? It is no one's business. And it is none of my business to convince anyone one way or another about so personal a matter either.

What we are talking about here is not righting the secular progressive-induced leaking ship of moral compass. We are talking about politics. If the Reps were to get back to good governance and fiscal responsibility America would follow. There is nothing substantive for Christians to hang their hats on inside the left's agenda.

So many Americans vote religiously that it only makes sense one party appeals to them, for some reason you deny this - WE ARE NOT A SECULAR NATION.

Only 15% of the country, at most, is secular.

yea.. that.. and the fucking Constitution.. but hey.. who needs THAT document when dogma junkies want a repeat of the crusades.

So many Americans vote religiously that it only makes sense one party appeals to them, for some reason you deny this - WE ARE NOT A SECULAR NATION.

Only 15% of the country, at most, is secular.

What, the party that likes war, hates the poor, and pollutes the earth?

I'm confused.

Which party did you think has more Christian values?

I say the Democratic Party. I disagree with the Democratic Party's stand on abortion, but the Republican Party doesn't want to outlaw it either.

They'd lose a major voting block if they achieved success in that endeavour.

The Republican Party wants abortion to be alive and well. Don't fool yourself into thinking they actually care about kids, born or unborn.

The Republican Party has only had one master its entire existence: Industry.

Ok, Obama is less qualified than Palin.

Palin' state, Alaska, has a budget surplus and is in a strong economic condition.

Obama's Union is falling apart, and has 1 million tea party protesters throwing tea bags at him while he tries to "articulate" (between all the 'um's) how he is going to nationalize the banks and largest industries in the US like his butt-buddy Chavez.

Sarah Palin is NOT presidential material and will NEVER be president...

Her most damaging critics are Republicans...

Republican senator says Palin not qualified to be president
Republican Senator Chuck Hagel publicly questioned his party's vice presidential nominee, Sarah Palin, arguing that she is not ready to serve in the White House.

"I think it's a stretch to, in any way, to say that she's got the experience to be president of the United States," Hagel said in an interview with the Omaha World Herald.

Is the GOP Waving Bye-Bye to Sarah Palin?
Worse than Dan Quayle before her, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's bright star has fast faded in the eyes of Washington Republican officials and analysts, calling into question her efforts to become a national party figure ready to run for the White House. "She's just not ready for prime time," said a party strategist who has worked for former President Bush. "I mean, she's starting to look like she's having trouble being governor of Alaska."

George Will: Palin Is Not Qualified
Famed conservative columnist George Will told a gathering of Senate aides on Monday that Gov. Sarah Palin is "obviously" not prepared to assume the presidency if necessary

Colin Powell endorses Obama, says Palin unqualified
But it was a surprise — at least to our ears — to hear the 71-year-old Powell so roundly declare that Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin was not qualified to be president of the United States.

Barack Hussein Obama IS the President of the United States for the next 8 years....

Hey, who knows, maybe the President of the United States, Barack Hussein Obama, will appoint Sarah the empty vessel ambassador to the country of Africa when she's voted out of office in the next election...

BUT...Africa is a CONTINENT...

never mind...

Palin was not impressive during the McCain campaign but neither was his campaign. McCain couldn't implement a one-car funeral and no one around McCain will ever prosper because he is a single-minded, inwardly focused person; not a real leader at all.

But crossing Palin off at this juncture or assuming the matter of her future in national politics is closed, is an iffy position.

Get back to me, Bfgrn, when Obama manages to look like something other than an incompetent leftist hack who can barely put three syllables together without a teleprompter in front of him, and can actually go over seas without taking time to kiss some Islamic or leftist butt.

Meh, just because Obama is a moron doesn't mean Palin would have been better. Even then, Palin wasn't running for president, McCain was. The shift to McCains campaign mentioned when Palin was chosen as his VP was likely due to the disgruntled female voters when Hilary lost the Democrat seat, not because Palin was better than McCain. Just as the approval ratings for Obama had a slight spike when he added Hilary to his own administration. However had McCain done more to show he was serious when he first mentioned a push for better "separation of church and state" laws instead of picking someone who constantly talked about their religious ideals in politics he could have taken in more undecided and independent voters than Obama, and he probably would have had a string victory instead of a crushing defeat. I was embarrassed for out country at how this last election went, not to mention ashamed because of how much Obama had won by. It only reinforced my contention that modern pop-culture is ruining us now.

Bfgrn whose opinions matter? RINO "advisers" and "strategists"? Or the voters.

No one's listening to your sources any more.

All the pollsters show that Hillary voters ended up voting for Obama...

Meh, just because Obama is a moron doesn't mean Palin would have been better. Even then, Palin wasn't running for president, McCain was. The shift to McCains campaign mentioned when Palin was chosen as his VP was likely due to the disgruntled female voters when Hilary lost the Democrat seat, not because Palin was better than McCain. Just as the approval ratings for Obama had a slight spike when he added Hilary to his own administration. However had McCain done more to show he was serious when he first mentioned a push for better "separation of church and state" laws instead of picking someone who constantly talked about their religious ideals in politics he could have taken in more undecided and independent voters than Obama, and he probably would have had a string victory instead of a crushing defeat. I was embarrassed for out country at how this last election went, not to mention ashamed because of how much Obama had won by. It only reinforced my contention that modern pop-culture is ruining us now.

McCain was not the 'best' the GOP had to offer, but he made it to the end. Once he chose Palin, the end.

Palin is not the future for the near future. Might she 'mature?' Maybe. Lots and lots of missteps. That she drew such 'numbers?' That were the 'Evangelical' type of 'conservatives.' Not mainstream 'conservatives.'

At least McCain didn't turn into a babbling retard on the campaign trail.

That's what happened to Obama, and he claimed he hadn't got much sleep.

So a 77 year old fart could out last Obama in a marathon apparently...that's disconcerting.

McCain was not the 'best' the GOP had to offer, but he made it to the end. Once he chose Palin, the end.

Palin is not the future for the near future. Might she 'mature?' Maybe. Lots and lots of missteps. That she drew such 'numbers?' That were the 'Evangelical' type of 'conservatives.' Not mainstream 'conservatives.'

Annie, Palin lit up the Conservative base... Without Palin, I would not have voted for McCain... I would have written myself in and filled out the rest of my ballot; and a TON of Conservatives did not vote DESPITE Palin... but I've not found a single example anywhere of an actual conservative that rejected Palin... to the contrary, had Palin been at the head of the Ticket, she'd be President right now.

Last edited:
At least McCain didn't turn into a babbling retard on the campaign trail.

That's what happened to Obama, and he claimed he hadn't got much sleep.

So a 77 year old fart could out last Obama in a marathon apparently...that's disconcerting.

But he won. Biden beat Palin.

Forum List

Back