CDZ GOP please vote per deanrd: Do you oppose Education and Health care? or Federalization of them?

I vote GOP (please specify GOP affiliation) and OPPOSE the following:

• Education

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Health Care

• Federal centralized control instead of people and states managing them more effectively

Votes: 18 94.7%
  • Other reason or policy you OPPOSE if not clarified above

• Please specify if you vote GOP as a Conservative Constitutionalist Christian or Tea Party etc.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh my God. These Republicans are hilarious. Scary, but hilarious.
They posted statistics showing that Americans aren’t as good as in math or science or whatever. And what they’re showing is the results of what kids from other countries have been studying, which is common core.
So they’re saying look, our students don’t do as well as students that have common core and we don’t want our students to have common core because it’s too restrictive.
And then they say our students should learn math science English and list the subjects which is basically common core. So what they’re doing is they’re arguing against common core and then putting up statistics saying this is what our students should be learning and the statistics they put up are the results of common core. They have no idea what they’re talking about.....again.

Com·mon Core
noun
  1. (in the US) a set of educational standards for teaching and testing English and mathematics between kindergarten and 12th grade.
    "the Common Core outlines skills and knowledge that public school students should acquire in each grade"

Here Dean gets smacked by facts again. People who actually study this , rather than just being retired engineers who always defend everything Democrat, are also concerned that Common Core isn't doing what it was supposed to do (that being make our schools competitive world wide)

https://www.usnews.com/news/special...w-does-common-core-compare-to-other-countries
It’s not that easy fighting Republicans constantly. Look at what they did to Obama. Publicly announcing that they would do everything they could to destroy his presidency even if it hurt the country. These are the people you’re dealing with. They hate blacks more than they love their own children.

You have a serious derangement going there. Get help.
It’s believing trumps nonsense that is truly a sign of derangement. Do you believe the wall is almost done?

Gender Identity is based on internal personality and spiritual processes
beyond just the physical anatomy. Science could one day prove that something
is happening in the womb to affect the NEUROLOGICAL wiring that influences
someone's gender id or sexual orientation, but SCIENCE can also PROVE that
spiritual healing therapy has CHANGED some people's orientation or identity.

False false and false. There is no such thing as "gender identity" You are either male or female (with the rare exception of a few that have chromosome abnormalities)

How you FEEL doesn't change the facts of your chromosomes. I mean your CHROMOSOMES control , for example, your hair color. If you have black hair and say "I feel like I'm a blonde" You aren't suddenly a blonde and if you demanded that others say you are, we would rightfully call you insane.

Likewise if you bleached your hair blonde, you still have black hair, you have merely altered it to appear to be blonde.

There are ZERO examples of a person having their gender changed. I say again ZERO.

So yes, in fact liberals are completely ignoring science when it comes to gender.

On a side note, I've figured out why your posts are so unpleasant to the eye. They are simply too long and bounce around too many different areas. You're obviously intelligent , but making your posts more enjoyable to read would make you appear that much more intelligent. Just my 5 cents.

Dear DandyDonovan
There is both physical gender and male dominant or female dominant personalities.

Now, you can join in agreement with Christian spiritualists
who believe these "other personalities are demonic"
There is a whole science to studying that realm of influence on human behavior.
(see books by Scott Peck "People of the Lie" and "Glimpses of the Devil")

I personally have experienced the equivalent of "male personas" or
"male voices" speaking through me, as part of my spiritual makeup
but not being the "same as me." I even published a whole collection
of letters written by a "male voice or persona" which I publicly posted
online for future study of this spiritual process I am fascinated with:
http://www.isocracytx.net/hp-org/letters.html
some people call these "entities" either angels or demons,
but many people I know who believe the LGBT issues are a form
of mental illness blame "demonic" influences for these disorders in people.

I have met people with both male and female spiritual personalities
which may or may not reconcile with their physical manifestation.

Most people I find have a combination of male/female ENERGY.

The best explanation I've heard of this, is that the energy or spirit is
more fluid, and the PERSONALITY or SOUL of the person is like
a "sock" and the physical body is like the SHOE.

When we talk about physical gender that the law recognizes it is the SHOE.
When we talk about the spiritual gender (that is faith based and no govt
policy should ever be involved in what people believe or don't believe)
that is the SOCK.

