GOP Congressman Calling for Impeachment of Trump

Justin Amash‏Verified account @justinamash
Here are my principal conclusions:
1. Attorney General Barr has deliberately misrepresented Mueller’s report.
2. President Trump has engaged in impeachable conduct.
3. Partisanship has eroded our system of checks and balances.
4. Few members of Congress have read the report.

12:30 PM - 18 May 2019

• 63,496 Retweets
  • 167,974 Likes
read his view on twitter.

Then why haven’t the Democrats in the House started impeachment proceedings? It’s up to them and as long as they put party over country, it won’t happen. Smash needs to go after the Democrats for failing to do their job.

• 63,496 Retweets
  • 167,974 Likes

Then why haven’t the Democrats in the House started impeachment proceedings? It’s up to them and as long as they put party over country, it won’t happen. Smash needs to go after the Democrats for failing to do their job.

Its only the Democrats who are doing their job, its called oversight.

Whatever. Maybe Amash can team up with Rashida Tlaib and Maxine Waters! :laugh2:

Amash is very far right. Read his bio.
So what? He's a moron just like Maxine and Rashida.

He is the opposite of Maxine and Rashida. Learn about him, read his bio.
I'm responding to what he is saying not what his bio says. Try it sometime, you might learn something.

No you are not. He has the opposite view on issues that Maxine and Rashida have.
He, like Rashida and Maxine is calling for impeachment. If there truly is grounds for impeachment then what are they waiting for? Which part of that is difficult for you to grasp?

• 63,496 Retweets
  • 167,974 Likes

Lol! No they aren’t, they believe Trump made impeachable offenses and are doing nothing. That’s not oversight that I’d doing nothing but cry about it.

Justin Amash (@justinamash) | Twitter

Our system of checks and balances relies on each branch’s jealously guarding its powers and upholding its duties under our Constitution. When loyalty to a political party or to an individual trumps loyalty to the Constitution, the Rule of Law—the foundation of liberty—crumbles.

Impeachment, which is a special form of indictment, does not even require probable cause that a crime (e.g., obstruction of justice) has been committed; it simply requires a finding that an official has engaged in careless, abusive, corrupt, or otherwise dishonorable conduct.

America’s institutions depend on officials to uphold both the rules and spirit of our constitutional system even when to do so is personally inconvenient or yields a politically unfavorable outcome. Our Constitution is brilliant and awesome; it deserves a government to match it.

I saw that. I can now say there is one republican in congress with actual balls.

Only one though.

More balls than the Pelosi squad.

Not necessarily. The congress can impeach Trump next week. Then the senate holds the trial. 66 senators have to vote to convict. The senate is majority republican and they will not convict Trump. Amash is doing no more than the democrats. And in reality it is the McConnell squad that has no balls.

Trump's doing way too good of a job now and the voters will not approve of any impeachment. Democrats never do anything that might hurt their favorability.

As for Amish, he and his family have heavy investments in China where their tool business buys goods. He's a crook and pissed off because of Trumps trade war with his precious Communists. He's using his position as a politician for a personal vendetta just like John McCain.

If this Republican were to apply the same standard to a Democrat President everyone would switch their opinion of him the right would now support and the left would be trashing him. Much like outrage of convenience is no outrage at all supporting someone out of convenience no support at all.

If a democrat was doing what Trump is that person would have been impeached 2 years ago. We aren't republicans. We don't think like republicans. That's why Trump has not been impeached yet.

Given the fact that DumBama weaponized the various government agencies to secure an election, I seriously doubt that if Republicans did the things that took place under DumBama, he wouldn't have been impeached as well.

The reason Trump hasn't been impeached yet is because impeachment requirers that the President be guilty of high crimes or misdemeanors. Trump is guilty of neither.

Trump IS guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors. He has not been impeached because you republicans do not care about the law or constitution. Obama did none of what you claim and it is getting old reading all you f-d up, illiterate, white racist idiots lying about his presidency.

Yeah, everybody who is white and hates DumBama does so simply because he's a Mulatto. :boo_hoo14:

• 63,496 Retweets
  • 167,974 Likes

Lol! No they aren’t, they believe Trump made impeachable offenses and are doing nothing. That’s not oversight that I’d doing nothing but cry about it.

The republicans impeached Clinton for lying to congress. Note I said the republicans and congress!! Starr took his report to Congress for them to decide.

If this Republican were to apply the same standard to a Democrat President everyone would switch their opinion of him the right would now support and the left would be trashing him. Much like outrage of convenience is no outrage at all supporting someone out of convenience no support at all.

If a democrat was doing what Trump is that person would have been impeached 2 years ago. We aren't republicans. We don't think like republicans. That's why Trump has not been impeached yet.

Given the fact that DumBama weaponized the various government agencies to secure an election, I seriously doubt that if Republicans did the things that took place under DumBama, he wouldn't have been impeached as well.

The reason Trump hasn't been impeached yet is because impeachment requirers that the President be guilty of high crimes or misdemeanors. Trump is guilty of neither.

Trump IS guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors. He has not been impeached because you republicans do not care about the law or constitution. Obama did none of what you claim and it is getting old reading all you f-d up, illiterate, white racist idiots lying about his presidency.
U must be put into a forced labor camp or removed from this Earth. Better u then me.

I saw that. I can now say there is one republican in congress with actual balls.

Only one though.

