GOP begins systematic stripping away of Women's rights

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
GOP lawmakers were quick to demonstrate their antipathy toward the rights of American women. ThinkProgress:

On Tuesday, the very first day of the 114th Congress, two lawmakers introduced a measure to ban abortions after 20 weeks, in direct violation of the protections afforded under Roe v. Wade. Reps. Trent Franks (R-AZ) and Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) reintroduced the Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, the same legislation that successfully passed the House last year.Just FYI, this measure is blatantly unconstitutional and completely undermines the ability of women to make critical healthcare decisions with their doctors.

And no credible research has found that fetuses feel pain at 20 weeks, as the bill claims. In fact, the American Medical Association has found exactly the opposite.

"Consequently, the capacity for conscious perception of pain can arise only after thalomocortical pathways begin to function, which may occur around 29 to 30 weeks' gestational age."
Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina has promised to introduce this completely unconstitutional attack on women's rights and health care in the Senate in the next few weeks.

Once again, Republicans prove that they absolutely believe in government interference when it involves women. Freedom doesn't mean freedom for everyone—only a chosen few.

LINK

GOP lawmakers were quick to demonstrate their antipathy toward the rights of American women. ThinkProgress:

On Tuesday, the very first day of the 114th Congress, two lawmakers introduced a measure to ban abortions after 20 weeks, in direct violation of the protections afforded under Roe v. Wade. Reps. Trent Franks (R-AZ) and Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) reintroduced the Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, the same legislation that successfully passed the House last year.Just FYI, this measure is blatantly unconstitutional and completely undermines the ability of women to make critical healthcare decisions with their doctors.

And no credible research has found that fetuses feel pain at 20 weeks, as the bill claims. In fact, the American Medical Association has found exactly the opposite.

"Consequently, the capacity for conscious perception of pain can arise only after thalomocortical pathways begin to function, which may occur around 29 to 30 weeks' gestational age."
Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina has promised to introduce this completely unconstitutional attack on women's rights and health care in the Senate in the next few weeks.

Once again, Republicans prove that they absolutely believe in government interference when it involves women. Freedom doesn't mean freedom for everyone—only a chosen few.

LINK
I met a fetus once...and she said you were a pain in the ass.

LINK

They can pass all the discriminating and unconstitutional legislation they want. It still has to get past the senate and our president.

If it reaches the senate the republicans don't have 60 votes to overcome a filibuster so it will die in the senate without reaching the president's desk for him to veto.

The republicans continue to waste time on worthless legislation and wasting our tax dollars.

A baby taken from its mother's womb at 21 weeks and 6 days of gestation has survived.

Modern medicine is pushing back the viability line.

Your rights end where mine are denied. A woman's rights end where the unborn's rights begin.

This comes as no surprise, of course; most conservatives seek to expand the size of government and the authority of the state at the expense of individual liberty.
Didn't take them long to start re-installing cameras in other people's bedrooms as it were. Is it any wonder why SOCON-types are rightly seen as "big gov't" advocates? 1984 anyone?

LINK
Abortion is a very interesting political issue. No issue is so divided straight down the middle amongst the public.

I have to say based on this study, no women should have an abortion past 27 weeks. I think that's where the law should stand. It's a great compromise if you ask me.

LINK
Abortion is a very interesting political issue. No issue is so divided straight down the middle amongst the public.

I have to say based on this study, no women should have an abortion past 27 weeks. I think that's where the law should stand. It's a great compromise if you ask me.

I second this. We should compromise on this issue.

It's not a woman's right to abort a man's baby.
Feminist sexist bigotry of the left.
Men are not responsible for carrying the child.

Tell me if a man says to the woman he impregnated not to abort, is she supposed to agree? Why? Why does the man have the final say? What is your suggestion?

Tell me if a man says to the woman he impregnated not to abort, is she supposed to agree? Why? Why does the man have the final say? What is your suggestion?

The child is half the mans. Why shouldn't the father have some say???

wow, you still have your abortion. what's the gripe and lies about now

For progressives all you do is regress the same ole same ole. back to war on wemeeeeeen folk

Last edited:

The child is half the mans. Why shouldn't the father have some say???
It's not that I don't think a man should have a say, I just think in the interest of resolving such a deadlock, the woman has the right. She is the one that must carry the child. That comes with a lot of responsibility and sacrifice. All the man did was blow his load. Important yes, but the woman's desire supersedes in the matter.

How about all the female victims of late term abortion who were executed by stabbing them in the back of the head and sucking their brains out with a Frankenstein machine? Who do we see about the violation of their right to "life liberty and the pursuit of happiness"? Didn't the exposure of Dr. Gosnel's house of horrors teach liberal men anything about what women risk in these slaughterhouses and the value of human life?

Forum List

Back