I'm talking about the spirit that goes into the SOCK and the SHOE.

That's fine DandyDonovan if you only believe
in talking about the physical SHOE. If that's all we
can prove by science, that's the only thing we can
call public knowledge that Govt can base policies or definitions on .

the other two levels are purely FAITH BASED
and by nature should not be mixed in with govt or public policy.
It's up to people to decide what we believe or don't believe,
and should never impose or expect others to change their beliefs
which are their free choice and not govt's business to mess with.

Oh, so the non physical gender levels are faith based? Why didn't you just say so?

In that case, leftists need to keep their god damned religion out of my government. How about that?
It’s not us that keeps trying to bring religion into government. Duh!

deanrd posted in another thread that
GOP oppose Education and Health Care.

If you are GOP will you please vote in the
attached poll, what are you really against?

Education and Health Care?
or
"Federal centralized control" of these
instead of managing choices democratically
by people and states more effectively?

Can we settle this once and for all
what it is that Conservatives/GOP are opposed to?

Thanks!

Well let's see.

Dims have had full control of both education and health care, but it seems that they acknowledge that they are both broken, even though the ink on Obamacare is not even dry yet. These same voices want to sell us another health care plan?

Maybe instead of the Left taking kids out of class to protest guns, maybe, just maybe, they will choose to educate children better so that the US does not continue to rank 48th in the world in science and math.
Well it seems to me that since Republicans don’t believe in science anyway things are working out great.

Dear deanrd
It seems they don't believe in the same scientific studies or findings you do:

1. on global warming, I've heard from both the older Democrat Liberals, the Libertarians
and Greens, and the older conservative Republicans as well that the OLDER patterns of
the earth and natural changes, and even the industry and agricultural work it takes to
feed the world's populations is already beyond what would be addressed by just the
SELECT issues argued by global warming politics. The problem is BIGGER than what
is being argued politically. So that's why both sides DISAGREE ON THE SCIENCE.
It's not that neither believes in science but they BOTH argue USING science to defend different conclusions.

2. Conservatives and Christians I know are arguing
that LIBERALS and LGBT aren't including SCIENCE
with both the GENDER issue of defining gender by genetics and science
and with the Right to Life issue of defining human beings by physical biology and process.

It's not that people are ignoring science
but focusing on different angles of human nature.

Aren't the LGBT and liberals equally accused of "ignoring science"
because both sides are looking at different processes of human nature?

3. deanrd if you are OKAY with people on the right
"arguing that liberals are ignoring science"
when it comes to LGBT advocacy, then I'm OKAY
with you complaining about Republicans "not believing in science"

I'd say you are both wrong to say this, but in the case of
ignoring the science of spiritual healing, and purporting that
homosexual orientation is ALWAYS natural and can never be changed,
I'd say the complaints AGAINST liberals are easier to prove.

The global warming arguments are harder to prove on both sides,
so in that case, I believe it's more productive and effective to stick to
correcting problems with pollution, cost effective sustainable energy
and development, and other areas we agree we can do something about.
So you’re saying conversion therapy works sometimes, but not every time?

False false and false. There is no such thing as "gender identity" You are either male or female (with the rare exception of a few that have chromosome abnormalities)

How you FEEL doesn't change the facts of your chromosomes. I mean your CHROMOSOMES control , for example, your hair color. If you have black hair and say "I feel like I'm a blonde" You aren't suddenly a blonde and if you demanded that others say you are, we would rightfully call you insane.

Likewise if you bleached your hair blonde, you still have black hair, you have merely altered it to appear to be blonde.

There are ZERO examples of a person having their gender changed. I say again ZERO.

So yes, in fact liberals are completely ignoring science when it comes to gender.

On a side note, I've figured out why your posts are so unpleasant to the eye. They are simply too long and bounce around too many different areas. You're obviously intelligent , but making your posts more enjoyable to read would make you appear that much more intelligent. Just my 5 cents.

Dear DandyDonovan
There is both physical gender and male dominant or female dominant personalities.

that is the SOCK.

Oh, so the non physical gender levels are faith based? Why didn't you just say so?

In that case, leftists need to keep their god damned religion out of my government. How about that?

There's nothing wrong with politicians leading from positions of faith, and there's nothing wrong with our government referencing it.

You're just anti-American. You hate freedom of every sort..particularly freedom of religion.