More balls than the Pelosi squad.

Not necessarily. The congress can impeach Trump next week. Then the senate holds the trial. 66 senators have to vote to convict. The senate is majority republican and they will not convict Trump. Amash is doing no more than the democrats. And in reality it is the McConnell squad that has no balls.

What a bunch of sniveling excuses. Pelosi has stood firmly against impeachment all the way, and has reportedly threatened members of her own caucus at times over it, because of political calculations. Amash is bucking political concerns to call for what is right for the rule of law and the good of the nation.

• 63,496 Retweets
  • 167,974 Likes

The republicans impeached Clinton for lying to congress. Note I said the republicans and congress!! Starr took his report to Congress for them to decide.

That is because that was the rule at that time. Shortly after that Congress did not vote to extend the provision to be renewed. Democrats were moving to impeach Nixon, big deal.

The full report is available to some members of Congress, yet they fail to act on the information that seems to flooding out. Before the report came out Pelosi said there would be no impeachment. Party over country.

I think the RNC should announce they are cutting off all funding for his next campaign. Let them put their money behind somebody with solidarity. We don't need anymore backstabbers in our party.
You seriously need some integrity in your party. This is how it starts. Is your party nothing but a Trump personality cult? If not refrain from the urge to (figuratively) burn this heretic at the stake.

I'm a believer in Ronald Reagan's eleventh commandment: Thou shalt not talk bad about a fellow Republican. This joker is going even beyond that.

There is no integrity in trying to impeach a great President for "obstruction" of an investigation that was created out of thin air for no reason but politics. We don't need to stop Trump. We need to stop the corruption of using government agencies as party assistants in defeating a political enemy. Barr is working on that now.
Ronald Reagan would be absolutely horrified by Trump's presidency.

Ronny RayGun should have been impeached over the Iran Contra bull shit.

Lawmaker, breaking with GOP, accuses Trump of obstruction, impeachable conduct

Justin Amash becomes first Republican congressman to call for Trump's impeachment - CNNPolitics

Michigan GOP Rep. Justin Amash said Saturday he had concluded President Donald Trump committed "impeachable conduct" and accused Attorney General William Barr of intentionally misleading the public.

Amash's comments recommending Congress pursue obstruction of justice charges against Trump were the first instance of a sitting Republican in Congress calling for Trump's impeachment.

"Contrary to Barr's portrayal, Mueller's report reveals that President Trump engaged in specific actions and a pattern of behavior that meet the threshold for impeachment," Amash said in a string of messages on Twitter.

"Our system of checks and balances relies on each branch's jealously guarding its powers and upholding its duties under our Constitution," Amash tweeted. "When loyalty to a political party or to an individual trumps loyalty to the Constitution, the Rule of Law -- the foundation of liberty -- crumbles."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is actually quite surprising, to see a lone GOP US Congressman stating basically EXACTLY what I have been stating here @ USMB for the past week.
Congress has the duty to The Constitution to impeach Trump.
It has nothing to do with party; it is the duty of Congress.
The US Constitution is above all else in The United States.

Anyone that believe party is above The Constitution is a political, partisan, piece of shit.
Sorry, your arguments don't make sense. Just because "this guy" concludes something does not make it true, Besides, I am getting suspicious of people saying"impeachment" so they get face time in front of a camera. We have the Mueller Report which settled nothing because people will only believe what they believed before the report. I am waiting for the Durham report so we can all confirm our previous beliefs again. What a game.

so, you're waiting on some tobacco; great .............
Actually quit smoking but still like it if that makes sense.

quitters never win

He's one of the libertarian-iest congressmen of them all...As such, he could probably find some constitutional grounds to impeach a ham sammich...Were guys like Thomas Massie, Rand Paul, and a few others I can think of come out with the same conclusion, I might be inclined to give this all a second look.

BTW, in any other context and circumstance, the OP considers a hard libertarian like Amash to be a fringe outlier nutbar....Funny how all that changes when he says something you like, innit?

To be honest, I never heard of the guy until now. He's a nobody apparently and making the mistake of trying to manufacture a name for himself by challenging the king.

I'm sure his next election, he'll be going down in flames. Trump doesn't forget people like this, and I'm sure he's already creating a pet name for him and taking notes on how he will bash the guy when his reelection comes up.
Believe me, you'd like about 95% or more of the rest of what Amash is in favor of.

Perhaps, but once you stab your party in the back, it doesn't matter what else you believe in. When a Republican decides to join ranks with the Democrats against a Republican, he's no better than the Democrats.
So being a party man is more import than having a principle or two. and deviating from the herd from time to time?....How DNC of you.

No. If one of our people are wrong, I say so. I said it when Trump made the comment about McCain (who I hate) and his service to our country. I said it when Trump allowed prisoners to leave prison early. I don't stand up for my people when they do things I don't care for or know will bring forth new problems in the future. I said it when Trump kicked the can down the road on the fence.

But impeachment in this particular instance is utter bullshit. The Democrats are trying to use any little thing to call obstruction. WTF would Trump obstruct an investigation of a crime he's not guilt of? If Mueller though there was any obstruction, he would have leveled those charges on his report. But obstruction is subjective. There is nothing written in stone about obstruction. So he left any unanswered circumstances up to the AG the way it should be handled.

what utter bull shit

you didn't read pages 227 to 368 of the report

Forum List

Back