GOP House Speaker: 'Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow'

they don't even try to pretend they're "compassionate conservatives" anymore.

but can you imagine if the president had said what o'neil did? oh my...

What did O'Neil actually say?

And.... the President did refer to conservatives as 'the enemy'.... I think it's pretty clear what the Messiah thinks of his fellow Americans... ya know, the ones who he's supposed to be the President of.

Faux outrage is funny.
Your mind is as deluded as your body is polluted.

So, you're saying Obama never referred to conservatives as 'the enemy'? Really? You want to stick with that?

So is this Republican a liar, or just a coward? :lol:

Most politicians apologize at the drop of a hat whenever it is remotely possible that X number of constituents could even be remotely offended, even if there was nothing really to be offended about

I think you are the coward with your blatant misrepresentation
Why are pastors, ministers and reverends from all denominations calling this an 'imprecatory prayer'? They pointed to content of his email highlighting the phrase "let his days be few," which was interpreted as O'Neal's desire to have Obama suffer premature death.

You should be an Olympic long jumper with that ability to make insane leaps

If it's the same email, I've already received it too:

Email said:
Where does one get this sticker?

----- Psalm 109:8
My wife and I were in slow-moving traffic the other day and we were stopped behind

a car that had an unusual Obama bumper sticker on it.

It read: "Pray for Obama. Psalm 109:8".

When we got home my wife got out the Bible and opened it up to the scripture.

She started laughing & laughing. Then she read it to me.

I couldn't believe what it said. I had a good laugh, too.

Psalm 109:8 ~ "Let his days be few and brief; and let others step forward to replace him."

At last -- I can honestly voice a Biblical prayer for our president!

Let us all bow our heads and pray.
Brothers and Sisters, can I get an AMEN?

We The People....2012......... Growing by the thousands
I have no doubt that you are on the mailing lists of every White Supremacist group, every Neo-Nazi group, every KKK group and every wingnut site on the internet.

It's just how you roll.

Most politicians apologize at the drop of a hat whenever it is remotely possible that X number of constituents could even be remotely offended, even if there was nothing really to be offended about

Why are pastors, ministers and reverends from all denominations calling this an 'imprecatory prayer'? They pointed to content of his email highlighting the phrase "let his days be few," which was interpreted as O'Neal's desire to have Obama suffer premature death.

they are ignoring the next half of the sentence, just like you are.

Kinda like when they leave off "of the United States" when they mention 'general welfare'??

You should be an Olympic long jumper with that ability to make insane leaps

you must have missed the FAL picture I posted for Synth...

24.jpg

If he can't get over a simple hurdle, he's got no shot at the long jump.

Email said:

My wife and I were in slow-moving traffic the other day and we were stopped behind

Psalm 109:8 ~ "Let his days be few and brief; and let others step forward to replace him."

I have no doubt that you are on the mailing lists of every White Supremacist group, every Neo-Nazi group, every KKK group and every wingnut site on the internet.

It's just how you roll.

Look.. yet another leap.. call the Olympic committee

Yeah, because clergy know fuck-all what biblical passages mean. :rolleyes:

Imbecile.

Email said:

gee... the libtards really did ignore the 8. What a freakin surprise :rolleyes:

Imbecile.

your argument would be valid if every single Christian denomination had the same interpretation of every single passage in the Bible.

Do they?

But not everyone is buying O'Neal's explanation.

"The verse clearly refers to death, not to his days in office," Mark Potok of the Southern Poverty Law Center told AlterNet in an interview.

"These are not amusing or harmless words," he said. "They are calling for someone's death and they ought to be recognized as such."

Potok, who has analyzed the ideology and rhetoric of hate groups for many years sees the Kansas imprecatory prayer bruhaha in the context of the "grotesque coarsening of public discourse" in which President Obama has been characterized as "a foreigner," "a Muslim," "an enemy," "less than human" even "the anti-Christ."

"Words have consequences," he said. "These are precisely the kinds of words that lead to situations like Gabby Giffords."

Regarding the slowness of the press and others to come to grips with the underlying meaning of Psalm 109, he said, "Americans in all walks of life, are afraid to criticize religion, particularly Christianity. But these words," he averred, "are not a theological argument, they are an expression of gutter hatred against our first Black president."

O'Neal was presented on January 19th, with a petition with some 30,000 online signatures demanding his resignation. Two ministers from Topeka, the state capital, delivered the petition on behalf of the liberal Washington, DC group Faithful America.

"Sadly, it's not unusual for Republican politicians to use vile and hate-filled rhetoric when speaking about President Obama," the group declared. "But when they exploit religion to do so, people of faith have a moral responsibility to condemn it."

