GOP Congressman Calling for Impeachment of Trump

To be honest, I never heard of the guy until now. He's a nobody apparently and making the mistake of trying to manufacture a name for himself by challenging the king.

I'm sure his next election, he'll be going down in flames. Trump doesn't forget people like this, and I'm sure he's already creating a pet name for him and taking notes on how he will bash the guy when his reelection comes up.
Believe me, you'd like about 95% or more of the rest of what Amash is in favor of.

Perhaps, but once you stab your party in the back, it doesn't matter what else you believe in. When a Republican decides to join ranks with the Democrats against a Republican, he's no better than the Democrats.
So being a party man is more import than having a principle or two. and deviating from the herd from time to time?....How DNC of you.

No. If one of our people are wrong, I say so. I said it when Trump made the comment about McCain (who I hate) and his service to our country. I said it when Trump allowed prisoners to leave prison early. I don't stand up for my people when they do things I don't care for or know will bring forth new problems in the future. I said it when Trump kicked the can down the road on the fence.

But impeachment in this particular instance is utter bullshit. The Democrats are trying to use any little thing to call obstruction. WTF would Trump obstruct an investigation of a crime he's not guilt of? If Mueller though there was any obstruction, he would have leveled those charges on his report. But obstruction is subjective. There is nothing written in stone about obstruction. So he left any unanswered circumstances up to the AG the way it should be handled.

what utter bull shit

you didn't read pages 227 to 368 of the report

I read them weeks ago. Bull.

Is this the first of many ?

Oops should be Amash.

Probably not. Mr. Amash is a Rabid Anti-Trumper. A peculiar off-beat ideology with no viable way to seize power.

So he is pro Cruz, same as Kellyanne Conway and most of the Freedom Caucus and most of the Republicans. LOL. Except he hasn't changed his mind.

Nothing wrong with changing your mind, when you are wrong.

Amash and the rest of the anti-trump fringe element have no strategy to vanquish the Democrats at all. At least the libs have a viable scheme to actually keep America from being great again.

Justin Amash‏Verified account @justinamash
Here are my principal conclusions:
1. Attorney General Barr has deliberately misrepresented Mueller’s report.
2. President Trump has engaged in impeachable conduct.
3. Partisanship has eroded our system of checks and balances.
4. Few members of Congress have read the report.

12:30 PM - 18 May 2019

• 63,496 Retweets
  • 167,974 Likes
read his view on twitter.

Then why haven’t the Democrats in the House started impeachment proceedings? It’s up to them and as long as they put party over country, it won’t happen. Smash needs to go after the Democrats for failing to do their job.

Its only the Democrats who are doing their job, its called oversight.

Lol! No they aren’t, they believe Trump made impeachable offenses and are doing nothing. That’s not oversight that I’d doing nothing but cry about it.

The republicans impeached Clinton for lying to congress. Note I said the republicans and congress!! Starr took his report to Congress for them to decide.

And the Democrats are NOT impeaching because they have nothing on the President, despite all their media circus antics.

Believe me, you'd like about 95% or more of the rest of what Amash is in favor of.

Perhaps, but once you stab your party in the back, it doesn't matter what else you believe in. When a Republican decides to join ranks with the Democrats against a Republican, he's no better than the Democrats.
So being a party man is more import than having a principle or two. and deviating from the herd from time to time?....How DNC of you.

No. If one of our people are wrong, I say so. I said it when Trump made the comment about McCain (who I hate) and his service to our country. I said it when Trump allowed prisoners to leave prison early. I don't stand up for my people when they do things I don't care for or know will bring forth new problems in the future. I said it when Trump kicked the can down the road on the fence.

But impeachment in this particular instance is utter bullshit. The Democrats are trying to use any little thing to call obstruction. WTF would Trump obstruct an investigation of a crime he's not guilt of? If Mueller though there was any obstruction, he would have leveled those charges on his report. But obstruction is subjective. There is nothing written in stone about obstruction. So he left any unanswered circumstances up to the AG the way it should be handled.
obstruction subjective?
wsfsmDNZ9WmmvvWRTKfuq4VJ1Orc8oyCdiMk-pHiTk_C7jq4K4QhkVFyso-xxtG3JnPX_qRAU6fAlK3h97cXb1AYjGs-2paP6BCjt3s1aySbPDeG87CD8r50QM9I5IZC9oZRBeZ5

9ipcXgsCn5OGRKwaj9fb_LsOJ2DjCIDLLIr-L6nunYGv2TPsnPYNLSUhFIDKOgtWOdNsPWFrGIWE-6srCEa3Cocp_sdcFEaDZIL4dYZxfXFXZn_ldEmq4jQiJWfJW3IFMhnzJ2zk

I can automatically tell your source is FOS because Trump didn't need any "effort" to fire Mueller. He could have fired him anytime he wanted, and two, the Constitution allows him to do that. There is no obstruction in exercising executive privilege.
The obstruction is from intent.
Barr botched this one by saying Trump tried to have Mueller removed rather than fired.

