GOP-led House set to vote against health care law

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
WASHINGTON — The new Republican-led House is poised to deliver an emphatic thumbs-down to President Barack Obama's landmark health care overhaul, with no ready substitute of its own.

More "fuck you" from the GOP. This sentence was all I needed to read from the story. These members of Congress have healthcare provided by our government, yet they insist on denying it to the tax payers who fund it for them. Why is that?

GOP-led House to vote on health care law - Politics - Capitol Hill - msnbc.com

WASHINGTON — The new Republican-led House is poised to deliver an emphatic thumbs-down to President Barack Obama's landmark health care overhaul, with no ready substitute of its own.

More "fuck you" from the GOP. This sentence was all I needed to read from the story. These members of Congress have healthcare provided by our government, yet they insist on denying it to the tax payers who fund it for them. Why is that?

And this is new worthy why.............?

It is exactly why 60+ Dems took a hike last November and why the Pubs were elected to replace them.

The Pubs said they were going to do this, and by golly, there doing just what they said.

Where do you get the idea that the Constitution allows for any citizen to receive HC, ie; Medicare, Medicaid, Prescription Drug Bennies, et.al., other than the VA, via the hapless taxpayers?

ya reaps what ya sows.

Congrats, WT...that was the last "nothing" post of yours I can stand. Welcome to my ignore list. You will enjoy it there with the likes of Teapartysamurai, Libocalypse, DrHouse, et al.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Stephanie is there as well....you will fit right in.

Last edited:

Gee.....the word "entitled" seems to come-to-mind.

:eusa_think:

(For the GOP....Divine Right seems more-fitting. :eusa_snooty: )​

It is exactly why 60+ Dems took a hike last November and why the Pubs were elected to replace them.

The Pubs said they were going to do this, and by golly, there doing just what they said.

Where do you get the idea that the Constitution allows for any citizen to receive HC, ie; Medicare, Medicaid, Prescription Drug Bennies, et.al., other than the VA, via the hapless taxpayers?

Where in the Constitution does it state that we will field, pay for and distribute 11 USN Super Carriers to patrol the world and act like peacekeepers on US taxpayers dime?

The pre-Obamacare world is what we had before. And it was far preferable to the inordinate bureaucratic goat-fuck the last Congress passed.
Go GOP.

Of course if they didn't do this the Libs would all be screaming how the GOP is a bunch of hypocrites and liars.

Where in the Constitution does it state that we will field, pay for and distribute 11 USN Super Carriers to patrol the world and act like peacekeepers on US taxpayers dime?

Article 1, Section 8.......................To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress; ......................................

The Authority to do those things you despise is clearly Enumerated.

There is no Enumerated Power within the US Constitution for Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Prescription Drugs, Food Stamps, Section 8 Housing, et.al.

Most everything Liberals love is blatantly Unconstitutional.

You need to sue your 8th Grade Civics teacher.

The pre-Obamacare world is what we had before. And it was far preferable to the inordinate bureaucratic goat-fuck the last Congress passed.
Go GOP.

Of course if they didn't do this the Libs would all be screaming how the GOP is a bunch of hypocrites and liars.

What do you mean would be? Still got your head up your ass, I see. The GOO IS a bunch of hypocrites and liars. Oh, and add showmen to the list, as this is political theater and noithing more. They know it and you all know it.

I love how when demonrats don't win they pitch them a hissy fit a hit the "iggy" button.

Article 1, Section 8.......................To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress; ......................................

The Authority to do those things you despise is clearly Enumerated.

There is no Enumerated Power within the US Constitution for Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Prescription Drugs, Food Stamps, Section 8 Housing, et.al.

Most everything Liberals love is blatantly Unconstitutional.

You need to sue your 8th Grade Civics teacher.

I guess I missed the part where it spells out aircraft carriers? And that whole longer than two years part, really has me stumped? Most USN aircraft carriers have been afloat far longer than two years?

ya reaps what ya sows.

Congrats, WT...that was the last "nothing" post of yours I can stand. Welcome to my ignore list. You will enjoy it there with the likes of Teapartysamurai, Libocalypse, DrHouse, et al.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Stephanie is there as well....you will fit right in.

Always makes me laugh when people feel the need to announce that they're 'ignoring' another poster. How childish is that? :lol::lol::lol:

They are also refusing to give up their govt-run health care

ThinkProgress VIDEO: House Republicans Explain Why They Won’t Give Up Their Own Government-Sponsored Health Care

With the Republican legislative agenda increasingly focused on repealing health care reform, many observers are beginning to question whether GOPers in Congress will personally abide by their beliefs and take the next step of forgoing government-sponsored health insurance for themselves.

In sum, only eight GOP congressman, or three percent of all House Republicans, have opted out of the Federal Employees Health Benefits Plan. One Republican loudly complained about having his own government-sponsored health insurance delayed approximately four weeks. But most GOPers have quietly continued to accept government-sponsored health care while loudly decrying the government’s role in helping provide health care to a segment of the American public.

ThinkProgress recently caught up with a number of congressmen to ask whether they too planned to continue receiving health insurance through the federal government. Their reasons for continuing to take government-subsidized health insurance ran the gamut — from Rep. Aaron Schock (R-IL), whose justification was that he was “actually lowering” premiums for older members of Congress, to Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX), who admitted that accepting government-sponsored health care “could be” hypocritical, but shrugged it off nonetheless.

ThinkProgress compiled a video of other Republican congressmen explaining why they want to repeal health care reform for the nation but plan to keep government-subsidized health care for themselves. Watch it:

On average, congressmen receive $700 per month in taxpayer subsidies to help pay for their health insurance. Members use these subsidies to choose a health insurance plan available through a government-sponsored exchange which, among other regulations, bars discrimination based on preexisting conditions. As Lee Fang of ThinkProgress notes, “The federal system mirrors the reforms enacted by Democrats and President Obama, which end health insurance abuses by regulating coverage through an exchange, while offering subsidies to individuals and small businesses to make coverage more affordable.”

Your right.

It is theater and oh what theater it is.

A promise is a promise and they are making good on theirs. Go GOP.

It will pass in the House and will probably be DOA in the Senate. That is unless some of those Dems who are running for office in 2012 jump ship and vote for repeal.

It will then fall to OL'BO's veto pen.

Should be nice watching Barry Boy defend his primo HC bill during the 2012 elections.

I wonder what taxes are hidden in this primo bill??

Forum List

Back