GOP Maine candidate who insulted Parkland survivors drops out of race

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Political Junky, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Political Junky

Political Junky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,518
    Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

GOP Maine candidate who insulted Parkland survivors drops out of race

Republican Maine's House of Representatives candidate Leslie Gibson has dropped out of the race for Maine's House of Representatives, according to CNN. The move follows a backlash that ensued after he reportedly insulted two Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School students, Emma González and David Hogg, who have become leaders in the movement for gun control reform amongst American teens.

"I am not walking away with my head hung low. I am walking away with my head held high," Gibson told the Portland Press Herald. "It's the best thing for everybody.”

According to the Portland Press Herald, Gibson tweeted an apology to the students.

“I would like to extend to you my most sincere apology for how I addressed you. It was wrong and unacceptable. You are doing work that is important to you. I would like to extend my hand in friendship and understanding to you,” he said according to the Portland Press Herald.

This isn’t the first time a Republican has attacked on school shooting survivors.

Recall in February, opponents of gun control lied about Hogg, who became the center of a right-wing conspiracy theory, claiming that he was a "crisis actor" rather than a legitimate victim of the Feb. 14 shooting, according to The Washington Post. Donald Trump Jr., the president's son, reportedly liked a tweet promoting a conspiracy theory about Hogg, too.
    <more>

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  2. JOSweetHeart

JOSweetHeart Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,206
    To me, anyone who lashes out at those who survive should be kicked where it hurts.

God bless you and those who live to tell a story always!!!

Holly

3. Tipsycatlover

Tipsycatlover Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,799
    We know that these students are just pawns used by democrats we just should not say so.

4. dannyboys

dannyboys Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,503
    Since then there have been a couple of dozen 'news cycles'.
    Within a couple of weeks no one in the LIB media will even remember, or give a shit about the "kids".

5. deanrd

deanrd Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,366
    Maine Candidate Who Called Parkland Shooting Survivor ‘Skinhead Lesbian’ Drops Out Amid Outrage

Leslie Gibson, a Republican, had been running unopposed for a state House seat in Maine’s 57th district. On a Twitter account that has since been deactivated, Gibson insulted Emma Gonzalez and David Hogg, two students who survived the massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School that killed 17. Gonzalez and Hogg have since become prominent advocates for gun violence prevention.

According to the Press Herald, Gibson wrote of Gonzalez, 18, “There is nothing about this skinhead lesbian that impresses me and there is nothing that she has to say unless you’re a frothing at the mouth moonbat.”

The paper reports that he called Hogg, 17, a “bald-faced liar.”

After he became outspoken on gun issues, he became the focus of an unfounded conspiracy theory that he was a “crisis actor.”

“It’s annoying. I hate it. But it’s part of American democracy,” Hogg said in a phone interview with the Washington Post. “Am I an actor? No. Am I a witness? Yes.”

--------------------------

You know that when you are running unopposed and you are forced to drop out, you are quite an a$$hat.

Is it a surprise that Republicans attack children? No, of course not. Remember, the GOP held nearly 9 million American children who are sick and disabled hostage so they could be a game piece in political one upmanship.

I was say Republicans are even more dirty than the American Nazi Party, but that would be redundant considering who the Nazi's vote for.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Rambunctious

Rambunctious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,599
    :bigbed:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TheOldSchool

TheOldSchool BANNED

Thanks Received:
    last stop for sanity before reaching the south
    Ratings:
    +43,048
    Good. A little bit less evil in government now.

8. OldLady

OldLady Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,929
    Good. I'm embarrassed the guy is even from Maine. Ugh.

9. whitehall

whitehall Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,687
    Pretty slick for democrats (and communists) to put a kid up front in a gun control argument and whine that political enemies are "attacking kids" when unkind things are said. Left wing hypocrites conveniently forget that the former president ridiculed kids when he claimed that he bowled like someone in the "special olympics" and lefties attacked just about everyone in Sarah Palin's family including her Down's syndrome child.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. WillHaftawaite

WillHaftawaite Gone Fishin' Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +43,328
    not bad dean...

you're only 2 days behind the rest of us on posting about that news.

Been on a trip?