This would be like saying he didn’t murder the man, he killed him. Entirely different scenario!

I think the RNC should announce they are cutting off all funding for his next campaign. Let them put their money behind somebody with solidarity. We don't need anymore backstabbers in our party.
You seriously need some integrity in your party. This is how it starts. Is your party nothing but a Trump personality cult? If not refrain from the urge to (figuratively) burn this heretic at the stake.

I'm a believer in Ronald Reagan's eleventh commandment: Thou shalt not talk bad about a fellow Republican. This joker is going even beyond that.

There is no integrity in trying to impeach a great President for "obstruction" of an investigation that was created out of thin air for no reason but politics. We don't need to stop Trump. We need to stop the corruption of using government agencies as party assistants in defeating a political enemy. Barr is working on that now.
Ronald Reagan would be absolutely horrified by Trump's presidency.

Ronny RayGun should have been impeached over the Iran Contra bull shit.
That's a certainty but he was still a far better man than Trump will ever be. If nothing else he believed in the dignity of the office and the value of allies.

Justin Amash‏Verified account @justinamash
Here are my principal conclusions:
1. Attorney General Barr has deliberately misrepresented Mueller’s report.
2. President Trump has engaged in impeachable conduct.
3. Partisanship has eroded our system of checks and balances.
4. Few members of Congress have read the report.

12:30 PM - 18 May 2019

• 63,496 Retweets
  • 167,974 Likes
read his view on twitter.

Then why haven’t the Democrats in the House started impeachment proceedings? It’s up to them and as long as they put party over country, it won’t happen. Smash needs to go after the Democrats for failing to do their job.

Its only the Democrats who are doing their job, its called oversight.

Lol! No they aren’t, they believe Trump made impeachable offenses and are doing nothing. That’s not oversight that I’d doing nothing but cry about it.

The republicans impeached Clinton for lying to congress. Note I said the republicans and congress!! Starr took his report to Congress for them to decide.

And the Democrats are NOT impeaching because they have nothing on the President, despite all their media circus antics.

Exactly right.

The libs under Mueller wasted countless millions over 2 years trying to take down the President and have undercover bupkis.

In spite of President Trump turning over millions of documents and scores of his associates being interviewed by Mueller's henchmen as well as his cronies.

Oops should be Amash.
He is an unimportant nobody

Never even heard of the guy till I read your op

Why is he significant

Tell that to the people of Michigan who elected him.

Oops should be Amash.

Why is he significant

You are not going to change the minds of those who worship tramp and now use the Constitution as toilet paper.

Oops should be Amash.

Why is he significant

Oops should be Amash.

Why is he significant

You are not going to change the minds of those who worship tramp and now use the Constitution as toilet paper.
Be more specific who are you talking about

Who is using the Constitution that way ?

Lawmaker, breaking with GOP, accuses Trump of obstruction, impeachable conduct

Justin Amash becomes first Republican congressman to call for Trump's impeachment - CNNPolitics

Michigan GOP Rep. Justin Amash said Saturday he had concluded President Donald Trump committed "impeachable conduct" and accused Attorney General William Barr of intentionally misleading the public.

Amash's comments recommending Congress pursue obstruction of justice charges against Trump were the first instance of a sitting Republican in Congress calling for Trump's impeachment.

"Contrary to Barr's portrayal, Mueller's report reveals that President Trump engaged in specific actions and a pattern of behavior that meet the threshold for impeachment," Amash said in a string of messages on Twitter.

"Our system of checks and balances relies on each branch's jealously guarding its powers and upholding its duties under our Constitution," Amash tweeted. "When loyalty to a political party or to an individual trumps loyalty to the Constitution, the Rule of Law -- the foundation of liberty -- crumbles."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is actually quite surprising, to see a lone GOP US Congressman stating basically EXACTLY what I have been stating here @ USMB for the past week.
Congress has the duty to The Constitution to impeach Trump.
It has nothing to do with party; it is the duty of Congress.
The US Constitution is above all else in The United States.

Anyone that believe party is above The Constitution is a political, partisan, piece of shit.

Edited to remove way too many images.
Also an OP should be 3-4 paragraphs, link and comment.
Bait threads are a no-no.

caddo kid

USMB Rules and Guidelines

• Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material.
Smacked down by 'fhe man'... :p

In response to the post....SO?!

