GOP decides feeding poor white children good but feeding poor black children is bad.

Just to back up a bit.

1) Do you agree that racism is bad?

2) Do you believe that racism exists?

3) The program discussed in the lead post was not the inception of a pilot program for rural areas. It was the cessation of the urban portion of a program wherein rural coverage was maintained. No rational explanation was apparently available to explain this decision. Do YOU have an explanation for cutting urban coverage while maintaining rural coverage in such a program?

Prove #3 or get ready to get slapped about.

This is nothing new. Look at how Bush helped Florida after their hurricane and then compare how he handled black NO after Katrina. 'You Can't Govern if You Don't Believe in Government'

Dude, if you wanted to make a documentary film on the right ways and the wrong ways to prepare for a hurricane you would use Florida as how to do things the RIGHT way and you would use Louisiana as the example of what NOT to do! Blame Bush? The debacle that happened in New Orleans falls squarely on the shoulders of Ray Nagin, Kathleen Blanco and the people of the city. When you do idiotic things Mother Nature seldom takes pity on you.

They had a week to get out of the way of Katrina.
Local government had to request assistance from Federal agencies and they
did not do that right away...

By the way where is Ray Nagin these days?

I was north of the Peg after having spent a whole summer dodging mini hurricanes and killing time up north in Ontario waiting for this hurricane season to pass.

I was moving to Louisiana. Well I thought I was. I was a certified NALC breeder of some of the best and strongest catahoulas that you could die for.

Katrina the bitch came rolling in. I was screaming at both my sire's breeder out of Lumberton and my bitch's kennel out of Pontchatoula to get the hell out of the way.

Katrina came blowing in. But it wasn't the damage of the hurricane that brought NO to her knees.

It was local government that did so.

man oh man, there just isn't ever enough for Liberals/Democrats

we frkken give and give and give they take and take and take out of the mouth of our families, but they still sit around and whine about a frikken cut to a program and then you get to be called a racist on top of it...and don't you know you hate the poor too

I never heard of this site but that article was written like A DNC press release and a real joke

Last edited:
House GOP kills summer food aid to poor urban kids, continues to fund poor rural kids

Democrats were surprised to see urban children were excluded. And the GOP had some trouble explaining the history itself. But a spokeswoman confirmed that the intent of the bill is a pilot project in “rural areas” only.

You think they’d at least try to be less obvious about this stuff, but I guess not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just think, the cost of the gas to get a lunch to a rural kid might be as much as the cost of the lunch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
House GOP releases ag budget

In the case of nutrition programs, the House bill seeks to open the door for starchy, white potatoes to be added to the list of qualified vegetables under the WIC supplemental feeding program for pregnant women and their young children.

And in a surprising twist, the bill language specifies that only rural areas are to benefit in the future from funding requested by the administration this year to continue a modest summer demonstration program to help children from low-income households — both urban and rural — during those months when school meals are not available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank God Republicans aren't racist. It just so happens only white children are worth feeding. That's just a "GOP Truth". Nothing else. Nothing to do with race.

Now watch these right wingers suddenly scream "liar!" So predictable.
...And the left right whining continues....

man oh man, there just isn't ever enough for Liberals/Democrats

we frkken give and give and give they take and take and take out of the mouth of our families, but they still sit around and whine about a frikken cut to a program and then you get to be called a racist on top of it...and don't you know you hate the poor too

I never heard of this site but that article was written like A DNC press release and a real joke

:lol::lol: You are so full of shit. You don't care about the poor who can't feed their families why should we care about a republican that got us there in the first place?

and you do as long as it's FORCED out of others by the Federal government...wow Republicans got us here, I thought we were all now hunky dory economy roaring rolling in the dough with SIX years the OBAMA and Democrats...why are there so many poor?
look in mirror to see full of shit...Internet tough care, he care for the poor most, blah blah
again, put your money where your big mouth is and send the government your WEEKLY PAYCHECKS so they can dole it out to the "poor"

Last edited:
House GOP kills summer food aid to poor urban kids, continues to fund poor rural kids

Democrats were surprised to see urban children were excluded. And the GOP had some trouble explaining the history itself. But a spokeswoman confirmed that the intent of the bill is a pilot project in “rural areas” only.

You think they’d at least try to be less obvious about this stuff, but I guess not.

Just think, the cost of the gas to get a lunch to a rural kid might be as much as the cost of the lunch.

In the case of nutrition programs, the House bill seeks to open the door for starchy, white potatoes to be added to the list of qualified vegetables under the WIC supplemental feeding program for pregnant women and their young children.

And in a surprising twist, the bill language specifies that only rural areas are to benefit in the future from funding requested by the administration this year to continue a modest summer demonstration program to help children from low-income households — both urban and rural — during those months when school meals are not available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank God Republicans aren't racist. It just so happens only white children are worth feeding. That's just a "GOP Truth". Nothing else. Nothing to do with race.

Because as we all know...children who live in urban areas are black and those who live in rural areas are white...right, Deanie? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

You know...it's astounding but I've driven through rural areas of the Carolina's, Georgia, Florida, & Alabama and there are TONS of black families living there!!! OMG...someone get these poor lost souls on a bus and get them to the inner-city!!!

