GOP refuses to accept victory in surreal debt ceiling fight

GOP refuses to accept victory in surreal debt ceiling fight - The Plum Line - The Washington Post

The GOP have shown tonight with their newest plan that they have no intention of actually cutting the deficit or wanting to raise the debt ceiling. They want to play politics with this country's economy all the way through election day on the chance it will better get them the White House.

There is no reason for any Conservative on this board to support the Boehner plan over the Reid plan unless they want to see the U.S suffer in order to hurt President Obama's chances at reelection.

It would seem to be a victory if the GOP was dealing with honorable people. Reid can't be trusted and the former community activist ain't got a clue. You have to ask yourself, would democrats even be talking about the economy if the GOP didn't win the majority in congress last fall? Thank God republicans put some sense into the mess that democrats started more than four years ago when they allowed or caused Fannie Mae to collapse.

Same old strawman partisan BS don't you ever get tired of the whole Democrats are devils and Republicans are God flap? I know I am and if you're honest you would admit that both are messed up, The Republitards care no more about the economy than the Democrats.
There is certainly some truth in what you say. It is as always, all about politics. However, there is something a bit new. The Tea Party has been pretty vocal about wanting to see a crisis in order that the government could be rebuilt from the ground up. Since the Tea Party is controlling the House, they can certainly bring about the disaster that they are seeking. I can never remember a time when a large segment of congress wanted to destroy the economy. It's been done before but not intentionally.

Forum List

Back