GOP News Flash: The real reason for soaring gas prices

Hey there you turd burgling colon commando, got a link for that bullshit?

What BULLSQUEEZE is that asswipe?[Nextime? DO your own RESEARCH]

gas20pump1.jpg

Nothing in there about how much they make I see............good link, tells nothing.

Am I on ignore, ABS? The feds make 18.4 cents.
Fuel taxes in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Profit for the oil companies is 9 cents a gallon

Currently, the economists have all said that the Wall St. speculators have added 50-56 cents per gallon purchased because of their bullshit.

This summer, gas was at 3.20 here in Amarillo, subtract what Wall St. took in, and gas prices would have been around 2.64 to 2.70 if it wasn't for them.

How much has the devaluation of the dollar driven up prices? Got a link, or are you gonna have The "T"ard parrot your bullshit again for ya?

However we have threads around here applauding Obama and the INCREASE of Wall Street gains attributing it to Obama...

HOW do YOU explain this phenom exactly?

How do I explain it? Same way I explained it in 2008 when I said that the oil companies were ripping off everyone, and they posted record profits after that.

Like I said, if you see the oil companies posting record profits again this summer, you're gonna know Obama didn't cause the increase.

It would be helpful if you'd pay attention once in a while, but I understand............that's why you're called The "T"ard.
Maybe you could follow up your '08 treatise by rendering an opinion on why oil prices fell by $100 in a 7 month time span.

Did the "speculator's bullshit" cause the crash in oil prices between June '08 to January '09?

Wax on, wax off.

Nothing in there about how much they make I see............good link, tells nothing.

Damn the REP system...!

You mean.......you waited until Meister came to bail you out.

I'm still serious though Meister, I'd be willing to bet that at the end of the 2nd quarter this year, oil companies will be posting record profits again.

Just wait.

Damn the REP system...!

I'm still serious though Meister, I'd be willing to bet that at the end of the 2nd quarter this year, oil companies will be posting record profits again.

Just wait.

*I* wait for NO ONE to baile ME out of anything...BOY.

There has been a lot of blame for oil prices on President Obama lately.
The GOP needs to emphasize this point in order to sway voters.

But when we look at the facts, there are simply too many speculators profiting from soaring gas prices. In short, the massive oil corporations and Hedge Fund managers are the real culprits. Here is a document leaked from 2008:

Energy holdings-wti-crude-oil

There is a deliberate effort to inflate the already outrageous prices of refined crude. Rick Ungar of Forbes magazine (not a flaming liberal rag, mind you) explains that refineries have been systematically shutting down in order to reduce national supply and jack up prices. Moreover, we see oil producers looking to sell domestic oil in foreign markets in order to boost demand. Not that there is anything illegal about that, but it certainly isn't helping out the American consumers by artificially increasing demand and reducing supply when we need the stuff to get to work and to get the economy back on track.

The Truth About Obama, Oil And The Gasoline Blame Game-Part Two - Forbes

Congressman Peter Welch (D-VT) tells how apprx 50 cents on each gallon of gasoline purchased goes to speculators rather than to refinement and production costs. That's about $15 going to Banking industry like Goldman Sachs every time you fill your tank!

After rumors send oil prices falling, Welch renews call on President to tap nation's oil reserves

Nevertheless, the GOP is still calling for less govt regulation in banking and oil industries. In spite of the evidence to the contrary, some of us continue to blame Obama for the lack of and real conviction to control rising prices.

If anything, this sets the stage for MORE govt regulation, not less. Unless, of course, everyone is happy with gas prices where they are currently.

Yep, this is free market Capitalism at its best. And you can sure as hell expect more of this if the GOP (aka "Frontmen for the Oil Industry") ever take back the White House.
Hmm. An opinion piece which favors the President's non existent energy policy and of course the expected hall pass.
Where was this when gas prices rose to $4 the first time? Nowhere. Your side blamed the Bush admin claiming both the President and the VP of deliberately sending prices higher to benefit "their rich oil company friends"...
You cannot have it both ways.
The fact is Obama is anti fossil fuels. His energy Secretary has been quoted many times he thinks gas prices here should be what they are in Western Europe.
Obama has dismissed any ideas to allow gas prices to settle. His answer to the people is " Americans must learn to use less gasoline"...
Now, the facts say that despite the liberal talking points listed above, the refining end of the oil business is very expensive here in the US. This is due to the layers of regulations and bureaucratic red tape.
BTW, just because an opinion piece appears in a publication that is perceived to not be biased ot the left, does not mean the piece cannot be of a liberal viewpoint.
The NY Times prints conservative viewpoints on occasion.

Last edited:
Damn the REP system...!

Just wait.

*I* wait for NO ONE to baile ME out of anything...BOY.

Yeah you do...........Meister posts links, you don't. Your whole basic type of posting is based on making wild ass assertions and waiting for someone else to make your point for you.

I almost never see you post links.

Damn the REP system...!

Just wait.

They may be.....but it's because more people are using more fuel, ABS. 9 cents a gallon is 9 cents a gallon.

Look at the size of these companies...and look at Exxon: Click on the pic for size
$worlds_largest_oil_and_gas_companies_2008.gif

Damn the REP system...!

Just wait.

They may be.....but it's because more people are using more fuel, ABS. 9 cents a gallon is 9 cents a gallon.

Look at the size of these companies...and look at Exxon: Click on the pic for size
View attachment 17884

Because you're speaking logically and The "T"ard isn't, do you have a link that verifies that oil companies make only 9 cents/gal?

Damn the REP system...!

Just wait.

View attachment 17884
I hardly SEE America in that graph.

What a shock.

Just wait.

View attachment 17884

Because you're speaking logically and The "T"ard isn't, do you have a link that verifies that oil companies make only 9 cents/gal?
The Cost of a Gallon of Gas :: ilovephysics.com

View attachment 17884

Rather have something other than an opinion piece. Real facts that can be verified if ya got 'em, because otherwise, I'd have to take this person's word (who doesn't really appear to be in the oil business).

Rather have something other than an opinion piece. Real facts that can be verified if ya got 'em, because otherwise, I'd have to take this person's word (who doesn't really appear to be in the oil business).

Caviat asshole? WHY?

Caviat asshole? WHY?

Because just like I'd rather hear from a legitimate doctor on medical issues, or would like to hear from a legitimate scientist on science issues, I'd like to hear about oil prices from someone who actually works in the business, instead of some physicist.

Would you trust Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson or Michio Kaku to tell you why gas prices are what they are? I wouldn't.

Oh yeah..........for uneducated people like you, those are 2 of the top physicists in the world.

Forum List

Back