GOP about to be blindsided with Obama's brilliant re-election strategy

Those pics actually look like the ones from the San Fransico earthquake back in the 90's

Minneapolis will mark the fourth anniversary of the Interstate 35W bridge collapse today by dedicating a memorial honoring the lives lost and the survivors of the disaster. (08/01/2011)

Minneapolis Bridge Collapse | Minnesota Public Radio News

I thought everyone knew about this horrific tragedy. Guess I was wrong.

I-35%20Collapse%202.jpg

Considering the majority of our bridges are over 50 years old, be ready to see a repeat.

The fact is, many of these bridges were built during the Eisenhower Administration. He was a Republican who was behind most of the big infrastructure projects that came from the 50's and 60's. He would be so ashamed of what his party has become.

We had a perdestrian walk way bridge at lowes motor speedway to fall a few years ago in Concord they said it was due to installer error The contrator had a lot of mexicans working for them I wonder if the bridge you showed had been built by mexicans?

Yea, Mexicans from 50 years ago? In Minnesota?

Give it a rest.

While Republicans are tearing each other up during the debates and giving Obama plenty of new soundbytes, Obama is busy going from Republican District to Republican District asking the Republican base why their leadership feels they should be satisfied with unsafe bridges and dangerous roads.

"Let him die" will become one of the many new campaign lines used against the Republicans.

"Corporations are people, my friend" will become another one.

Then there's the whole "anti science" thing.

The list goes on and is growing. While all the cameras and press are focused on the Republicans bashing Washington, Obama is not even IN Washington. Instead, he's laying the groundwork for what is to come and laying it on his terms.

Republicans will say, "But look, Democrats lost Wiener's district". So what? A few months before Republicans lost a couple of districts in a similar way. Remember, the House has a "13%" approval rating. That means an 87% DISAPPROVAL rating.

By doing what he's doing, Obama isn't just running againt the Republican nominee, he's running against the entire Republican Party.

Soon, he will be in John Boehner's district asking why there are 195 bridges deemed "structurally deficient".

Bridges falling down, no money for infrastructure, two wars, failed economy, all these things happened on Republican watch or came from Republican policy. And we know from the debates, these are STILL their policies. Difficult to run on failed policy.

Republicans will say, "But Obama's policies failed". How will we know? Republicans and Conservative Democrats never gave them a chance. And many Conservative Democrats have already been voted out of office.

Looking forward to the next 14 months.

:cuckoo: This administration is currently under investigation for the Fast and Furious program--now the Solyndra bankruptcy--that is looking like Obama pressured the Energy department to loan 1/2 billion in taxpayer dollars out of the stimulus bill--WITHOUT going through proper procedures and KNOWING that this company was not financially viable to loan this money too in the 1st place--along with 4 other green energy companies. And we have the e-mails to PROVE IT. And now we have another scandel regarding testimony from a 4 star general--that this administration pressured him to change his testimony.

Then we have Obama's JOBS czar--Immelt CEO of General electric that is making certain he is creating jobs in CHINA--to compete with Boeing aircraft and American company who employs Americans.

NY9 the most liberal district in the UNITED STATES--which includes Brooklyn and Queens--just went red. Democrats held this seat since 1923-or 90 YEARS-and this Tuesday Democrats around this country--got a very good look at what is going to happen to them in 2012.

After these special elections--we have democrat politicians jumping ship on Obama--and are running from him and his policies. Many have stated they have no intention of supporting his NEW JOBS bills as they don't like it either.

So dream on--& enjoy the next 14 months--because I sure will.-:lol::lol:

View attachment 15202

You left out the Gibson Guitar scandal, just another recent example of sleazy Chicago style politics from the regime.

You're right I forgot about that one--along with all the new unnecessary government regulations that have a boot on the throats of business in this country.

Yes unsafe bridges are the trump card.

BR9.jpg

1030532519_c614bfbe27_o_thumb.jpg

02bridge.1-600.jpg

Consequences from Republican policy are an important strategy. Wouldn't you say?

yeah.... these are all the fault of Republican policy. You're a complete fucking loon.

What do you think happens when infrastructure is allowed to fall apart? Not very bright, are you? How much money did Bush and Reagan and the Republicans put into this country? Not much. They tell us they don't want to put any.

GOP about to be blindsided with Obama's brilliant re-election strategy

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZPwDRZ6pTM]Hitler Discovers ATTACKWATCH is a Joke! - YouTube[/ame]

What's with all this bridge shite? No bridge is "safe" from a strong enough earthquake. Sheesh.

Anywho towns, cities and States can build their own damn bridges.

While Republicans are tearing each other up during the debates and giving Obama plenty of new soundbytes, Obama is busy going from Republican District to Republican District asking the Republican base why their leadership feels they should be satisfied with unsafe bridges and dangerous roads.

