GOP Congressman Calling for Impeachment of Trump

I think the RNC should announce they are cutting off all funding for his next campaign. Let them put their money behind somebody with solidarity. We don't need anymore backstabbers in our party.
You seriously need some integrity in your party. This is how it starts. Is your party nothing but a Trump personality cult? If not refrain from the urge to (figuratively) burn this heretic at the stake.

The (current) GOP is basically Jonestown & the Branch Davidians.

Just a bunch of moon bat, hypnotized, ass licking, goose stepping, wanna B religious, lobotomized, monkeys.

Lawmaker, breaking with GOP, accuses Trump of obstruction, impeachable conduct

Justin Amash becomes first Republican congressman to call for Trump's impeachment - CNNPolitics

Michigan GOP Rep. Justin Amash said Saturday he had concluded President Donald Trump committed "impeachable conduct" and accused Attorney General William Barr of intentionally misleading the public.

Amash's comments recommending Congress pursue obstruction of justice charges against Trump were the first instance of a sitting Republican in Congress calling for Trump's impeachment.

"Contrary to Barr's portrayal, Mueller's report reveals that President Trump engaged in specific actions and a pattern of behavior that meet the threshold for impeachment," Amash said in a string of messages on Twitter.

"Our system of checks and balances relies on each branch's jealously guarding its powers and upholding its duties under our Constitution," Amash tweeted. "When loyalty to a political party or to an individual trumps loyalty to the Constitution, the Rule of Law -- the foundation of liberty -- crumbles."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is actually quite surprising, to see a lone GOP US Congressman stating basically EXACTLY what I have been stating here @ USMB for the past week.
Congress has the duty to The Constitution to impeach Trump.
It has nothing to do with party; it is the duty of Congress.
The US Constitution is above all else in The United States.

Anyone that believe party is above The Constitution is a political, partisan, piece of shit.
Sorry, your arguments don't make sense. Just because "this guy" concludes something does not make it true, Besides, I am getting suspicious of people saying"impeachment" so they get face time in front of a camera. We have the Mueller Report which settled nothing because people will only believe what they believed before the report. I am waiting for the Durham report so we can all confirm our previous beliefs again. What a game.

Justin Amash becomes first Republican congressman to call for Trump's impeachment - CNNPolitics

Michigan GOP Rep. Justin Amash said Saturday he had concluded President Donald Trump committed "impeachable conduct" and accused Attorney General William Barr of intentionally misleading the public.

Amash's comments recommending Congress pursue obstruction of justice charges against Trump were the first instance of a sitting Republican in Congress calling for Trump's impeachment.

"Contrary to Barr's portrayal, Mueller's report reveals that President Trump engaged in specific actions and a pattern of behavior that meet the threshold for impeachment," Amash said in a string of messages on Twitter.

"Our system of checks and balances relies on each branch's jealously guarding its powers and upholding its duties under our Constitution," Amash tweeted. "When loyalty to a political party or to an individual trumps loyalty to the Constitution, the Rule of Law -- the foundation of liberty -- crumbles."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is actually quite surprising, to see a lone GOP US Congressman stating basically EXACTLY what I have been stating here @ USMB for the past week.

Anyone that believe party is above The Constitution is a political, partisan, piece of shit.
Sorry, your arguments don't make sense. Just because "this guy" concludes something does not make it true, Besides, I am getting suspicious of people saying"impeachment" so they get face time in front of a camera. We have the Mueller Report which settled nothing because people will only believe what they believed before the report. I am waiting for the Durham report so we can all confirm our previous beliefs again. What a game.

so, you're waiting on some tobacco; great .............

I think the RNC should announce they are cutting off all funding for his next campaign. Let them put their money behind somebody with solidarity. We don't need anymore backstabbers in our party.
He's one of the libertarian-iest congressmen of them all...As such, he could probably find some constitutional grounds to impeach a ham sammich...Were guys like Thomas Massie, Rand Paul, and a few others I can think of come out with the same conclusion, I might be inclined to give this all a second look.

BTW, in any other context and circumstance, the OP considers a hard libertarian like Amash to be a fringe outlier nutbar....Funny how all that changes when he says something you like, innit?

To be honest, I never heard of the guy until now. He's a nobody apparently and making the mistake of trying to manufacture a name for himself by challenging the king.

I'm sure his next election, he'll be going down in flames. Trump doesn't forget people like this, and I'm sure he's already creating a pet name for him and taking notes on how he will bash the guy when his reelection comes up.

You seriously need some integrity in your party. This is how it starts. Is your party nothing but a Trump personality cult? If not refrain from the urge to (figuratively) burn this heretic at the stake.

