GOP Congressman Calling for Impeachment of Trump

Lawmaker, breaking with GOP, accuses Trump of obstruction, impeachable conduct

Justin Amash becomes first Republican congressman to call for Trump's impeachment - CNNPolitics

Michigan GOP Rep. Justin Amash said Saturday he had concluded President Donald Trump committed "impeachable conduct" and accused Attorney General William Barr of intentionally misleading the public.

Amash's comments recommending Congress pursue obstruction of justice charges against Trump were the first instance of a sitting Republican in Congress calling for Trump's impeachment.

"Contrary to Barr's portrayal, Mueller's report reveals that President Trump engaged in specific actions and a pattern of behavior that meet the threshold for impeachment," Amash said in a string of messages on Twitter.

"Our system of checks and balances relies on each branch's jealously guarding its powers and upholding its duties under our Constitution," Amash tweeted. "When loyalty to a political party or to an individual trumps loyalty to the Constitution, the Rule of Law -- the foundation of liberty -- crumbles."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is actually quite surprising, to see a lone GOP US Congressman stating basically EXACTLY what I have been stating here @ USMB for the past week.
Congress has the duty to The Constitution to impeach Trump.
It has nothing to do with party; it is the duty of Congress.
The US Constitution is above all else in The United States.

Anyone that believe party is above The Constitution is a political, partisan, piece of shit.

Edited to remove way too many images.
Also an OP should be 3-4 paragraphs, link and comment.
Bait threads are a no-no.

caddo kid

USMB Rules and Guidelines

• Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material.

Last edited by a moderator:
Justin Amash becomes first Republican congressman to call for Trump's impeachment - CNNPolitics

Michigan GOP Rep. Justin Amash said Saturday he had concluded President Donald Trump committed "impeachable conduct" and accused Attorney General William Barr of intentionally misleading the public.

Amash's comments recommending Congress pursue obstruction of justice charges against Trump were the first instance of a sitting Republican in Congress calling for Trump's impeachment.

"Contrary to Barr's portrayal, Mueller's report reveals that President Trump engaged in specific actions and a pattern of behavior that meet the threshold for impeachment," Amash said in a string of messages on Twitter.

"Our system of checks and balances relies on each branch's jealously guarding its powers and upholding its duties under our Constitution," Amash tweeted. "When loyalty to a political party or to an individual trumps loyalty to the Constitution, the Rule of Law -- the foundation of liberty -- crumbles."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is actually quite surprising, to see a lone GOP US Congressman stating basically EXACTLY what I have been stating here @ USMB for the past week.

Anyone that believe party is above The Constitution is a political, partisan, piece of shit.
I saw that. I can now say there is one republican in congress with actual balls.

Only one though.

As nasty as Trumpbots are to liberals it's nothing compared with what they do to turncoats. They are going to destroy this poor guy for showing a little integrity.

Agreed then. All Democrats are partisan, political pieces of shit.

Bill Clinton commits suborning of perjury: # of Dems supporting prosecution? ZERO.
Hillary commits felony destruction of gov. documents: # of Dems supporting prosecution? ZERO.
Obama spies on/obstructs new administration: # of Dems supporting prosecution? ZERO.
Lois Lerner weaponizes IRS to block Romney votes, throwing election to Obama: # of Dems supporting prosecution? ZERO.
FBI heads game up fraudulent FISA case: # of Dems supporting prosecution? ZERO.
Eric Holder, Loretta Lynch, Clapper, Brennan, Strozok, Page, Comey, Abedin, etc.: # of Dems supporting prosecution of ANY of these people? ZERO.
Hell, you can't even get them to investigate.

Last edited:

Agreed then. All Democrats are partisan , political pieces of shit.

Bill Clinton commits suborning of perjury: # of Dems supporting prosecution? ZERO.
Hillary commits felony destruction of gov. documents: # of Dems supporting prosecution? ZERO.
Obama spies on new administration: # of Dems supporting prosecution? ZERO.
Eric Holder, Loretta Lynch, Clapper, Brennan, Strozok, Page, Comey, Abedin, etc.: # of Dems supporting prosecution? ZERO.

I thought the thread was about Trump; oh that's right.
You had an abortion when you were two years old but it ended up being a lobotomy.
Oh well, too bad.

If this Republican were to apply the same standard to a Democrat President everyone would switch their opinion of him the right would now support and the left would be trashing him. Much like outrage of convenience is no outrage at all supporting someone out of convenience no support at all.

Agreed then. All Democrats are partisan, political pieces of shit.

Eric Holder, Loretta Lynch, Clapper, Brennan, Strozok, Page, Comey, Abedin, etc.: # of Dems supporting prosecution? ZERO.
I thought the thread was about Trump; oh that's right.

It was until YOU changed it. You said that "Anyone that believe party is above The Constitution is a political, partisan, piece of shit." and I agreed with you. Funny how you lop-eared rejects from a psycho ward all cry fowl when you inadvertently trip and fall in your own shit simply because someone gives you a list of obviously political decisions all done in the name of party over law and they turn out to be YOUR PARTY!

And by crying fowl, you've yourself put your party over the constitution by not agreeing, thereby calling YOURSELF a political, partisan, piece of shit!

Whoops! But then, no one ever said you were bright.

Wonder how much he will make out if the deal he obviously made? I suppose they need a new Flake?

And all you attachments dont show up on IPAD.

I think the RNC should announce they are cutting off all funding for his next campaign. Let them put their money behind somebody with solidarity. We don't need anymore backstabbers in our party.

Wonder how much he will make out if the deal he obviously made? I suppose they need a new Flake?

And all you attachments dont show up on IPAD.

On my iMac either, but I'm sure we're not missing anything.

Agreed then. All Democrats are partisan , political pieces of shit.

Thing is, investigating conspiracy theories quickly turns into an exercise in futility unless you would like some patriotic agents to manufacture some evidence and some judges to be bought and some juries to be rigged. How badly do you want to damage the rule of law to make all your fever dreams true?

hahahhahahhhaha

I think the RNC should announce they are cutting off all funding for his next campaign. Let them put their money behind somebody with solidarity. We don't need anymore backstabbers in our party.
You seriously need some integrity in your party. This is how it starts. Is your party nothing but a Trump personality cult? If not refrain from the urge to (figuratively) burn this heretic at the stake.

He's one of the libertarian-iest congressmen of them all...As such, he could probably find some constitutional grounds to impeach a ham sammich...Were guys like Thomas Massie, Rand Paul, and a few others I can think of come out with the same conclusion, I might be inclined to give this all a second look.

BTW, in any other context and circumstance, the OP considers a hard libertarian like Amash to be a fringe outlier nutbar....Funny how all that changes when he says something you like, innit?

Forum List

Back