My solution if you think government is *too religious* is to shrink the government footprint. If you think they're pushing an agenda you don't like, then just remove their scope. That's how you deal with government.

Do I want my kids to learn from adults how to interact in a society of adults or do I want them to learn how to interact in a society of adults from a bunch of other kids? IOW, home schooling can help a LOT of kids who would otherwise be marginalized and never achieve their full potential. Grow up.
You mistake kids being told what to do with kids interacting with adults.

Kids need to be around other kids so they can learn social graces And how to interact with their peers.

The majority of their lives will be spent interacting with adult peers, not child peers. And yes, government school IS all about teaching kids to sit down and shut up. When a kid has trouble doing that, they want to medicate the energy out of him, and if that fails they put him in special ed, where it's very difficult to get any kind of education.

Do you honestly think kid learn more social graces from other kids or from their parents? Who teaches children how to be polite, adults or other kids? Who teaches then to apologize when they hurt someone, their parents or other kids?

I'm not a fan of home schooling. I've seen FAR too many examples of it being done wrong, and I've seen zero statistics that prove that home schooled children outperform public school children.

Now private and charter schools with actual teachers, they are a different matter altogether.

It depends how it's done and for what purpose. If the parents are not fully committed to doing the necessary work, and if they do not use a quality curriculum, they likely will fail. Done correctly, however, it is very difficult to outperform a one on one teaching environment.

I've known far too many parents who were trying to learn the subject matter as they taught it to their kids. That is no way to teach.

That's when a quality online curriculum can be invaluable. Then a parent doesn't have to be well versed in a subject, because there are teachers available to help. I have first hand experience with this. Both my wife and I have degrees, but when it came to helping our son, who has Aspbergers (he now is an AVP in IT at a financial firm), graduate from high school, it was nice to have teachers literally a chat window or phone call away. They graded his work and kept all the records.

We have experience with government, private, and home school. At the time, the government school didn't have any idea what Aspbergers is and were getting ready to put him in special ed. We said no.

My position is, determined, committed parents can educate their kids better than the government school system can.

Do I want my kids to learn from adults how to interact in a society of adults or do I want them to learn how to interact in a society of adults from a bunch of other kids? IOW, home schooling can help a LOT of kids who would otherwise be marginalized and never achieve their full potential. Grow up.

Kids need to be around other kids so they can learn social graces And how to interact with their peers.

The majority of their lives will be spent interacting with adult peers, not child peers. And yes, government school IS all about teaching kids to sit down and shut up. When a kid has trouble doing that, they want to medicate the energy out of him, and if that fails they put him in special ed, where it's very difficult to get any kind of education.

Do you honestly think kid learn more social graces from other kids or from their parents? Who teaches children how to be polite, adults or other kids? Who teaches then to apologize when they hurt someone, their parents or other kids?

I'm not a fan of home schooling. I've seen FAR too many examples of it being done wrong, and I've seen zero statistics that prove that home schooled children outperform public school children.

Now private and charter schools with actual teachers, they are a different matter altogether.

It depends how it's done and for what purpose. If the parents are not fully committed to doing the necessary work, and if they do not use a quality curriculum, they likely will fail. Done correctly, however, it is very difficult to outperform a one on one teaching environment.
Unless the parents don’t know anything.

How do you explain evolution to an older kid whose parents taught them that real science is magical creation?

That's dumb. All the Christan school curricula I've seen teach the theory of evolution along side creation. The kids know as much about it as the average government school graduate. Let's put it this way, how many home schooled kids have you actually run into a that literally didn't know what evolution is?

Do you see a common theme here?
Republicans whine and complain about education. But they don’t partake in it. They don’t want it. They don’t see the need for it. So they’re not really giving it a fair assessment.

Their lack of suggestions proves that they just don’t even want it.

Again, your derangement shows itself.

Could you imagine what would become of our country if we just got rid of the schools?

Well the rest of the world is studying electronics and artificial intelligence Republicans are teaching their children that we were shimmered into being from dirt.

That's stupid (again).

Unless the parents don’t know anything.

How do you explain evolution to an older kid whose parents taught them that real science is magical creation?