"Let him die" will become one of the many new campaign lines used against the Republicans.

The list goes on and is growing. While all the cameras and press are focused on the Republicans bashing Washington, Obama is not even IN Washington. Instead, he's laying the groundwork for what is to come and laying it on his terms.

Republicans will say, "But look, Democrats lost Wiener's district". So what? A few months before Republicans lost a couple of districts in a similar way. Remember, the House has a "13%" approval rating. That means an 87% DISAPPROVAL rating.

By doing what he's doing, Obama isn't just running againt the Republican nominee, he's running against the entire Republican Party.

Soon, he will be in John Boehner's district asking why there are 195 bridges deemed "structurally deficient".

Bridges falling down, no money for infrastructure, two wars, failed economy, all these things happened on Republican watch or came from Republican policy. And we know from the debates, these are STILL their policies. Difficult to run on failed policy.

Republicans will say, "But Obama's policies failed". How will we know? Republicans and Conservative Democrats never gave them a chance. And many Conservative Democrats have already been voted out of office.

:cuckoo: This administration is currently under investigation for the Fast and Furious program--now the Solyndra bankruptcy--that is looking like Obama pressured the Energy department to loan 1/2 billion in taxpayer dollars out of the stimulus bill--WITHOUT going through proper procedures and KNOWING that this company was not financially viable to loan this money too in the 1st place--along with 4 other green energy companies. And we have the e-mails to PROVE IT. And now we have another scandel regarding testimony from a 4 star general--that this administration pressured him to change his testimony.

Then we have Obama's JOBS czar--Immelt CEO of General electric that is making certain he is creating jobs in CHINA--to compete with Boeing aircraft and American company who employs Americans.

NY9 the most liberal district in the UNITED STATES--which includes Brooklyn and Queens--just went red. Democrats held this seat since 1923-or 90 YEARS-and this Tuesday Democrats around this country--got a very good look at what is going to happen to them in 2012.

After these special elections--we have democrat politicians jumping ship on Obama--and are running from him and his policies. Many have stated they have no intention of supporting his NEW JOBS bills as they don't like it either.

View attachment 15202

You left out the Gibson Guitar scandal, just another recent example of sleazy Chicago style politics from the regime.

After Enron, Halliburton and Lehman Brothers, it's clear, no one has scandals like the Republicans. In one week in Iraq, they lost 9 billion in cash money. Who could top that? Anything Obama and the Democrats do is peanuts compared to what Republicans have done.

419-iraq-money.jpg

FOXNews.com - Audit Shows $8.8B Missing in Iraq - Politics | Republican Party

One of the main benefactors of the Iraq funds was Texas-based firm Halliburton, which was paid more than $1 billion of that money to bring in fuel for Iraqi civilians. The monitoring board said it had not been given access to U.S. audits of contracts held by Halliburton (search).

$9 billion missing in action

In the aftermath of the invasion, planes filled with shrink-wrapped bundles of $100 bills were flown into Baghdad. Wondering how much money fits into a plane? "It was $2 billion a flight, and I know of at least six flights," Stuart Bowen, special inspector general for Iraq reconstruction, told the BBC. Waiting at the airport for the planeloads of greenbacks was David Oliver. Head of the CPA's finance department, he handed much of this money over to the Iraqi provisional government. After that the paper trail grows colder.

---------------------------------

For Republicans, Iraq was one giant MONEY PARTY!

View attachment 15202

After Enron, Halliburton and Lehman Brothers, it's clear, no one has scandals like the Republicans. In one week in Iraq, they lost 9 billion in cash money. Who could top that? Anything Obama and the Democrats do is peanuts compared to what Republicans have done.

419-iraq-money.jpg

FOXNews.com - Audit Shows $8.8B Missing in Iraq - Politics | Republican Party

One of the main benefactors of the Iraq funds was Texas-based firm Halliburton, which was paid more than $1 billion of that money to bring in fuel for Iraqi civilians. The monitoring board said it had not been given access to U.S. audits of contracts held by Halliburton (search).

$9 billion missing in action

In the aftermath of the invasion, planes filled with shrink-wrapped bundles of $100 bills were flown into Baghdad. Wondering how much money fits into a plane? "It was $2 billion a flight, and I know of at least six flights," Stuart Bowen, special inspector general for Iraq reconstruction, told the BBC. Waiting at the airport for the planeloads of greenbacks was David Oliver. Head of the CPA's finance department, he handed much of this money over to the Iraqi provisional government. After that the paper trail grows colder.

---------------------------------

For Republicans, Iraq was one giant MONEY PARTY!

Hey deantard what happen to the trillion dollars obama "spent"

How to build a bridge...

Partial transcript from Mark Steyn's: The State Despotic...