I'm a believer in Ronald Reagan's eleventh commandment: Thou shalt not talk bad about a fellow Republican. This joker is going even beyond that.

There is no integrity in trying to impeach a great President for "obstruction" of an investigation that was created out of thin air for no reason but politics. We don't need to stop Trump. We need to stop the corruption of using government agencies as party assistants in defeating a political enemy. Barr is working on that now.

He's one of the libertarian-iest congressmen of them all...As such, he could probably find some constitutional grounds to impeach a ham sammich...Were guys like Thomas Massie, Rand Paul, and a few others I can think of come out with the same conclusion, I might be inclined to give this all a second look.

BTW, in any other context and circumstance, the OP considers a hard libertarian like Amash to be a fringe outlier nutbar....Funny how all that changes when he says something you like, innit?

To be honest, I never heard of the guy until now. He's a nobody apparently and making the mistake of trying to manufacture a name for himself by challenging the king.

I'm sure his next election, he'll be going down in flames. Trump doesn't forget people like this, and I'm sure he's already creating a pet name for him and taking notes on how he will bash the guy when his reelection comes up.

So, you refer to a duly elected Congressman, elected by his constituents, as a "nobody"

You are one arrogant fucking prick that hates the electoral role in this nation & you also hate The Constitution; prick.

I'm a believer in Ronald Reagan's eleventh commandment: Thou shalt not talk bad about a fellow Republican. This joker is going even beyond that.

There is no integrity in trying to impeach a great President for "obstruction" of an investigation that was created out of thin air for no reason but politics. We don't need to stop Trump. We need to stop the corruption of using government agencies as party assistants in defeating a political enemy. Barr is working on that now.
Ronald Reagan would be absolutely horrified by Trump's presidency.

So, you refer to a duly elected Congressman, elected by his constituents, as a "nobody"

You are one arrogant fucking prick that hates the electoral role in this nation & you also hate The Constitution; prick.

I honestly cant believe you just said that,,,

you defended the constitution,,,

I hate the Constitution because I don't know the names of every Congressman in the House? Tell me, when has this guys name come up before?

I listen to politics all day on the radio. I watch the news at night. I go to Google news to find out the latest in politics. I come here. And I've never heard this idiots name once. So HTF would you expect me to know him?

We don't hate the electoral role in this country--you and your ilk do. That's why you're always thinking of ways to rig the election. Who's complaining about the electoral college; a system we've been using since the start of this country? YOU ARE!

Why would one waste their time listening to something so unimportant and stupid as politics all day? It has no relevance. How regrettable and embarrassing.

I hate the Constitution because I don't know the names of every Congressman in the House? Tell me, when has this guys name come up before?

I listen to politics all day on the radio. I watch the news at night. I go to Google news to find out the latest in politics. I come here. And I've never heard this idiots name once. So HTF would you expect me to know him?

We don't hate the electoral role in this country--you and your ilk do. That's why you're always thinking of ways to rig the election. Who's complaining about the electoral college; a system we've been using since the start of this country? YOU ARE!

You made the statement that a duly elected Congressman is a "nobody" and he was ELECTED by his constituents.

You are an arrogant prick.

You may think he is a nobody BUT his constituents put him into office.

You made the statement that a duly elected Congressman is a "nobody" and he was ELECTED by his constituents.

You are an arrogant prick.

You may think he is a nobody BUT his constituents put him into office.

So what? Do you have a point? Nobody knows him BUT his constituents and perhaps some outside his district in his state. He is a nobody.

Why would one waste their time listening to something so unimportant and stupid as politics all day? It has no relevance. How regrettable and embarrassing.

Because I enjoy listening to politics. Some like sports, some like movies, some like concerts. I like politics.

caddo kid, calm down. I love the energy but your cursing lacks focus. If Ray IS from Cleveland, he deserves your sympathy-not your ire.

caddo kid, calm down. I love the energy but your cursing lacks focus. If Ray IS from Cleveland, he deserves your sympathy-not your ire.

Ray is prolly a meth head so he prolly has no teeth. LOFL ........

Politics doesn't matter. It has no relevance and as a patriotic American it's my duty to call it out as comical. It is entertaining however and that is it's strongest value. So I can see how you as a patriotic person would make light of it.

so, you're waiting on some tobacco; great .............
Actually quit smoking but still like it if that makes sense.

Believe me, you'd like about 95% or more of the rest of what Amash is in favor of.

Believe me, you'd like about 95% or more of the rest of what Amash is in favor of.

Perhaps, but once you stab your party in the back, it doesn't matter what else you believe in. When a Republican decides to join ranks with the Democrats against a Republican, he's no better than the Democrats.

Forum List

Back