"The verse clearly refers to death, not to his days in office," Mark Potok of the Southern Poverty Law Center told AlterNet in an interview.

"These are not amusing or harmless words," he said. "They are calling for someone's death and they ought to be recognized as such."

Potok, who has analyzed the ideology and rhetoric of hate groups for many years sees the Kansas imprecatory prayer bruhaha in the context of the "grotesque coarsening of public discourse" in which President Obama has been characterized as "a foreigner," "a Muslim," "an enemy," "less than human" even "the anti-Christ."

"Words have consequences," he said. "These are precisely the kinds of words that lead to situations like Gabby Giffords."

Regarding the slowness of the press and others to come to grips with the underlying meaning of Psalm 109(the 8 is missing... again... big fucking surprise), he said, "Americans in all walks of life, are afraid to criticize religion, particularly Christianity. But these words," he averred, "are not a theological argument, they are an expression of gutter hatred against our first Black president."

O'Neal was presented on January 19th, with a petition with some 30,000 online signatures demanding his resignation. Two ministers from Topeka, the state capital, delivered the petition on behalf of the liberal Washington, DC group Faithful America.

"Sadly, it's not unusual for Republican politicians to use vile and hate-filled rhetoric when speaking about President Obama," the group declared. "But when they exploit religion to do so, people of faith have a moral responsibility to condemn it."

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

From your link:

That specific verse reads 'Let his days be few; and let another take his office.'

It is not clear if the speaker's letter was specific to this verse or to the entire passage which details further well-wishes to him and his family.

Read more: 'Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow:' Republican Speaker's controversial email targets President | Mail Online

Hyperbole again?

funny how they keep leaving that 8 off the end...

Psalm 109:8 is what is referenced, and has been referenced before (I believe there was a thread in which a church with a sign out front mentioning Psalm 109:8 was discussed).

It states...

Let his days be few; and let another take his office.

The general libtard reaction was that you are not allowed to quote a single passage from the Bible. You MUST have meant the entire verse, regardless of which line you specifically actually quoted.

Spin much? You know what was meant by the E-Mail?

The general conservaturd reaction is to defend the indefensable and never ever admit to wrongdoing or error.

Imbecile.

your argument would be valid if every single Christian denomination had the same interpretation of every single passage in the Bible.

Do they?
Link to a Christian leader who is defending this Kansas House Speaker.

I hate the republican party, the only thing equal to my hate of them is my hate for the democrat party.

There is no need to defend someone for sending an email out in hopes that a politician of the other party's days in office are short.

I will give you credit though, for saying something so stupid, but still being able to get idiots like me to respond to this jibberish.

Psalm 109:8 is what is referenced, and has been referenced before (I believe there was a thread in which a church with a sign out front mentioning Psalm 109:8 was discussed).

It states...

Let his days be few; and let another take his office.

The general libtard reaction was that you are not allowed to quote a single passage from the Bible. You MUST have meant the entire verse, regardless of which line you specifically actually quoted.

The general conservaturd reaction is to defend the indefensable and never ever admit to wrongdoing or error.

no spin needed. The libtards all have their panties in a bunch because they are ignoring the specific part of Psalm 109 that was referenced... Psalm 109:8.

Regarding the slowness of the press and others to come to grips with the underlying meaning of Psalm 109, he said, "Americans in all walks of life, are afraid to criticize religion, particularly Christianity. But these words," he averred, "are not a theological argument, they are an expression of gutter hatred against our first Black president."

Oooo.. the group that went against 10 commandment monuments...

Yeah.... let's get some non-winger commentary

So is this Republican a liar, or just a coward? :lol:

Only a fucking dumbass would come to that conclusion...

Intellegent folks know it is in reference to the number of days until he is voted out of office...

I told you to have a mod close this thread... You keep swimming in your own fail...

Email said:

It's just how you roll.

LOL

You really do suck at this, Synthia...:lol:

It's quite amusing...lol

It states...

no spin needed. The libtards all have their panties in a bunch because they are ignoring the specific part of Psalm 109 that was referenced... Psalm 109:8.

"A popular bumper sticker sold online for those looking forward to Mr Obama's leave from the White House features a specific verse of that passage."

"The bumper sticker reads: 'Pray for Obama. Psalm 109:8"

Read more: 'Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow:' Republican Speaker's controversial email targets President | Mail Online

Posting as you do is a lie, a lie because the GOP speaker didn't post a bumber sticker. He wrote an e-mail which has not been published on this thread, so you have no way of knowing the speakers intent. Drawing as you do an inference and publishing it as a fact is a lie.

Forum List

Back