That's dumb. All the Christan school curricula I've seen teach the theory of evolution along side creation. The kids know as much about it as the average government school graduate. Let's put it this way, how many home schooled kids have you actually run into a that literally didn't know what evolution is?
They all are taught it. And yeah, they have a much better understanding of so called science than the kids in public schools get, because the teachers in the schools go out of their way to push it as an ideology, instead of science. They use the teaching of the theories as a way to jeer at and demean those who believe in God as the Creator.

I can't help but notice that DeanRD vacated this thread like it was the plague once he was asked to provide some actual facts to back up his opinions.

I think we all agree that his purpose is to rant about Republicans and nothing else. Discussing, presenting facts, even arguing is beyond his capabilities.

Oh my God. These Republicans are hilarious. Scary, but hilarious.
They posted statistics showing that Americans aren’t as good as in math or science or whatever. And what they’re showing is the results of what kids from other countries have been studying, which is common core.
So they’re saying look, our students don’t do as well as students that have common core and we don’t want our students to have common core because it’s too restrictive.
And then they say our students should learn math science English and list the subjects which is basically common core. So what they’re doing is they’re arguing against common core and then putting up statistics saying this is what our students should be learning and the statistics they put up are the results of common core. They have no idea what they’re talking about.....again.

Com·mon Core
noun
  1. (in the US) a set of educational standards for teaching and testing English and mathematics between kindergarten and 12th grade.
    "the Common Core outlines skills and knowledge that public school students should acquire in each grade"

Here Dean gets smacked by facts again. People who actually study this , rather than just being retired engineers who always defend everything Democrat, are also concerned that Common Core isn't doing what it was supposed to do (that being make our schools competitive world wide)

https://www.usnews.com/news/special...w-does-common-core-compare-to-other-countries
It’s not that easy fighting Republicans constantly. Look at what they did to Obama. Publicly announcing that they would do everything they could to destroy his presidency even if it hurt the country. These are the people you’re dealing with. They hate blacks more than they love their own children.

You have a serious derangement going there. Get help.
It’s believing trumps nonsense that is truly a sign of derangement. Do you believe the wall is almost done?
You simply have nothing to contribute beyond hatred of Republicans. Now you're trying to deflect attention onto believing in Trump. That's obsession and derangement. Get help.

Anybody who is curious about what is taught by homeschooling texts can find a broad sampling of them at most Half-Price bookstores, where many end up after the kids who used them have moved on to higher grades. You are correct.

they are also more comprehensive, and far cheaper than public school crap as well. You can find very good course materials for $900 a year or less, compared to public schools with per student costs of anywhere from $7,000'yr up, and don't teach kids squat.

I was in sixth grade when the idea of a Federal Department of Education was first mooted. The teacher reviewed what was being proposed and it was the class, after much discussion, that decided it would not be a good thing. That it smelled like Hitler at work (sixth grade for me was hot on the heels of World War II).

We got it right then and it's still right now.

There are people with birth defects whose parents have to choose what 'sex' they will raise them as; many, over 90%, stay with the 'sex' they were raised as children. These are a very small number of people, of course.

download the book My Genes Made Me Do It!

The online version is frequently updated to discuss new studies in the field. It's free, but those who want hard copies will have to pay, of course. The author is a Ph.D. in Bio-chemistry, and weeds out the nonsense and crappy scientific methodological that dominate the field.

Dear DandyDonovan

that is the SOCK.

Oh I forgot, it was Republicans who were talking about Jesus when Homeland Security was talking about the need for security fencing in Congressional hearings.................

Are you EVER honest bro?

I've known far too many parents who were trying to learn the subject matter as they taught it to their kids. That is no way to teach.

That's when a quality online curriculum can be invaluable. Then a parent doesn't have to be well versed in a subject, because there are teachers available to help. I have first hand experience with this. Both my wife and I have degrees, but when it came to helping our son, who has Aspbergers (he now is an AVP in IT at a financial firm), graduate from high school, it was nice to have teachers literally a chat window or phone call away. They graded his work and kept all the records.

We have experience with government, private, and home school. At the time, the government school didn't have any idea what Aspbergers is and were getting ready to put him in special ed. We said no.

My position is, determined, committed parents can educate their kids better than the government school system can.

Of course determined, committed parents can educate their children better than a government school can , because who SHOULD be more committed a child's education than their own parents, however we both know that is often not the case with home schooled children, too often in fact.

Forum List

Back