GOP Labor Shortage Solution: CHILDREN

I started paying for lakhotas welfare when I was 14. Working is good for kids. I had a paid for vehicle by the time I was at a legal driving age.

Labor participation rate for younger people was about 45% in 2003, currently it's about 37%. What motivates you to fricken lie so much?

1685108256608.png

People are working. Bad employers are being avoided, a good thing. Not all jobs need filling anyway.
People are not working, working age men being the biggest group. They are letting their womenfolk work or living off mommy and daddy, or collecting government benefits for not working.

646fc26123000059008faa09.jpeg

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Lawmakers in several states are embracing legislation to let children work in more hazardous occupations, for more hours on school nights and in expanded roles, including serving alcohol in bars and restaurants as young as 14.

The efforts to significantly roll back labor rules are largely led by Republican lawmakers to address worker shortages and, in some cases, run afoul of federal regulations.

Child welfare advocates worry the measures represent a coordinated push to scale back hard-won protections for minors.

“The consequences are potentially disastrous,” said Reid Maki, director of the Child Labor Coalition, which advocates against exploitative labor policies. “You can’t balance a perceived labor shortage on the backs of teen workers.”

Lawmakers proposed loosening child labor laws in at least 10 states over the past two years, according to a report published last month by the left-leaning Economic Policy Institute. Some bills became law, while others were withdrawn or vetoed.

Legislators in Wisconsin, Ohio and Iowa are actively considering relaxing child labor laws to address worker shortages, which are driving up wages and contributing to inflation. Employers have struggled to fill open positions after a spike in retirements, deaths and illnesses from COVID-19, decreases in legal immigration and other factors.

The job market is one of the tightest since World War II, with the unemployment rate at 3.4% — the lowest in 54 years.

Much more at the link below...

Sounds sad to me! What do you think?
Let us know when you post a picture that actually relates to the screed.

Wow, your posts are getting dumber, if possible. True, our history started before 2003, our younger workers did not.

There were no young people working prior to 2003?

I think you are mistaken.

I was 15 when I got my first job in 1979.

Great, I'm sure you helped get that labor participation rate higher than it is today.

That is about when it started going up, when families needed two incomes to do more than survive.

Not everyone sees that as a good thing.

646fc26123000059008faa09.jpeg

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Lawmakers in several states are embracing legislation to let children work in more hazardous occupations, for more hours on school nights and in expanded roles, including serving alcohol in bars and restaurants as young as 14.

The efforts to significantly roll back labor rules are largely led by Republican lawmakers to address worker shortages and, in some cases, run afoul of federal regulations.

Child welfare advocates worry the measures represent a coordinated push to scale back hard-won protections for minors.

“The consequences are potentially disastrous,” said Reid Maki, director of the Child Labor Coalition, which advocates against exploitative labor policies. “You can’t balance a perceived labor shortage on the backs of teen workers.”

Lawmakers proposed loosening child labor laws in at least 10 states over the past two years, according to a report published last month by the left-leaning Economic Policy Institute. Some bills became law, while others were withdrawn or vetoed.

Legislators in Wisconsin, Ohio and Iowa are actively considering relaxing child labor laws to address worker shortages, which are driving up wages and contributing to inflation. Employers have struggled to fill open positions after a spike in retirements, deaths and illnesses from COVID-19, decreases in legal immigration and other factors.

The job market is one of the tightest since World War II, with the unemployment rate at 3.4% — the lowest in 54 years.

Much more at the link below...

Sounds sad to me! What do you think?
Notice there are no particulars. That's because this article is a hoax.

Forum List

Back