I’m often struck by how much of our language has become metaphorical: A few years ago, a Fleet Street colleague accidentally booked himself into a conference on “building bridges” assuming it would be some multiculti community outreach yakfest. It turned out to be a panel of engineers discussing bridge construction. Yet in an important sense the ability to build real bridges is indeed an attribute of community. A friend of mine is a New Hampshire “selectman,” one of those municipal offices Tocqueville found so admirable. In 2003, a state highway inspector rode through and condemned one of the town’s bridges, on a dirt road that serves maybe a dozen houses. That’s the bad news. The good news was the 80/20 state/town funding plan, under which, if you applied to Concord for a new bridge, the state would pay 80 percent of the cost, the town 20. So they did. The state estimated the cost at $320,000, so the town’s share would be $64,000. Great. So the town threw up a temporary bridge just down river from the condemned one, and waited for the state to get going. Six years later, the temporary bridge has worn out, and the latest revised estimate is $655,000, such that the town’s share would be $131,000.

That’s the bad news. The good news is that, under the “stimulus” bill, they can put in for the 60/40 federal/state bridge funding plan, under which the feds pay 60 percent, and the state pays 40, and thus the town would be on the hook for 20 percent of the 40 percent, if you follow. If they applied for the program now, the bridge might be built by, oh, 2015, 2020, and it’ll only be $1.2 million, or $4 million, or $12 million, or whatever the estimate’ll be by then.

But who knows? By 2015, there might be some 70/30 UN/federal bridge plan, under which the UN pays 70 percent, and the feds pay 30, and thus the town would only be liable for 20 percent of the state’s 40 percent of the feds’ 30 percent. And the estimate for the bridge will be a mere $2.7 billion. While the Select Board was pondering this, another bridge was condemned. The state’s estimate was $415,000, and, given that the previous bridge had been on the to-do list for six years, they weren’t ready to pencil this second one in on the schedule just yet. So instead the town put in a new bridge from a local contractor. Cost: $30,000. Don’t worry; it’s all up to code—and a lot safer than the worn-out temporary bridge still waiting for the 80/20/60/40/70/30 deal to kick in. As my friend said at the meeting: “Screw the state. Let’s do it ourselves.”

“Screw the state” is not a Tocquevillian formulation, but he would have certainly agreed with the latter sentiment. When something goes wrong, a European demands to know what the government’s going to do about it. An American does it himself. Or he used to—in the Jacksonian America a farsighted Frenchman understood so well. “Human dignity,” writes Professor Rahe, “is bound up with taking responsibility for conducting one’s own affairs.” When the state annexes that responsibility, the citizenry are indeed mere sheep to the government shepherd. Paul Rahe concludes his brisk and trenchant examination of republican “staying power” with specific proposals to reclaim state and local power from Washington, and with a choice: “We can be what once we were, or we can settle for a gradual, gentle descent into servitude.” I wish I were more sanguine about how that vote would go.

SteynOnline - Search

(may have to be a subscriber)

GOP about to be blindsided
That don't seem to take much. Especially when the 'leader' is a lush and given to emotional outburst.

Obama is an almost failure. He did not spend the stimulus money where he promised. He duplicated Bush's failed bank bailouts and although not quite as bad, they were still a complete failure. Then he spent the first 18 months of a financial crisis, passing a POS Health Care bill that was so bad, not one Dem mentioned it in the elections campaigns. He has done absolutely nothing about the economy and people vote with their wallets.
To prove I'm not just another right-wing whackjob who can't acknowledge anything he's done well, I will acknowledge the few things he's excelled at.
1. Repealing DADT. That was good.
2. Getting OBL. While the Far Right Brain-washed can't give him credit for this, he kept after him for two years until he found him. Then he authorized the invasion of a compound in a country that on paper is our ally but in reality is our enemy - all while he knew the GOP was just chomping at the bit for him to have a failed mission. Great job.
3. Under his administration, more active terrorist cells, with weapons, bombs etc... have been captured BEFORE they blew sh1t up, than anyone before him. So while the idiot before him can say "Well yah, but AFTER I totally f*cked up, I did a good job, Obama did so beforehand. Great job.
So, you know I am not some ConservaRepub who says he sucks only because my thoughts are fed to me by FOX.
Your campaign strategy ain't gonna cut it. People who can't afford to put a turkey on the table for Thanksgiving, are gonna vote for The Party That's Not In Power.
Unless the economy shows real improvement or photos of Perry in bed with boy scouts show up, Obama is probably cooked.