This is not the 1st time an attention-seeking RINO has ever split with the GOP.

He'll suffer the same fate as the Dems in 2020 for their refusal / inability to legislate due to their unhealthy obsession with fake news, lies, hate, and treason.

Justin Amash becomes first Republican congressman to call for Trump's impeachment - CNNPolitics

Michigan GOP Rep. Justin Amash said Saturday he had concluded President Donald Trump committed "impeachable conduct" and accused Attorney General William Barr of intentionally misleading the public.

Amash's comments recommending Congress pursue obstruction of justice charges against Trump were the first instance of a sitting Republican in Congress calling for Trump's impeachment.

"Contrary to Barr's portrayal, Mueller's report reveals that President Trump engaged in specific actions and a pattern of behavior that meet the threshold for impeachment," Amash said in a string of messages on Twitter.

"Our system of checks and balances relies on each branch's jealously guarding its powers and upholding its duties under our Constitution," Amash tweeted. "When loyalty to a political party or to an individual trumps loyalty to the Constitution, the Rule of Law -- the foundation of liberty -- crumbles."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is actually quite surprising, to see a lone GOP US Congressman stating basically EXACTLY what I have been stating here @ USMB for the past week.

Anyone that believe party is above The Constitution is a political, partisan, piece of shit.

caddo kid

• Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material.
Just curious...how does the OP get 'GOP CONGRESS' from 1 (ONE) politician?

LIE / EXAGERATE MUCH?

obstruction subjective?
wsfsmDNZ9WmmvvWRTKfuq4VJ1Orc8oyCdiMk-pHiTk_C7jq4K4QhkVFyso-xxtG3JnPX_qRAU6fAlK3h97cXb1AYjGs-2paP6BCjt3s1aySbPDeG87CD8r50QM9I5IZC9oZRBeZ5

9ipcXgsCn5OGRKwaj9fb_LsOJ2DjCIDLLIr-L6nunYGv2TPsnPYNLSUhFIDKOgtWOdNsPWFrGIWE-6srCEa3Cocp_sdcFEaDZIL4dYZxfXFXZn_ldEmq4jQiJWfJW3IFMhnzJ2zk

I can automatically tell your source is FOS because Trump didn't need any "effort" to fire Mueller. He could have fired him anytime he wanted, and two, the Constitution allows him to do that. There is no obstruction in exercising executive privilege.
The obstruction is from intent.
Barr botched this one by saying Trump tried to have Mueller removed rather than fired.

This would be like saying he didn’t murder the man, he killed him. Entirely different scenario!

What difference does that make? If removed doesn't mean fired, then what else could it mean?

You people are so desperate reaching for straws like that.

caddo kid

Just curious...how does the OP get 'GOP CONGRESS' from 1 (ONE) politician?

LIE / EXAGERATE MUCH?

here's the thread title

GOP Congressman Calling for Impeachment of Trump

Oops should be Amash.

Why is he significant

Oops should be Amash.

Why is he significant

If you are a tramper, you are.

Oops should be Amash.

Why is he significant

Oops should be Amash.

Why is he significant

If you are a tramper, you are.
No specifics so you are simply lying and stating crap

Oops should be Amash.
Whatever. Maybe Amash can team up with Rashida Tlaib and Maxine Waters! :laugh2:

Amash is very far right. Read his bio.
So what? He's a moron just like Maxine and Rashida.

Why is he a moron? Oh that's right he is not a Trump Humper.
He claims Trump is impeachable while doing nothing about it. One does not have to be a "Humper" to understand the meaninglessness of hot air regardless of its source.

I stand corrected - my apologies - regarding the title.

When I read the name of the CongtessMAN, my 1st thought was still, "WHO?"

I guess he is trying to change that with this stunt....

:p

If this Republican were to apply the same standard to a Democrat President everyone would switch their opinion of him the right would now support and the left would be trashing him. Much like outrage of convenience is no outrage at all supporting someone out of convenience no support at all.

If a democrat was doing what Trump is that person would have been impeached 2 years ago. We aren't republicans. We don't think like republicans. That's why Trump has not been impeached yet.
You don't think at all you just scream and rant like a two year old who's parents won't buy them the toy they want.

caddo kid

Smacked down by 'fhe man'... :p

In response to the post....SO?!

This is not the 1st time an attention-seeking RINO has ever split with the GOP.

He'll suffer the same fate as the Dems in 2020 for their refusal / inability to legislate due to their unhealthy obsession with fake news, lies, hate, and treason.
Amash is a libertarian, Ron Paul devotee. Not a republican.

Forum List

Back