Google: Pressure Cooker + Backpack=Police Visit

How do they know what her browsing history is?

As we have learned from Hero Edward Snowden, it's Xkeyscore, data mining by the government.

You do know if Bush were still president all the libs would be screaming and accusing the president for spying on American citizens.

Americans can't change the Long War and its reliance upon the Police State by "choosing" between Republican OR Democrat in the voting booth. Both parties depend on the same 1% of all voters to fund their campaigns and retirements; the richest 1% of Americans who profit too much from wars they don't fight in and debt they inflict upon others know it matters little which corporate party controls the White House or congress.

The solution is to FLUSH as many incumbents from the US Congress as possible starting in November 2014. Established third parties run candidates in house and senate races every two years, and if millions of voters decide to reject Republicans and Democrats alike we could FLUSH a hundred Republicans AND Democrats from DC in a single news cycle.

Then the NSA, CIA, Pentagon, and Wall Street would all have to find new lies to tell very quickly or else...?

And if you fart over a candle the methane fire can burn your ass.

How sad it is that on the strength of nothing more than mere mention of such essentially harmless items, with no further suggestion they might be applied to nefarious purpose, can result in a police raid and a search of one's home. It's more than sad. It is absolutely Orwellian.

Fifty years ago no one would believe such things could happen in America, which was the reason for loving America. That reason no longer exists. Things of this nature only happen in police states. And that is no exaggeration.

There appears to be some bipartisan agreement with your views, Mike.

"A bipartisan coalition against domestic surveillance is growing stronger in Washington. Last week, the House nearly passed a measure that would have prevented the National Security Agency from using the USA PATRIOT Act to collect phone records of individuals who are not under investigation. The measure failed by a narrow 217-to-205 margin."

Reps. Conyers & Massie on Bipartisan Campaign Against NSA Spying; Call for James Clapper to Resign | Democracy Now!

Possibly Clapper's resignation/prosecution for lying to congress would be a good first test?

Look, this started with Bush. I did not like it under Bush, I don't like it under Obama. However, there is also a paradox here. Were there to be another successful large attack, and had we closed down this survelience sometime before the attack, no matter who or what party he or she belonged to, the President would then vilefied for shutting down the survelience by the very same people damning it here.

I clearly remember the replies I got on message boards when I stated my dislike of the Patriot Act. I was accused of being a terrorist sympathizer, traitor, and worst. Now these same people are damning the result of that Act, and blaming the current President for those results.
You've raised a very good point. But it should be mentioned that in keeping with that point it is critically important that the public make it clear to the President and the Congress that we want this excessive assertion of police authority to stop!

We want the Patriot Act repealed! And we want the NSA to be subject to strict regulation.
Our current congress in owned body and soul by the 1% of voters who subsidize the election campaigns and retirements of incumbent Republicans AND Democrats from Maine to Maui. This 1% thrive on the Long War, surveillance industry, and eternal debt for the majority of Americans for its ever-rising standard of living.

Unlike the presidency, the house and senate members are not insulated from third party challengers. All the pieces already exist to convince millions of voters to stop "choosing" between two wings of the 1% party. Established third party candidates already appear on many ballots across the country; the internet and its social media adjuncts make the call for revolution available on a scale Tom Paine or Huey Long couldn't even dream about.

Stopping the Long War and its requisite surveillance state dead in its tracks will never happen if left to Democrats OR Republicans, IMHO. But if we don't stop it, some of you leaving descendants behind will not be fondly remembered.

Forum List

Back