Obama is an almost failure. He did not spend the stimulus money where he promised. He duplicated Bush's failed bank bailouts and although not quite as bad, they were still a complete failure. Then he spent the first 18 months of a financial crisis, passing a POS Health Care bill that was so bad, not one Dem mentioned it in the elections campaigns. He has done absolutely nothing about the economy and people vote with their wallets.
To prove I'm not just another right-wing whackjob who can't acknowledge anything he's done well, I will acknowledge the few things he's excelled at.
2. Getting OBL. While the Far Right Brain-washed can't give him credit for this, he kept after him for two years until he found him. Then he authorized the invasion of a compound in a country that on paper is our ally but in reality is our enemy - all while he knew the GOP was just chomping at the bit for him to have a failed mission. Great job.
3. Under his administration, more active terrorist cells, with weapons, bombs etc... have been captured BEFORE they blew sh1t up, than anyone before him. So while the idiot before him can say "Well yah, but AFTER I totally f*cked up, I did a good job, Obama did so beforehand. Great job.
So, you know I am not some ConservaRepub who says he sucks only because my thoughts are fed to me by FOX.
Your campaign strategy ain't gonna cut it. People who can't afford to put a turkey on the table for Thanksgiving, are gonna vote for The Party That's Not In Power.
Unless the economy shows real improvement or photos of Perry in bed with boy scouts show up, Obama is probably cooked.

I wonder, where do you get #3? If you think the FBI arresting some halfwit who they talk into driving a van they think is loaded with explosives somewhere a success I will give you that one.

On the other hand, if allowing a guy to build a bomb and drive it into Times Square, or allowing someone to climb aboard a plane with a bomb, or even allowing a crazed nut job to attack a military unit that is about to deploy and having them unable to defend themselves, stopping attacks before they happen, you seriously need to reevaluate your criteria.

I can name same intelligent far left, moonbat, Obamazombie, Democrats who would not try to give Obama credit for stopping terrorists attacks that actually happened. Can you explain why I, or anyone else, should look at you as anything other than a partisan hack?

Statements like that are why I, and others, point, out that you are neither logical nor independent.

Last edited:

I guess the only thing he has going for hin is the Reps initated TARP and threw it down his throat as a must have as soon as he walked through the doors of the Whitehouse. This ***Independent** will not forget that.

I guess the only thing he has going for hin is the Reps initated TARP and threw it down his throat as a must have as soon as he walked through the doors of the Whitehouse. This ***Independent** will not forget that.

All you had to do was ask. We could have told you obama was going to be worse than Bush. Wait I think we did.

Funny, Texas has the safest, most modern roadways in America.

Who's in charge down there?

• 22% of Texas’ bridges are structurally deficient or functionally obsolete.
  • There are 888 high hazard dams in Texas. A high hazard dam is defined as a dam whose failure would cause a loss of life and significant property damage.
  • 103 of Texas’ 7,478 dams are in need of rehabilitation to meet applicable state dam safety standards.
  • 84% of high hazard dams in Texas have no emergency action plan (EAP). An EAP is a predetermined plan of action to be taken including roles, responsibilities and procedures for surveillance, notification and evacuation to reduce the potential for loss of life and property damage in an area affected by a failure or mis-operation of a dam.
  • Texas’ drinking water infrastructure needs an investment of $28.17 billion over the next 20 years.
  • Texas ranked 2nd in the quantity of hazardous waste produced and 4th in the total number of hazardous waste producers.
  • Texas’ ports handled 487 million tons of waterborne traffic in 2005, ranking it 1st in the nation.
  • Texas reported an unmet need of $31.2 million for its state public outdoor recreation facilities and parkland acquisition.
  • 32% of Texas’ major roads are in poor or mediocre condition.
  • 47% of Texas’ major urban highways are congested.
  • Vehicle travel on Texas’ highways increased 50% from 1990 to 2007.
  • Texas has $5.64 billion in wastewater infrastructure needs.

Top Three Infrastructure Concerns:
Roads
Drinking Water
Wastewater

Key Infrastructure Facts

Wow...who is in charge down there? Yikes!

Oh shit.

Facts.

There you go spoiling a good fairy tale.

No special interest in having the Society of Civil Engineers come up with this list of job sites for it's members...... right cartoon wolf?:lol::lol::lol:

All you had to do was ask. We could have told you obama was going to be worse than Bush. Wait I think we did.

They are all worse because they all are bought and paid for by the establishment. The problems never get solved because they are not supposed to. Hence they languish and get worse. In the meantime the rest of us are chumps. Go drink your koolaid.

They are all worse because they all are bought and paid for by the establishment. The problems never get solved because they are not supposed to. Hence they languish and get worse. In the meantime the rest of us are chumps. Go drink your koolaid.

My koolaid? Maybe you should read some of my post and threads I have made here.

I am not counting. Show me a reason not to think that.

I am not counting. Show me a reason not to think that.

I didn't say count my post I said check some of them out. And I don't have all night hurry up.

I'm in no hurry. That is for corp America. When freed from that I can flow like a river. I will not dig into your past. You may have said stuff you regret. The substance of the man is who he has become not what he has been.

Forum List

Back