CDZ GOP please vote per deanrd: Do you oppose Education and Health care? or Federalization of them?

I vote GOP (please specify GOP affiliation) and OPPOSE the following:

• Education

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Health Care

• Federal centralized control instead of people and states managing them more effectively

Votes: 18 94.7%
  • Other reason or policy you OPPOSE if not clarified above

• Please specify if you vote GOP as a Conservative Constitutionalist Christian or Tea Party etc.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gender Identity is based on internal personality and spiritual processes
beyond just the physical anatomy. Science could one day prove that something
is happening in the womb to affect the NEUROLOGICAL wiring that influences
someone's gender id or sexual orientation, but SCIENCE can also PROVE that
spiritual healing therapy has CHANGED some people's orientation or identity.

False false and false. There is no such thing as "gender identity" You are either male or female (with the rare exception of a few that have chromosome abnormalities)

How you FEEL doesn't change the facts of your chromosomes. I mean your CHROMOSOMES control , for example, your hair color. If you have black hair and say "I feel like I'm a blonde" You aren't suddenly a blonde and if you demanded that others say you are, we would rightfully call you insane.

Likewise if you bleached your hair blonde, you still have black hair, you have merely altered it to appear to be blonde.

There are ZERO examples of a person having their gender changed. I say again ZERO.

So yes, in fact liberals are completely ignoring science when it comes to gender.

On a side note, I've figured out why your posts are so unpleasant to the eye. They are simply too long and bounce around too many different areas. You're obviously intelligent , but making your posts more enjoyable to read would make you appear that much more intelligent. Just my 5 cents.

There are people with birth defects whose parents have to choose what 'sex' they will raise them as; many, over 90%, stay with the 'sex' they were raised as children. These are a very small number of people, of course.

download the book My Genes Made Me Do It!

The online version is frequently updated to discuss new studies in the field. It's free, but those who want hard copies will have to pay, of course. The author is a Ph.D. in Bio-chemistry, and weeds out the nonsense and crappy scientific methodological that dominate the field.
I , of course, made the note of the very small number of children who have real biological defects which confuse the issue. The majority of "trans sexuals " do not fall into this category.

The majority of their lives will be spent interacting with adult peers, not child peers. And yes, government school IS all about teaching kids to sit down and shut up. When a kid has trouble doing that, they want to medicate the energy out of him, and if that fails they put him in special ed, where it's very difficult to get any kind of education.

Do you honestly think kid learn more social graces from other kids or from their parents? Who teaches children how to be polite, adults or other kids? Who teaches then to apologize when they hurt someone, their parents or other kids?

I'm not a fan of home schooling. I've seen FAR too many examples of it being done wrong, and I've seen zero statistics that prove that home schooled children outperform public school children.

Now private and charter schools with actual teachers, they are a different matter altogether.

It depends how it's done and for what purpose. If the parents are not fully committed to doing the necessary work, and if they do not use a quality curriculum, they likely will fail. Done correctly, however, it is very difficult to outperform a one on one teaching environment.

I've known far too many parents who were trying to learn the subject matter as they taught it to their kids. That is no way to teach.

That's when a quality online curriculum can be invaluable. Then a parent doesn't have to be well versed in a subject, because there are teachers available to help. I have first hand experience with this. Both my wife and I have degrees, but when it came to helping our son, who has Aspbergers (he now is an AVP in IT at a financial firm), graduate from high school, it was nice to have teachers literally a chat window or phone call away. They graded his work and kept all the records.

We have experience with government, private, and home school. At the time, the government school didn't have any idea what Aspbergers is and were getting ready to put him in special ed. We said no.

My position is, determined, committed parents can educate their kids better than the government school system can.

Of course determined, committed parents can educate their children better than a government school can , because who SHOULD be more committed a child's education than their own parents, however we both know that is often not the case with home schooled children, too often in fact.

While there are parents who should not be homeschooling, I do not believe that statistics would show that it is often the case. I would like to see the evidence for that.

I'm not a fan of home schooling. I've seen FAR too many examples of it being done wrong, and I've seen zero statistics that prove that home schooled children outperform public school children.

Now private and charter schools with actual teachers, they are a different matter altogether.

It depends how it's done and for what purpose. If the parents are not fully committed to doing the necessary work, and if they do not use a quality curriculum, they likely will fail. Done correctly, however, it is very difficult to outperform a one on one teaching environment.