Especially in Appalachia. Because there are so many blacks living in Appalachia.:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Because as we all know...children who live in urban areas are black and those who live in rural areas are white...right, Deanie? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

You know...it's astounding but I've driven through rural areas of the Carolina's, Georgia, Florida, & Alabama and there are TONS of black families living there!!! OMG...someone get these poor lost souls on a bus and get them to the inner-city!!!

Especially in Appalachia. Because there are so many blacks living in Appalachia.:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

So you're going to sit here and maintain that there is NOT a large black rural population in the South? I'm curious, Deanie...have you ever visited the areas that you stereotype so often? I get the feeling you've seldom if ever been south of the Mason Dixon line.

May I point out that before the Republicans rammed this gol durned XIII Amendment down our throats all black children received free food, free clothing and free housing from their masters? Why do Republicans hate black kids?

Why do you guys feel the need to play the race card each and every time you don't get your way?

Did I miss where rural blacks are excluded from the program? Cause from what i can tell there is no racial component to the program.

All children should be fed. The question who should feed them: The government or us?

May I point out that before the Republicans rammed this gol durned XIII Amendment down our throats all black children received free food, free clothing and free housing from their masters? Why do Republicans hate black kids?

Why do you guys feel the need to play the race card each and every time you don't get your way?

I was thinking the response was sarcastic.

So you're going to sit here and maintain that there is NOT a large black rural population in the South? I'm curious, Deanie...have you ever visited the areas that you stereotype so often? I get the feeling you've seldom if ever been south of the Mason Dixon line.

I never said that boob.

What do you want to bet that as this story develops, Republicans will somehow manage to "jump past" the blacks and only help the whites. Come on, it's the south. The land of teen pregnancy, inbreeding, no teeth, confederates, Jim Crowe, slavery, voter suppression. The only way most Republicans in the south will move towards black children is to hunt them down and shoot them before they have a chance to return fire with those dangerous "Skittles".

I never said that boob.

What do you want to bet that as this story develops, Republicans will somehow manage to "jump past" the blacks and only help the whites. Come on, it's the south. The land of teen pregnancy, inbreeding, no teeth, confederates, Jim Crowe, slavery, voter suppression. The only way most Republicans in the south will move towards black children is to hunt them down and shoot them before they have a chance to return fire with those dangerous "Skittles".

I repeat the question...

Have you any experience at all with the rural South and the demographics of it's population? I ask that because ONCE AGAIN you are using stereotypes of what the South was like fifty years ago to demean those people who live there now. I don't think you know the first thing about the South, Deanie! This string is simply one more in a long parade of posts that do little except prove beyond any shadow of a doubt how ignorant the OP is.

I never said that boob.

I repeat the question...

Have you any experience at all with the rural South and the demographics of it's population? I ask that because ONCE AGAIN you are using stereotypes of what the South was like fifty years ago to demean those people who live there now. I don't think you know the first thing about the South, Deanie! This string is simply one more in a long parade of posts that do little except prove beyond any shadow of a doubt how ignorant the OP is.

I can see how much it's "changed". Apparently, your "friends" may not have gotten the "memo".

Southern Republican Congressman Calls the Obamas "Uppity" - ABC News

What were two Republicans thinking, calling Obama 'tar baby' and 'boy'? - CSMonitor.com

Republican attendees removed after pelting a Black CNN camerawoman with peanuts and saying "this is how we feed the animals" - Houston Chronicle

Tennessee Supreme Court Upholds Voter Suppression Law, Despite Lack Of Voter Fraud in State

In NC, Voter Suppression Hits Women & Minorities Hardest

I never said that boob.

I repeat the question...

I can see how much it's "changed". Apparently, your "friends" may not have gotten the "memo".

What were two Republicans thinking, calling Obama 'tar baby' and 'boy'? - CSMonitor.com

Republican attendees removed after pelting a Black CNN camerawoman with peanuts and saying "this is how we feed the animals" - Houston Chronicle

Tennessee Supreme Court Upholds Voter Suppression Law, Despite Lack Of Voter Fraud in State

Once again, Deanie...I'm asking you a simple question (I try to keep them that way for you since it's obvious you have problems with the complex ones!). Do you have any personal experience with the rural South and if so...what would that be? Citing stupid articles from Think Progress doesn't address what I've asked. What it DOES is reinforce my opinion that you know next to nothing about the South other than the stereotypes that you dutifully copy from places LIKE Think Progress.

I repeat the question...

Once again, Deanie...I'm asking you a simple question (I try to keep them that way for you since it's obvious you have problems with the complex ones!). Do you have any personal experience with the rural South and if so...what would that be? Citing stupid articles from Think Progress doesn't address what I've asked. What it DOES is reinforce my opinion that you know next to nothing about the South other than the stereotypes that you dutifully copy from places LIKE Think Progress.

Other than cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents living in Virginia and North Carolina, no.

And when the Christian Science Monitor (CSM) publishes something, it's not very "liberal".

Last edited by a moderator:
And these cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents have led you to believe that blacks do not live in rural areas?

And these cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents have led you to believe that blacks do not live in rural areas?

Come on. If Republicans cut food stamps for disabled veterans, they certainly won't help blacks no matter where they are. At least Republicans pretend to like veterans.

Forum List

Back