I've known far too many parents who were trying to learn the subject matter as they taught it to their kids. That is no way to teach.

That's when a quality online curriculum can be invaluable. Then a parent doesn't have to be well versed in a subject, because there are teachers available to help. I have first hand experience with this. Both my wife and I have degrees, but when it came to helping our son, who has Aspbergers (he now is an AVP in IT at a financial firm), graduate from high school, it was nice to have teachers literally a chat window or phone call away. They graded his work and kept all the records.

We have experience with government, private, and home school. At the time, the government school didn't have any idea what Aspbergers is and were getting ready to put him in special ed. We said no.

My position is, determined, committed parents can educate their kids better than the government school system can.

Of course determined, committed parents can educate their children better than a government school can , because who SHOULD be more committed a child's education than their own parents, however we both know that is often not the case with home schooled children, too often in fact.

While there are parents who should not be homeschooling, I do not believe that statistics would show that it is often the case. I would like to see the evidence for that.

If we accept that public schools suck at preparing students for college, then we must also admit that home schooled students only graduating college at around a 11% higher rate isn't all that impressive given that we're talking about preparing your own children for college.

https://www.usnews.com/education/hi...12/06/01/home-schooled-teens-ripe-for-college

Hilariously though, I accidentally found another actual study that proves DeanRD is wrong, again. Is that guy ever right? Turns out that home schooled kids are better socialized than public school educated children.............

If we accept that public schools suck at preparing students for college, then we must also admit that home schooled students only graduating college at around a 11% higher rate isn't all that impressive given that we're talking about preparing your own children for college.

https://www.usnews.com/education/hi...12/06/01/home-schooled-teens-ripe-for-college

Hilariously though, I accidentally found another actual study that proves DeanRD is wrong, again. Is that guy ever right? Turns out that home schooled kids are better socialized than public school educated children.............

He's rarely right, and doesn't care. He's not trying to do anything more than spew hate.

I don't claim that home schooling is the right choice for everyone, or even for most. I do, however, maintain that it is a powerful tool for parents who really care about getting their children a good education and don't have confidence they can in a classroom. It's not an easy option.

How about it deanrd , the study I posted a link to HOUR ago clearly shows that as a matter of factual information children who are home schooled are more socialized than children from public schools , which directly contradicts one of your claims in this thread. Yet instead of just saying "okay I was wrong" you have chosen to avoid the thread.

Be a man and come back to the thread and admit that you hate facts.

deanrd posted in another thread that
GOP oppose Education and Health Care.

If you are GOP will you please vote in the
attached poll, what are you really against?

Education and Health Care?
or
"Federal centralized control" of these
instead of managing choices democratically
by people and states more effectively?

Can we settle this once and for all
what it is that Conservatives/GOP are opposed to?

Thanks!
I'm confused,,,

the GOP has always been in favor of government ran healthcare and education

or

Thanks!
Here is my answer.

Get President Trump's opinion.

Then, get Sen. Ted Cruz's opinion.

Finally, get Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity's opinion.

One of those four opinions is most likely going to be close to my own or be one I would endorse.

The beauty of a representative government is that if you make the right choice of representatives, it makes it easier to let them do the detailed work of finding the right path to follow.

All I have to do is trust them.

Then I can spend my time watching game shows or soap operas or what have you.

Sent from my LG-M154 using Tapatalk

2susqm.jpg

False false and false. There is no such thing as "gender identity" You are either male or female (with the rare exception of a few that have chromosome abnormalities)

How you FEEL doesn't change the facts of your chromosomes. I mean your CHROMOSOMES control , for example, your hair color. If you have black hair and say "I feel like I'm a blonde" You aren't suddenly a blonde and if you demanded that others say you are, we would rightfully call you insane.

Likewise if you bleached your hair blonde, you still have black hair, you have merely altered it to appear to be blonde.

There are ZERO examples of a person having their gender changed. I say again ZERO.

So yes, in fact liberals are completely ignoring science when it comes to gender.

On a side note, I've figured out why your posts are so unpleasant to the eye. They are simply too long and bounce around too many different areas. You're obviously intelligent , but making your posts more enjoyable to read would make you appear that much more intelligent. Just my 5 cents.

Dear DandyDonovan
There is both physical gender and male dominant or female dominant personalities.

Now, you can join in agreement with Christian spiritualists
who believe these "other personalities are demonic"
There is a whole science to studying that realm of influence on human behavior.
(see books by Scott Peck "People of the Lie" and "Glimpses of the Devil")

I personally have experienced the equivalent of "male personas" or
"male voices" speaking through me, as part of my spiritual makeup
but not being the "same as me." I even published a whole collection
of letters written by a "male voice or persona" which I publicly posted
online for future study of this spiritual process I am fascinated with:
http://www.isocracytx.net/hp-org/letters.html
some people call these "entities" either angels or demons,
but many people I know who believe the LGBT issues are a form
of mental illness blame "demonic" influences for these disorders in people.

I have met people with both male and female spiritual personalities
which may or may not reconcile with their physical manifestation.

Most people I find have a combination of male/female ENERGY.

The best explanation I've heard of this, is that the energy or spirit is
more fluid, and the PERSONALITY or SOUL of the person is like
a "sock" and the physical body is like the SHOE.

When we talk about physical gender that the law recognizes it is the SHOE.
When we talk about the spiritual gender (that is faith based and no govt
policy should ever be involved in what people believe or don't believe)
that is the SOCK.

I'm talking about the spirit that goes into the SOCK and the SHOE.

That's fine DandyDonovan if you only believe
in talking about the physical SHOE. If that's all we
can prove by science, that's the only thing we can
call public knowledge that Govt can base policies or definitions on .

the other two levels are purely FAITH BASED
and by nature should not be mixed in with govt or public policy.
It's up to people to decide what we believe or don't believe,
and should never impose or expect others to change their beliefs
which are their free choice and not govt's business to mess with.

Oh, so the non physical gender levels are faith based? Why didn't you just say so?

In that case, leftists need to keep their god damned religion out of my government. How about that?
It’s not us that keeps trying to bring religion into government. Duh!

There's nothing wrong with politicians leading from positions of faith, and there's nothing wrong with our government referencing it.

You're just anti-American. You hate freedom of every sort..particularly freedom of religion.

My solution if you think government is *too religious* is to shrink the government footprint. If you think they're pushing an agenda you don't like, then just remove their scope. That's how you deal with government.
There's nothing wrong with politicians leading from positions of faith, and there's nothing wrong with our government referencing it.

That’s one of the most ignorant things I’ve ever seen on the USMB.

I don’t want a leader who governs on a wish. Even worse a “gut feeling” like Donald Trump.

There are people with birth defects whose parents have to choose what 'sex' they will raise them as; many, over 90%, stay with the 'sex' they were raised as children. These are a very small number of people, of course.

The online version is frequently updated to discuss new studies in the field. It's free, but those who want hard copies will have to pay, of course. The author is a Ph.D. in Bio-chemistry, and weeds out the nonsense and crappy scientific methodological that dominate the field.
I , of course, made the note of the very small number of children who have real biological defects which confuse the issue. The majority of "trans sexuals " do not fall into this category.
And you know… How?

Personal experience?

And you know… How?

Personal experience?

It's called science Deanrd . We know you hate it.

Oops, I guess that study refuted Deanrd's opinions with facts so he'll just make excuses to not address it.

or

Thanks!
Some things need to be either socialized or more heavily regulated. Or have a public option for poor or cheap young people

or

Thanks!
/----/ I oppose BAD education and SUPPORT good education. I support QUALITY healthcare, but I'm against SUBSTANDARD healthcare. But deanrd won't make the distinction
BTW - great way to call out a libtard on his strawman arguments.

Here deanrd
You have someone responding who isn't just what I said either.
Cellblock2429 spells it out more articulately in
* opposing BAD education and supporting GOOD education
* opposing SUBSTANDARD health care and supporting QUALITY health care

Is this clarification more FAIR as to why
GOP oppose what you call "education and health care"

It's the STANDARDS you are proposing that are
the reason for OPPOSITION.

Please let me know if this is more accurate.
You and GOP members do not agree that the
STANDARDS you propose on Education/Health Care
are justifiable to support. Yes or no?

Thanks Cellblock2429
Let me guess your healthcare is affordable now? Sos mine. What about all the people it’s not?

Forum List

Back